[1.0] Prepare Landing (v0.9.2)

Started by neitsa, July 22, 2017, 01:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neitsa

Quote from: PixelBitZombie on July 23, 2017, 04:45:23 AM
Rimworld keeps crashing every time with this mod as soon as I try to generate a the world.

Too bad, I'm really sorry :( Time for a bug report.

PixelBitZombie: your mod list and your output log should be enough I think. Thank you for your feedback!

Oblitus

Quote from: neitsa on July 23, 2017, 04:35:56 AM
Quote from: Oblitus on July 22, 2017, 07:07:51 PM
Can you add "only two stone types" filter? My OCD forbids me to make my base look like a tartan.
You mean something like "filter only tiles with only two stone types, whatever they are?", right?
Yep.

Sixdd

I'm getting an error telling me to check the World Info tab, it says it is failing on filtering growing periods with 0 results. Thing is I didn't set any settings for growing period, I tried setting it to 5-days/min and Year-round/max and it still said there were 0 matches. And so we are clear this isn't an ice world or anything like that.

The world seed is "valley", rainfall +1 and temperature -1, 50%. Just in case you need that.

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: neitsa on July 23, 2017, 04:50:52 AM
Rimworld keeps crashing every time with this mod as soon as I try to generate a the world.

PixelBitZombie: your mod list and your output log should be enough I think. Thank you for your feedback!

Fixed, sorry for the quick panic bud! Apparently if you keep dupe folders within RimWorld, in my case I modified Legs! and kept some dupe folders in the main folder in case of failure. RimWorld attempts to run them and I had no idea. It's now running.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

neitsa

Quote from: Sixdd on July 23, 2017, 05:10:18 AM
I'm getting an error telling me to check the World Info tab, it says it is failing on filtering growing periods with 0 results. Thing is I didn't set any settings for growing period, I tried setting it to 5-days/min and Year-round/max and it still said there were 0 matches. And so we are clear this isn't an ice world or anything like that.

The world seed is "valley", rainfall +1 and temperature -1, 50%. Just in case you need that.

Thank you for your bug report Sixdd. I can't repro on my side. Can you tell me exactly which filters are you applying when the bug shows up?

Quote from: PixelBitZombie on July 23, 2017, 05:15:15 AM
Quote from: neitsa on July 23, 2017, 04:50:52 AM

Fixed, sorry for the quick panic bud! Apparently if you keep dupe folders within RimWorld, in my case I modified Legs! and kept some dupe folders in the main folder in case of failure. RimWorld attempts to run them and I had no idea. It's now running.

No problems :) Thank you for trying it!

Sixdd

Well oddly enough I can't seem to reproduce the error now, though I did notice that if you have several filter operations run the World Info tab output box doesn't extend down, the scrollbar works but the text area is too short/doesn't grow.

AngleWyrm

I'm getting an odd visual occurrence that appears to be some sort of resizing tint disc associated with moving the mouse, applied to filtered hexes.

Is it, like, groovy man, or a beta of a range calculator, or just a fluke of mod interactions?
And is there a check-box to turn it off?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

neitsa

Quote from: AngleWyrm on July 23, 2017, 06:28:36 PM

I'm getting an odd visual occurrence that appears to be some sort of resizing tint disc associated with moving the mouse, applied to filtered hexes.

Is it, like, groovy man, or a beta of a range calculator, or just a fluke of mod interactions?
And is there a check-box to turn it off?

Hi AngleWyrm ! I've never experienced any visual artifacts with the tile highlighting :|

As of now you can disable the tile "blinking" in the options tab but not the tile highlighting altogether (which makes me think it would be a good idea to add this option).

Right now I have no idea about the root cause of the problem. :( I have a few questions that could potentially help to narrow down the root cause:

* By any chance do you think you could screenshot the problem?

* Does it always happens or just intermittently? (I'm thinking about an FPS drop)

* Could you try to disable the tile blinking at first and tell me if you still experience the same problem?

* Does it happen even on very small world maps? (like 5% coverage in dev mode and you pick only the temperate forest biome filter)

* Do you know if the problem also happens in the same way while you are in-game? (When colonists have already pod landed and you click on the "World" button in the bottom button bar.)

Thank you for your feedback, I hope we'll be able to find the problem cause!

neitsa

What's new?

Release v0.4 is out. What's new since the previous version (v0.3.1):

• Main feature of this version: Ability to load & save filters and options.
  • Added a new filter: filter on two or three type of stones (whatever they are).
  • Added an option to disable tile highlighting altogether.
  • Add a sound when clicking on the "Coastal Tile" filter.
  • Fix the filter logging text box which doesn't grow.
  • Fix misleading error messages.
  • Fix the "reset filters" which didn't reset properly all filters.
  • Added a steam release (see first post)

More details in the changelog on Github.

Oblitus

Having mods which add more stone types is breaking the layout.

Also, suggestion: do not reset filters when returning from map to map generation settings. It is probably because a picky player found nothing fitting and want to make a new map.

neitsa

Quote from: Oblitus on August 01, 2017, 07:11:27 PM
Having mods which add more stone types is breaking the layout.

Also, suggestion: do not reset filters when returning from map to map generation settings. It is probably because a picky player found nothing fitting and want to make a new map.

Thank you very much Oblitus for your bug report! Yep, the layout problem is a real showstopper :(

About the filters reset, It's a good idea. I'll try to remove that reset and keep the same filters on new maps.

Thanks!

neitsa

v0.4.3 is out, it's mostly a bug fix release.

Thanks to Oblitus here for the bug report (fixed) and the feature request (implemented).

# General

# Version 0.4.3
**Released August 03, 2017**
**`RimWorld Version: Alpha 17b`**

What's New?
===========

* Still building upon [v0.4 release](https://github.com/neitsa/PrepareLanding/releases/tag/v0.4).
* Fix a GUI layout problem when more than 5 stone types are present (issue #6).
* Fix a problem when loading a preset where some states were not correctly set (issue #7).
* From now on, the filters are **not** reset to their default state when going to a new world (they keep their previous state). (issue #9)

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

* Having more stone types than the vanilla game breaks the GUI layout. [issue #6: request by Oblitus]
    - tested & fixed using Cupro's Stones mod.
* Animals can graze now filter problem [issue #7: request by QuakeIV, Ozymandias]
    - the code used the default state of the MultiCheckState enum, which is ON by default...
* Do not reset filters when returning from map to map generation settings [issue #9: request by Oblitus]

Future Plans
============

* Check if possible to actually set the tile properties according to user choices [issue #8]
* Add filtering on most / least (max / min) tile features [issue #10]
* Rework the tile highlighter [issue #11]
* Add world map overlays for various features (temperature, rainfall, etc.) [issue #12]

Many thanks for all users for their encouragements, feature requests and bug reports!

You might post issues, comments, discuss future plans and feature requests on github issue tracker or here on this forum thread.

faltonico

Looks lie it wont search if you set it to "any biome" ?

neitsa

Quote from: faltonico on August 19, 2017, 09:23:41 AM

Do you have more information about your problem? I can't repro.

e.g. "Any biome" selected (default) and for example if I select "Coastal Tile", it does work as intended (coastal tiles in all biomes are selected).

faltonico

Quote from: neitsa on August 19, 2017, 01:12:24 PM
Quote from: faltonico on August 19, 2017, 09:23:41 AM

Do you have more information about your problem? I can't repro.

e.g. "Any biome" selected (default) and for example if I select "Coastal Tile", it does work as intended (coastal tiles in all biomes are selected).
Don't mind me. Looks like if there is too much to filter, it wont do anything, so i just have to be more specific.
For instance filtering a coastal tile with 2 kinds of rocks and a mountainous terrain can't be set to any biome, i have to choose one.