[A17] Miniaturisation Overloaded

Started by notfood, August 03, 2016, 09:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: BTAxis on December 19, 2017, 12:27:27 PM
No, I mean, you'd try to put down a door, and it'd install a bed instead because there's one in a stockpile somewhere. You wouldn't get what you wanted.

Ah, got you now!

SpaceDorf

That actually fits the placement of things ..

so maybe if I remove furniture from storage it could work, but that defeats the purpose of the mod  ;D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

BTAxis

Like I said, I switched to the master branch and so far so good.

Bandits did steal my geothermal generator because it can be minified though.
"The megasloth ducked behind the nearest piece of cover"

Nightinggale

Quote from: BTAxis on December 19, 2017, 12:33:53 PMBandits did steal my geothermal generator because it can be minified though.
That's the problem with being able to minifying stuff. One of Barky's mod showcases or modded playthroughs with minify everything shows raiders detecting that his super durable wall of modded materials happened to be very valuable and they started to steal the wall, leaving holes for the other raiders to get inside  ;D

It would be nice if we can add a bool, which can be set to prevent minification when there are enemies on the map. This way you can move the items while at peace, but at the same time raiders will not steal them. You can't move them out of harms way during a raid though, which is ok for game balance.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

BTAxis

Well it DOES have a menu for excluding stuff from being minified (in the HugsLib mod settings). I added some stuff to the list, including walls and graves, because, well, yeah.
"The megasloth ducked behind the nearest piece of cover"

SpaceDorf

I have not found that, that might be worth a shot.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

MechanoidHater

Anyone tried using this mod on B18?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: MechanoidHater on January 07, 2018, 03:07:47 PM

Didn't know there was a B18 version. I've been using Miniaturisation https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20619.0

EDIT: There's also Minify Everything http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=872762753

notfood

Please, switch to Minify Everything. It has an exclude option to remove the walls and stuff. This mod has been superseded, I can update it but unless someone is going to curate it's not good enough.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: notfood on January 07, 2018, 06:06:45 PM
Please, switch to Minify Everything. It has an exclude option to remove the walls and stuff. This mod has been superseded, I can update it but unless someone is going to curate it's not good enough.

Nice, thanks for the advice. I'm guessing it will give you a list of what to allow to minify vs what not to?

notfood

Ruisuki

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 07, 2018, 03:11:02 PM
Quote from: MechanoidHater on January 07, 2018, 03:07:47 PM

Didn't know there was a B18 version. I've been using Miniaturisation https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20619.0

EDIT: There's also Minify Everything http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=872762753
Is there any big difference between the two? From what I can tell miniturisation doesnt allow things like wind turbines(good imo) but minify gives you the option under mod settings? Not sure if this choice applies to everything or whether the former has the reinstall issue the latter does

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 20, 2018, 08:47:36 PM
Is there any big difference between the two? From what I can tell miniturisation doesnt allow things like wind turbines(good imo) but minify gives you the option under mod settings? Not sure if this choice applies to everything or whether the former has the reinstall issue the latter does

Use Minify Everything. Go through the mod options once, and put everything you don't want to be able to miniaturize into the column on the right. Some things will be on the list that aren't even selectable, such as terrain types from RF - Fertile Fields. I move them over anyway, but it really doesn't matter too much.

The only way I know of even being able to select terrain like that is after you minify a bridge like we talked about earlier maybe, or with RIMMSqol. Either way, I talked to Erdelf and told them, so there's a chance it will be changed soon, but it's not a big issue.

So far, I've had 0 issues from Minify Everything, and it's been exactly what I wanted.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 20, 2018, 11:31:31 PM
Quote from: Ruisuki on February 20, 2018, 08:47:36 PM

Use Minify Everything. Go through the mod options once, and put everything you don't want to be able to miniaturize into the column on the right. Some things will be on the list that aren't even selectable, such as terrain types from RF - Fertile Fields. I move them over anyway, but it really doesn't matter too much.

The only way I know of even being able to select terrain like that is after you minify a bridge like we talked about earlier maybe, or with RIMMSqol. Either way, I talked to Erdelf and told them, so there's a chance it will be changed soon, but it's not a big issue.

So far, I've had 0 issues from Minify Everything, and it's been exactly what I wanted.
Hmmm a few comments from the steam page worried me, namely:

Quote from: Hmmm... are you aware of an issue where wind turbines when uninstalled and the installed again nearby consider themselves to be "blocked by wind turbine" as they're still picking up the old placement?

QuoteCritical bug save-destructor:
Pods from vanilla or mod[Self-Launching Pods] are bugged in minify and replacement. There is an illussion of minified object near re-placed pod, untargetable.. Game not crashing, but all LOAD-caravan/pods menues are empty from this moment. Game cant load list of ur pawns/items. And and all new saves from that are unloadable.

But if youre vouching for it...I might try it out regardless. Author states its safe to uninstall