Worst colonist ever

Started by Edixo, July 17, 2017, 05:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edixo

This guy arrived in an escape pod. Suffice to say, I didn't rescue him.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

Shiny

He would actually be ok, you could assign him to hauling and cleaning and you'd never have to worry about wasting talent.

mcgnarman

Quote from: Edixo on July 17, 2017, 05:53:19 AM
This guy arrived in an escape pod. Suffice to say, I didn't rescue him.
Looks like a great janitor to me!

Seeker89

Optimist and steadfast... that's a pretty okay guy. Hauling, cooking, building?

PotatoeTater

That isn't that bad actually with his two other traits, his pryo one shouldn't be used that often. Just build him a stone bedroom and have him haul and clean. He would have been decent then.
Life is Strange

Dargaron

Medieval Lordling and Psychiatric Patient? Did you just turn away Don Quixote?!

RimSol

I have a guy that's a "veteran warrior" or whatever and he is incapable of violence. He can't do dumb labor or skilled labor.

He has 2 medical so he's my back up to the back up medic.

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: Seeker89 on July 17, 2017, 10:11:13 AM

You don't want that cooking.  Food poisoning is a major hit to pawn effectiveness.  He's okay as a dedicated hauler/cleaner, if you don't have a few already.  Otherwise he's mostly dead weight, though could be used to roll smokeleaf or on a spare research bench for a little bit of extra utility.

Any pawn that can be kept doing something useful consistently is not a candidate for "worst ever".  This isn't a good one, but you can do worse.

Snafu_RW

Quote from: TheMeInTeam on July 17, 2017, 01:48:11 PM
Quote from: Seeker89 on July 17, 2017, 10:11:13 AM

You don't want that cooking.  Food poisoning is a major hit to pawn effectiveness.
I don't /think/ food poisoning can be got from butchering (to train him up).. but I may well be wrong. Otherwise, agreed; you can also send him out with armour/shield belt as a distraction for raiders..
Dom 8-)

Shurp

No good skills, *and* a pyro to boot, I'm impressed.  He's definitely pig feed.

(I don't know why people insist on saying "he's not that bad..." -- yes, you *can* use him, but why in god's name would you want to?)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

lt_halle

Not as bad as a Sheriff with Incapable of Violence. Literally all they can do is handle animals, and it's rare that they have a passion in it.

In my mind anyone who can do dumb labor is a valuable asset because it means people with real skills don't have to be stuck hauling.

Mday

Just come across this one.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Names are for the Weak

Well, aside from the fact that she's held together with tape and string, she's not actually that bad. She has some decent stats and quite a few interests and passions. As for her being incapable of violence, someone has to rescue everybody after battle.

Shurp

People don't read, do they?

"Dementia" "bad back" "frail"

She's not using those skills, and she's barely able to haul herself from the battlefield, let alone anyone else.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

b0rsuk

Which reminds, me, we deserve a better skill display. The skill screen should also display effective skill level. Support my suggestion here:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34498.0