Pawns refuse to cook despite materials being accessible

Started by Walde, July 21, 2017, 08:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walde

After I exhausted all the meat I had in storage, I noticed that my pawns stopped cooking altogether even when there were plenty of potatoes available. The option to priorize cooking remained gray due to lack of resources, even though there were a big pile of potatoes standing right next to the kitchen. Removing the cooking bill and starting it again fixed the issue.

Save: https://www.file-upload.com/zy8sb7lvy4w0

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Calahan

I loaded your save file, and the Simple Meals bill you have ordered on your Electric Stove has forbidden the use of vegetables (see attached screenshot). Meaning they can't use the potatoes you have highlighted. When you set a new Simple Meals bill all vegetables ingredients are always enabled by default, which is why it then worked.

So I don't see a bug here, just user oversight. I've also moved this to mod bugs because you are using mods.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Walde

Quote from: Calahan on July 22, 2017, 04:57:18 AM
I loaded your save file, and the Simple Meals bill you have ordered on your Electric Stove has forbidden the use of vegetables (see attached screenshot). Meaning they can't use the potatoes you have highlighted. When you set a new Simple Meals bill all vegetables ingredients are always enabled by default, which is why it then worked.

So I don't see a bug here, just user oversight. I've also moved this to mod bugs because you are using mods.
Nice catch! I must have put the restriction in place during the first year of the save, when I had to resort to using them to feed my muffalos. Had totally forgot about it. Thanks!