[A17] Autarky 1.8.1

Started by Chais, July 19, 2017, 03:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chais

Autarky
Are you sick of waiting for the trader that never comes? Or didn't he have any Neutroamine and now you're stuck with herbal medicine? Couldn't get any Luciferium for your bionically improved brawler?

This mod makes Boomalopes and Boomrats more than just walking bombs and nuisances. They produce volatile chemicals that can be used to synthesize Neutroamine. Through extensive research you can find a way to create mechanites. With them you will finally be able to create Luciferium and glitterworld medicine. You will have to build quite a production line to get your hands on the devil's bargain, though.

Is your tribe getting tormented by pirates or other tribes? Send them your strongest or most expendable warriors (your choice, really) and infuse them with demonic power. They'll fight like they've never fought before. Don't expect them to return, though.

Caution
Volatile chemicals should be treated carefully. Leaving them unroofed for too long will corrode the canisters and the mixture might self-ignite.
When stored at too high temperatures the reactive cocktail may build up pressure or eat through the canister and self-ignite. Be wary of heat-waves.

Getting started
To get on your own feet just tame yourself some boomrats and/or boomalopes. Your handler can milk them for the cocktail of chemicals that makes them explode when they die. So be careful with that stuff.
At the drug lab you can synthesise neutroamine from volatile chemicals.

Everything else should become clear with the research projects the mod adds.

Facts
Additions:

• Devil's Dust
  • Volatile Chemicals
  • Mechanites
  • Mechanites Workstation

Research:

• Ambrosia
  • Devil's Dust extraction
  • Telescope
  • Mechanites Workstation
  • Flatscreen Television
  • Megascreen Television
  • Glitterworld medicien production
  • Luciferium production

Recipes:

• 5 devilstrand + 2 volatile chemicals = 1 devil's dust
  • 20 volatile chemicals = 1 neutroamine
  • 5 plasteel + 25 silver + 2 components = 20 mechanites
  • 1 devil's dust + 1 wakeup + 1 flake + 1 yayo + 1 gojuice + 1 penoxycyline + 1 medicine + 5 mechanites = 1 luciferium
  • 2 medicine + 5 mechanites = 1 glitterworld medicine
  • 100 steel + 10 components = 1 flatscreen TV
  • 120 steel + 12 components = 1 megascreen TV
  • 80 steel + 10 components = 1 telescope

Modifications:

• Tame, adult boomalopes produce 100 units of volatile chemicals in 5 days
  • Tame, adult boomrats produce 10 units of volatile chemicals per day

Incompatibilities:

• Combat Extended

Steam Workshop
GitHub

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Chais

Small bugfix release fixing devil's dust healing its own hediff.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

SpaceDorf

I will try this, your mod sounds more balanced than the other BoomCritter Harves Mod ( Neutroglycerine Neutroamine Harvesting .. )

But it has one feature I would like you to add.
Making Chemfuel out of chemicals ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

PotatoeTater

Way to go dude!

I love your production trees, although Luciferium might need some rework as all the drugs mixed doesn't seem to be something that leads to it.

Otherwise, everything else you've done is great. A+ for the hard work and good use of programing. Keep it up!
Life is Strange

SpaceDorf

Quote1 devil's dust + 1 wakeup + 1 flake + 1 yayo + 1 gojuice + 1 penoxycyline + 1 medicine + 5 mechanites = 1 luciferium

How about this :
1 devil's dust + 1 wakeup + 1 flake + 1 yayo + 1 gojuice + 1 penoxycyline + 1 medicine + 1 gold + 5 berries + 2 beer
= 1 pangalactic gargle blaster.

But I have to admit too, that I prefer the Luciferium Production of the other mod, that uses extracted mechanoid oil as a base to produce Luciferium .. which is a lot harder and more sinister to come by. Therefore more fitting :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Chais

The idea with all drugs + devil's dust + medicine = Luciferium was that devil's dust alone sends the body into an angry overdrive it can only handle for a limited time. The drugs all have some of those effects, but in a less potent form and the meds help mediate the effect. The mechanites were added later as per suggestion of the chat, for balance. I like the idea of using the mostly harmful drugs for production, as in vanilla they have little value other than the monetary one. There are the mood buffs but they are heavily countered by tolerances, high addictivity and heavy mood debuffs for withdrawal. Otherwise you mostly try to keep your chemical fascination/interest pawns away from them. With this recipe you're forced to get into small to medium scale drug production while carefully keeping your (potential) addicts out.
With that in mind, I'm open for suggestions to improve the recipe in regards to balance and/or lore.

As for chemfuel production, I doubt I'm gonna include that. The main point of this mod is to make items accessible that would otherwise rely solely on RNG. Chemfuel doesn't. The process may be tedious and resource intensive, but it exists and it is reliable. I don't want Autarky to be a QoL mod in the sense that it gives easier access to things that are already reliably accessible.

Chais

Update to 1.8.0. Adds access to flatscreen and megascreen televisions, telescopes and ambrosia. As always, I'm happy about balancing feedback.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Chais

Update to 1.8.1.
Fixes flatscreen/megascreen TV and telescope building instantly. Reduces required growing level for Ambrosia to 16.
File attached to OP. And as always also via GitHub and Steam.

eskoONE

seems like your mod does interference with combat extended for some reason. im posting this here, since this is not stated in ur initial post. maybe you should add a disclaimer for it.

XML error: Duplicate XML node name comps in this XML block: <ThingDef ParentName="AnimalThingBase"><defName>Boomrat</defName><label>boomrat</label><description>Either by deliberate genetic weaponization, or as an unusual defense mechanism, these rodent-like creatures create a powerful fire-starting explosion when killed.</description><statBases><MoveSpeed>3.0</MoveSpeed><MeleeDodgeChance>0.2</MeleeDodgeChance><MeleeCritChance>0.01</MeleeCritChance><ComfyTemperatureMin>-30</ComfyTemperatureMin><MarketValue>130</MarketValue></statBases><verbs><li Class="CombatExtended.VerbPropertiesCE"><verbClass>CombatExtended.Verb_MeleeAttackCE</verbClass><defaultCooldownTime>1.65</defaultCooldownTime><meleeDamageBaseAmount>3</meleeDamageBaseAmount><meleeDamageDef>Scratch</meleeDamageDef><linkedBodyPartsGroup>FrontLeftPaw</linkedBodyPartsGroup><meleeArmorPenetration>0.03</meleeArmorPenetration></li><li Class="CombatExtended.VerbPropertiesCE"><verbClass>CombatExtended.Verb_MeleeAttackCE</verbClass><defaultCooldownTime>1.65</defaultCooldownTime><meleeDamageBaseAmount>3</meleeDamageBaseAmount><meleeDamageDef>Scratch</meleeDamageDef><linkedBodyPartsGroup>FrontRightPaw</linkedBodyPartsGroup><meleeArmorPenetration>0.03</meleeArmorPenetration></li><li Class="CombatExtended.VerbPropertiesCE"><verbClass>CombatExtended.Verb_MeleeAttackCE</verbClass><defaultCooldownTime>1.65</defaultCooldownTime><meleeDamageBaseAmount>4</meleeDamageBaseAmount><meleeDamageDef>Bite</meleeDamageDef><linkedBodyPartsGroup>Teeth</linkedBodyPartsGroup><meleeArmorPenetration>0.05</meleeArmorPenetration></li></verbs><race><body>QuadrupedAnimalWithPaws</body><deathActionWorkerClass>DeathActionWorker_SmallExplosion</deathActionWorkerClass><baseBodySize>0.2</baseBodySize><baseHungerRate>0.35</baseHungerRate><baseHealthScale>0.2</baseHealthScale><foodType>OmnivoreRoughAnimal</foodType><leatherColor>(115,37,28)</leatherColor><leatherInsulation>0.7</leatherInsulation><executionRange>4</executionRange><wildness>0.75</wildness><mateMtbHours>8</mateMtbHours><nuzzleMtbHours>120</nuzzleMtbHours><canBePredatorPrey>false</canBePredatorPrey><gestationPeriodDays>12.5</gestationPeriodDays><litterSizeCurve><points><li>(0.5, 0)</li><li>(1, 1)</li><li>(5, 1)</li><li>(5.5, 0)</li></points></litterSizeCurve><lifeExpectancy>8</lifeExpectancy><lifeStageAges><li><def>AnimalBaby</def><minAge>0</minAge></li><li><def>AnimalJuvenile</def><minAge>0.1</minAge></li><li><def>Autarky_AnimalAdult</def><minAge>0.35</minAge><soundWounded>Pawn_Boomrat_Wounded</soundWounded><soundDeath>Pawn_Boomrat_Death</soundDeath><soundCall>Pawn_Boomrat_Call</soundCall><soundAngry>Pawn_Boomrat_Angry</soundAngry></li></lifeStageAges><soundMeleeHitPawn>Pawn_Melee_SmallScratch_HitPawn</soundMeleeHitPawn><soundMeleeHitBuilding>Pawn_Melee_SmallScratch_HitBuilding</soundMeleeHitBuilding><soundMeleeMiss>Pawn_Melee_SmallScratch_Miss</soundMeleeMiss></race><tradeTags><li>StandardAnimal</li><li>BadassAnimal</li></tradeTags><modExtensions><li Class="CombatExtended.RacePropertiesExtensionCE"><bodyShape>QuadrupedLow</bodyShape></li></modExtensions><comps><li Class="CombatExtended.CompProperties_ShearableRenameable"><compClass>CombatExtended.CompShearableRenameable</compClass><growthLabel>Chemical fullness</growthLabel><shearIntervalDays>5</shearIntervalDays><woolAmount>1</woolAmount><woolDef>FSX</woolDef></li></comps><comps><li Class="Autarky.CompProperties_Harvestable"><resourceDef>Autarky_VolatileChemicals</resourceDef><harvestIntervalDays>1</harvestIntervalDays><resourceAmount>10</resourceAmount><harvestFemaleOnly>false</harvestFemaleOnly><fullnessKey>Autarky_chemicalsFullness</fullnessKey></li></comps></ThingDef>
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.XmlInheritance:CheckForDuplicateNodes(XmlNode)
Verse.XmlInheritance:ResolveXmlNodeFor(XmlInheritanceNode)
Verse.XmlInheritance:ResolveXmlNodesRecursively(XmlInheritanceNode)
Verse.XmlInheritance:ResolveXmlNodes()
Verse.XmlInheritance:Resolve()
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs(IEnumerable`1)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__84E()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

there was a second error realated to it, but forgot to copy that one too. can provide it, when its necessary.

Chais

Likely because CE adds its own resource to Boomalopes/Boomrats. I'll have to think about how to best resolve this. For Now I'll just add a note of incompatibility. Thanks for the notification.

Canute

At Rainbeau's Fertile Fields, there is a check if Vegetable garden is active or not, and change the recipes based on this.
Maybe you can do something similar.
When CE is active you only use the resources CE get out of boomanimals.
No CE, you add your own milking resource.

Chais

And CE add its own shearable comp. the thing about using CE's resource is that it likely is balanced differently.

Lexmechanic

Quote from: Chais on July 31, 2017, 11:42:34 AM
With that in mind, I'm open for suggestions to improve the recipe in regards to balance and/or lore.
Personally, I'd rather have 2-3 of only a few drugs going into it rather than one of everything. Otherwise you get cluttered job bills and stockpiles which... bother me, perhaps irrationally. How about this:

1 devil's dust + 2 wakeup + 2 yayo + 2 gojuice + 1 medicine + 5 mechanites = 1 luciferium

Since yayo is basically a more potent version of flake - with the same effects, only more powerful and addictive - it doesn't make much sense in terms of lore to use both. Penoxycycline is only for staving off disease, so I'm not seeing how it helps to moderate the effects of the other drugs. Requiring a little more of the remaining drugs would perhaps keep the work and monetary cost from dipping too much.

FosterKicks

Can I use this mod in an existing game?

Chais

Sure, that's no problem. Just removing also removes any items it adds.