[A17] Space Worms 0.1 (Beta)

Started by demeggy, July 17, 2017, 06:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosChronicler

Anyone else pairing this with the USMC Xenomorph mod? About to start a game with both to see if they play nice with each other.

Dragoon

Gonna try this out again. Nice to see you are out of the alpha stages!
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Exoray

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on July 18, 2017, 09:50:25 PM
Anyone else pairing this with the USMC Xenomorph mod? About to start a game with both to see if they play nice with each other.

Yep, I'm doing a play through now. Never know when or how you could face Annihilation by Space Worms Or Xeno's.

Its Great!  :-[

demeggy

Cheers all. Im on vacation at the moment - but have some plans to get in on my return.

InfinityKage

Quote from: diegoaless13 on July 18, 2017, 05:24:00 PM
Just thinking about sending some drop pods with a few infested prisoners right in the center of a friendly faction's base and watch the space worms wipe them out :D

How would you go about doing something similar to this, because I'd like to see it. Is there a way to view an A.I. run colony and then spawn in a worm?

demeggy

Quote from: InfinityKage on July 20, 2017, 04:48:55 PM
Quote from: diegoaless13 on July 18, 2017, 05:24:00 PM
Just thinking about sending some drop pods with a few infested prisoners right in the center of a friendly faction's base and watch the space worms wipe them out :D

How would you go about doing something similar to this, because I'd like to see it. Is there a way to view an A.I. run colony and then spawn in a worm?

Hmm, that'd be a tricky feat. Easier to do with generated maps.

HowAboutScience

From what I can tell in the Xenomorph defs the chestburster def is commented out, so I don't think the mod currently allows the aliens to spread to new hosts. I could be wrong, theres no information in the post for the mod about it. If anything the Xenomorph mod author needs to look into this mod to get them chestbursters... bursting as soon as possible.

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: HowAboutScience on July 22, 2017, 04:22:45 PM

From what I can tell in the Xenomorph defs the chestburster def is commented out, so I don't think the mod currently allows the aliens to spread to new hosts. I could be wrong, theres no information in the post for the mod about it. If anything the Xenomorph mod author needs to look into this mod to get them chestbursters... bursting as soon as possible.
Oh I know. I just wanted the full experiance ;)

Dusty1Actual

Quote from: demeggy on July 20, 2017, 01:49:44 PM
Cheers all. Im on vacation at the moment - but have some plans to get in on my return.
conditioner

This Mod is absolutely incredible! I tried it out on my colony using the developer menu and i must say, its everything i love about space horrors. haha. Would there any chance we could get the source? just to have a look see on how you've accomplished this? maybe tweek it even just to play around with it for personal use? that would really make my existence!

SpaceDorf

Any known incompabilities so far ?

I will try it out too and let you know if it blows up :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Exoray

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 25, 2017, 02:09:23 PM

I play with 20 - 40 mods and it works like a charm

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Exoray on July 25, 2017, 02:37:27 PM

I put a 2 before those numbers ... then we are talking

@demeggy .. I found the first thing that annoyed me .. put a folder in your zip file .. extracting ten mods and seeing about, defs, textures in between not knowing which one it is .. not funny.
Gold Star for everything else, Naming Versioning and Idea :)

demeggy

Cheers all. Ill be working on it some more this weekend, ironing out some quirks and throwing a few new ideas in.

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 25, 2017, 02:41:46 PM
Quote from: Exoray on July 25, 2017, 02:37:27 PM

I put a 2 before those numbers ... then we are talking

@demeggy .. I found the first thing that annoyed me .. put a folder in your zip file .. extracting ten mods and seeing about, defs, textures in between not knowing which one it is .. not funny.
Gold Star for everything else, Naming Versioning and Idea :)

Cheers :) not sure what you mean on the folder though!

SpaceDorf

Easy to explain.

You zip the folders of your mod in a file ( about, defs .. ) instead of the Modfolder itself ( [A17]SpaceWorms 0.1)
like it is common now.

When extracting multiple mods at once it looks like that

[A17]Mod1
About
A17Mod2
Mod3 1.1.2
Defs
Mod4
Mod5
Mod6
Textures ..

I know I could extract to folder .. but then I have double folders with every other mod .. which is another kind of annoyance :)

And I am sorry if I sounded dickish somewhere .. English is only my second language

Yautja

Hey demeggy, just to know, will you update it anytime for B18 or when V1.0 releases?

Its just because you released the mod right when there was going the update to B18, so I had a small time to play with it ):

And it was one of the best mods I used, really amazing and I miss it... And I miss that you dont work on it anymore, I was so anxious waiting for newer versions, really happy when I saw a new thing, but meh, thanks for making us having the chance to use this awesome mod!! :D