Food Policy

Started by Penguinmanereikel, July 22, 2017, 07:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penguinmanereikel

Could we have a food policy system so that our people stop eating raw meat and wait for the food to get cooked, which it would have been if they had just waited for like a second!

NeverEvil

Support should be in the base game

SpaceDorf

Everytime yes again,
also food types for animals ...
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Penguinmanereikel

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 31, 2017, 04:47:09 PM
Everytime yes again,
I am not sure if direct control of animals would be balanced. It's smarter to just have the current system of having Kibble placed in their zones.

Crow_T

A UI similar to the medicine one would be awesome for food, one could control food for prisoners, animal training, etc.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Vlad0mi3r

If it could be added to the apparel option tab when setting up your restrictions for your colonists that would be handy.

So you could check regular meals for inventory and they can leave the good stuff in the fridge.

Also definitely food type for prisoners "kibble for you old mate".
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Penguinmanereikel on August 07, 2017, 04:52:27 PM
Everytime yes again,
I am not sure if direct control of animals would be balanced. It's smarter to just have the current system of having Kibble placed in their zones.

But how about not feeding lavish meals to starving chicklets ?

asanbr

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 08, 2017, 04:00:35 AM
Quote from: Penguinmanereikel on August 07, 2017, 04:52:27 PM
Everytime yes again,

But how about not feeding lavish meals to starving chicklets ?

Related

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34833.0

PatrykSzczescie

Everytime yes again,

Also food policy for prisoners.

Yeah it's kind of sick that you can't pick the worst food to tame/train/feed animals and you can't choose which meal you can serve to prisoners unless you do this manually by forbidding certain types of food in the certain moment.

SpaceDorf

After years of playing Rimworld, I never thought about this small Checkbox ..

combined with a storage zone ...

Zalzany

You can toggle off gets food for prisonors like some one said they eat out of stockpiles in the room, you strip them naked and make stock piles for say tribal clothes they put them on that is your new prison uniform now just have it set to craft till you got x amount and then make that priority drop for them, and make it tiny so it only holds one whatever amount of beds you got in that cell.

As far as animals make a barn like structure, put stock pile in mark what food you want for it, make animal zone for it, send animals there bamn they only eat hay and kibble or corpses what ever you put in there for them. I do corpse storage behind my barn in the animal zone so carnivores will eat that, and then a stockpile of hay for the rest.  As far as normal pawns are concerned they eat the nice stuff first not last so permciem or however you spell it is almost dead last UNLESS its got human meat in it and you got cannibals then they will eat that before a lavish meal every time as far as I know. There is really no way to force them to eat your trash first, but you can force them to serve prisoners paste, or their friends meat in meal form if you want be mean. But they will eat raw rice over survival meals which yet again is nice since latter those for convoys not every day use so I like that they let those sit for when I need to leave the base.

SpaceDorf

If you want to feed Paste to your prisoners build a dispenser in the prison and they get it by themselves.

The Problem are  Sick or Unconscious Pawns that get fed by a Medic.
In this case the Medic uses the best available food.

PatrykSzczescie

This still doesn't solve feeding animals and when the food rots in prison unless you make it a fridge, but then prisoners complain about the cold in general and during a sleep.

SpaceDorf

or if you have not enough food, or forget to haul .. or or .. yeap :)

tonsrd