[A17] No option to arrest a Pawn (he was a recruited prisoner with brain damage)

Started by MuffaloMouth, May 19, 2017, 11:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuffaloMouth

I found a bug in one of my colonies, although I'm not sure how to reproduce it. I captured a prisoner and recruited him, only to realize that he had a permanent brain injury. Naturally, I tried to arrest him. none of my pawns can arrest him, they just go right back to watching for targets. This pawn seems to be the only one affected, any of my others can be arrested.

Moderator's edit (Calahan) - This was originally posted in the A17 feedback thread. I split the post off, gave it an appropriate title, and moved it to bugs because it is a bug report and not feedback.

Calahan

Can you please post a save game where this issue is happening. If you compress the save then you might be able to post it as an attachment. Otherwise please use a third party service like GoogleDrive or Zippyshare to host the file and then post the download link.

MuffaloMouth

Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum. Save file is attached. The pawn that cannot be arrested is Will. The option is there when you right-click but nothing happens.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

ison

This is an interesting problem.

This is what happens:

- Pawn A is tired and trying to sleep.
- Pawn B is ordered to arrest A.
- B reserves a prisoner bed for A.
- A wants to sleep, so he reserves a normal bed, and since the reservation system doesn't allow reserving multiple beds per each pawn, the prisoner bed is unreserved.
- B's job fails.

I don't know how to solve this off the top of my head. We can't allow pawn B to keep trying to arrest pawn A when the ownership is lost, because it means that someone else can reserve the prisoner bed in the meantime. Another solution is to allow multiple reservations but it could be confusing and lead to bugs. Yet another solution is to forbid pawns to sleep if they're about to get arrested but it's unintuitive and hacky.

ison

This bug should be fixed in the next build.

(JobDriver_TakeToBed's goto toil no longer cares if the bed is no longer available)