[Mod Request] - Longer stay in temporary map

Started by Jeimss, July 21, 2017, 08:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeimss

Hi Just asking if there is a mod that can tweak the timer for a longer stay on a temporary tile, like a lump of precious ressource, a bandit camp or a pirate base.

I think 24h or 48h is not enough to reform the caravan and I would like to exploit more the ressource on these temprary map.

Thanks!

Jeimss

Can you set a camp after you defeat a Pirate base on the same tile without quitting it?

SpaceDorf

Nope. You can't.

Quest Maps and Camp Maps are two totally different animals.

You can exploit camp maps for ressources, but it does nothing about the timer.
And moment like those .. when a simple cancel does not mean NO!, but removes my 8 combat vetarans and my dropship ..
I think to myself .. man this would suck, if I played Hardcore   ;D

Long Story longer,

I would like a "NOPE. NOT READY YET" - Button
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Debbonair

You actually can make a temporary map permanent by enabling multiple colonies in the option menu and then choosing the 'settle' button on the map hex before the caravan reforms. I was pretty heavily injured after taking down a item stash that was guarded by 3 pirates, 5 turrets, and an incendiary mortar so I didn't want to have to go back on caravan plus I didn't have enough capacity on my pack animals to take all I wanted and there was quite a bit of precious metal veins on the map so I tried the settle button to see if it would keep the same map and it did. I was planning on staying there a month or so and making several trips with stuff back to my main base then abandoning when I was done, but I ended up just keeping it as a secondary outpost with 2-4 people manning it permanently since it constantly got better animals than my main base map and was easy to support them on... Not to mention WAY better defended since I hadn't researched turrets, batteries, or solar power myself yet. lol

SpaceDorf

CannibarRechter

In case you were not aware, the Moddable tool enables you to mod the Raid duration. This is the map where you raid the enemy base, and have 24 hours to leave. You can multiply this by any factor you wish.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Debbonair

Sure. Kinda surprised that no one else knew/has said that before considering I was on 1st time playthrough when I found it. lol

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Debbonair on September 27, 2017, 01:41:31 PM
Sure. Kinda surprised that no one else knew/has said that before considering I was on 1st time playthrough when I found it. lol

That is actually not that surprising. You tried something, because you did not know better, what older players ignored because they thought it impossible.

Canute

Not to speak about that you can't settle/camp there again.
When you leave the map open then it spawn events there, or you destroy it and leave a ruin there.
Ok, these ruins are just a cosmetic issue.

SpaceDorf

Kori

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 24, 2017, 08:04:29 PM
I would like a "NOPE. NOT READY YET" - Button

I would like that, too!

I will try that workaround with the settle button, but this feature to simply postpone your departure would be great.