8 brief suggestions for the long term

Started by Panacea, July 22, 2017, 11:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panacea

Ok I've tried my level best to check to see if any of my suggestions are old news.  Here's what I have that I couldn't find.  I guess this makes 7 suggestions then. lol

1. a method to eventually allow colonists to carry more when hauling. i.e. muffalo cart, wheelbarrow etc.
3. More in depth history tab.  It would be nice to be able to see a log of all the crazy sh** that happens to my poor colonists and what they've survived through.  The storyteller AI is awsome and I'd like to see the story of my colony displayed somewhere to show friends.
4. More clear logging of the social interactions between people.  Sometimes fights start and I have no idea why or what preceeded it, such as when my faction and another that was visiting started fighting.  No social interactions were mentioned, I have to assume someone accidentally shot someone else while hunting but I don't know and would like a way to check.  (did I mention the AI storyteller thing gives me great joy?)
5. The positioning format for combat is a little unwieldy.  Either select everyone and have them clump together and shoot each other more than enemies, or spend a lot of time positioning each person (or a couple people with the shift key, I was proud when I discovered that!) individually to keep them out of each others way.  I don't know what you could do to make this more managable, but I thought I would bring it up.  Select anymore than 2 ppl and someone always takes friendly fire.
6. A method to forbid doors or items per the individual.
7. Wall lights/torches (i hate that everything sits on the damn floor! lol)
8. Action queue, kinda like sims has, or maybe the ability to kp a bunch of things then have the colonist grab them all in succession by prioritizing the whole job instead of prioritizing 1 square, wait until they get the stuff to where its going, then prioritize another. (I hope it makes sense how I typed that.)

(I understand if any of these would be nuts to add in.  I admit I have no idea what it takes to make a game or how hard or simple any of this would be. So take my suggestions with a grain of salt please.)
Anyone who takes what I say personally is a f$%@ing idiot.

Jorlem

For number five, I think having a few preset formations would be very helpful.  Even just being able to order colonists to all line up single file as an alternative to clumping around the point you click would work.

Crow_T

One thing that really messes me up with the shift select- I'm used to every other program that used shift click to grab the entire group between 2 clicked items, and ctrl-click to select things individually. I always end up with only one pawn selected because I ctrl-click out of habit.

I'd love to see combat be better though, like when a group is selected you have the option to have them spread out or seek cover as opposed to clumping. Maybe include the zoning system for combat, the pawns arrange into a zone behind the best cover, heck you could even designate combat types in each zone.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

asanbr