[1.0] Death Rattle (2018-10-30)

Started by System.Linq, July 17, 2017, 02:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: rambo on July 17, 2017, 08:08:54 PM
some guy lost his BRAIN and is still alive thats instant death for sure

Not entirely. But that would be severe enough that they probably wouldn't last longer than 2-3 hours game time in a coma.
At least unless you have certain body mods. I believe I can do brain repair, never tried because I haven't needed to.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

EnterTheNameHere

Theoretically, if you could keep them "alive" with some artificial blood circulation, you could have time to harv... eh transplant their organs... Psychology point of view speaking, colonists might not even be angry about it if there is no chance to save the person - their organs might help later. But since the "heads off" coma effect is kind of unintended, that would probably require more coding, adding complexity, that's outside of the intention of this mod (I guess).

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-7-18:
-Destruction of the brain is now an instant death again.
-Tweaked vegetative states.

moonra

A very much needed change in the vanilla mechanics, this is definitely getting added to my mod list.

EnterTheNameHere

Quote from: Linq on July 18, 2017, 03:44:13 AM
Updated to 2017-7-18:
-Destruction of the brain is now an instant death again.
-Tweaked vegetative states.

Who is great? Bende... I mean Linq is great!

Soupy Delicious

My dog clinically died (their heart was very damaged) and my 8-skilled doctor brought him back to life with no medicine.

We DID get to him quickly, but I'm afraid this mod might eradicate some of the milder cases of 'nothing we can do for ya, dog' and simply make it so that if you get to the pawn in time they will invariably make it.  Do you think there could be any truth to what I'm saying?

edit: Answer me, damnit!  It's a salient point!

Reoxur

I don't think the mod is working for me

Unless there's something more I gotta do other than drag HugsLib and this mod into Mods folder and activate them ingame.

Or dying from gunshots doesn't mean they live at all lol

lorebot

Quote from: Reoxur on July 24, 2017, 12:43:56 PM
I don't think the mod is working for me

Unless there's something more I gotta do other than drag HugsLib and this mod into Mods folder and activate them ingame.

Or dying from gunshots doesn't mean they live at all lol

The mod doesn't stop a pawn from dying due to damage, it stops them from being instantly killed by loss of an essential bodily function. So your pawns will still die from being shot up a lot, but they won't be instantly killed if their liver, heart, stomach, etc... gets destroyed by the first bullet. You'll get some time to try to save them by giving them replacement organs, but if none are available they'll still die pretty fast.

rambo

suggestion : add organ machines like a lung machine when you get bitten by snake (in real life) and no anti venom is available they put you in some sort of lung machine until the affects wear out so if lets a heart is destroyed and you have no spare hearts so you put a heart machine until a "generous" donor comes by

MeMyselfAnDie

Would it be possible for you to make a version that is compatible (or I suppose replaces the functionality of, since I think they change the same function) with no death randomness?

Reoxur

Quote from: lorebot on July 24, 2017, 02:29:00 PM

The mod doesn't stop a pawn from dying due to damage, it stops them from being instantly killed by loss of an essential bodily function. So your pawns will still die from being shot up a lot, but they won't be instantly killed if their liver, heart, stomach, etc... gets destroyed by the first bullet. You'll get some time to try to save them by giving them replacement organs, but if none are available they'll still die pretty fast.

Oh I see, thanks  ;)

Reoxur

Quote from: rambo on July 25, 2017, 12:42:07 PM
suggestion : add organ machines like a lung machine when you get bitten by snake (in real life) and no anti venom is available they put you in some sort of lung machine until the affects wear out so if lets a heart is destroyed and you have no spare hearts so you put a heart machine until a "generous" donor comes by

I second that  :P

FoxXeL

Hi, I installed the mod, tried it and realized it doesn't work. I then started a test map and shot my colonist with a sniper. When the liver was shot off, he died. I then used the debug command to add a hediff to my colonist (Active liver failure) to the liver organ and got an error. This is the log.

Exception ticking Van Driel: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.DefMap`2[Verse.PawnCapacityDef,Verse.PawnCapacitiesHandler+CacheElement].get_Item (Verse.PawnCapacityDef def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnCapacitiesHandler.GetLevel (Verse.PawnCapacityDef capacity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnCapacitiesHandler.CapableOf (Verse.PawnCapacityDef capacity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at DeathRattle.Hediff_DeathRattle.PostTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.HealthTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I really like the idea of this mod, I wish I could make it work.

The only mods that I have and may influence this one I think are De surgeries, EPOE and Harvest Everything!. Should I place this one after or before these other mods?

Ceanox

So, I had a colonist who had their head torn off by a Thrumbo, i killed the thrumbo, and kept alive a... headless, person, Sadly i din't have any mods to harvest somebodies entire head, and i just stared as we took out the headless alive person's organs. I think you'll need to make instant death for that, Also same for huge neck damage, as both head damage and neck damage destroy the head.

MikeOfDragon

Quote from: MeMyselfAnDie on July 25, 2017, 09:44:14 PM
Would it be possible for you to make a version that is compatible (or I suppose replaces the functionality of, since I think they change the same function) with no death randomness?
Non-colonist pawns die like 2/3rds (I think, maybe 1/3) of the time, to prevent you from getting colonists too fast. But I am pretty sure they would be compatible.