[A17] Natural Walls (v1.0)

Started by Jibbles, July 19, 2017, 01:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jibbles

Natural Walls

Description:
Now you can give your base that mountain look on a flat map by building these walls.

For balance, Natural walls have the same stats as your standard walls. Available in stony and metallic materials.
The second type of wall in this mod is filler.

"Filler" is cheap and fast to make.  Only available for stony structures.
        Build time is the same as a wooden wall.
        Not flammable. Beauty is -5.
        Cost 2 stones.
        Very weak (Around 30hp)
They're usually surrounded by strong stony walls. They're meant to fill up large areas quickly and cheaply. It may look like your base is built inside a mountain, but you sure won't have the same amount of protection if you use fillers.

Notes:
Fillers are marked at the top so that they're easily identified inside other walls. Texture may change on you during construction. This is normal. Once you've properly surrounded filler with other walls adjacent to them, these marks should form into dots.

Fillers should be balanced as is, but changes may be made if needed in future updates.

Author
Jibbles

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cudnx42r5aossng/Natural%20Walls.zip?dl=0

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1081403147&searchtext=
How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Chais

Could you make stone walls simply require a chunk of the respective stone? Normally I have other things I need steel for.

Heni

The raiders can attack those walls? Will be nice if this is as the normal mountains that they dont attack ^_^

SpaceDorf

Sappers and Insectoids don't care if its natural or built ..
Insectoids dig randomly and sappers decide for a path and dig from there ..

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Jibbles

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 06, 2017, 07:33:06 AM
Sappers and Insectoids don't care if its natural or built ..
Insectoids dig randomly and sappers decide for a path and dig from there ..

So true  :D

Quote from: Chais on August 06, 2017, 04:46:39 AM
Could you make stone walls simply require a chunk of the respective stone? Normally I have other things I need steel for.

Sorry if I misunderstood, but are you aware that you can build these walls with stones and not just steel by right clicking?

Chais

Quote from: Jibbles on August 06, 2017, 06:17:26 PM
Sorry if I misunderstood, but are you aware that you can build these walls with stones and not just steel by right clicking?
Yes, but then I need to invest the time to make stones from chunks. I'd like to be able to just turn chunks back into the respective wall. Of course that would turn it back into a vanilla natural wall, which means I can lose the material should I choose to mine it anew.

Jibbles

I'm pretty busy with some other mods at the moment. You can edit the def to where it accepts stone chunks. You could probably get your chunks back too with the leaveResourcesWhenKilled tag if something should happen to your wall.

You may run out of chunks quickly though for walls since it's one item. I'm not sure if Mining for stone chunks would be any more efficient than making stones.

roostergod

i see that the steam version has been updated to b18, please change the dropbox to b18 too.