Crash on load-Steam/Mac version

Started by 8947jts, July 23, 2017, 01:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

8947jts

I tried to boot up Rimworld today after not playing it for 2 months, and other than subscribing to a bunch of mods on Steam beforehand (which shouldn't have activated themselves) I made no changes, but the game just crashes, at most, when it reaches the 'Initialising' stage. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and deleting all the files but it still doesn't work. I can't find the Rimworld output logs anywhere that is suggested here, so I just copy pasted the log from the mac crash reporter into a txt file.

Edit: After unsubscribing from all mods and subscribing back to a few, it works sporadically. Would still like to know what was going on with that crash.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

milon

I'm not a Mac user, so I won't be terribly helpful, but I did notice this:
Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000000000002f

Looks like something attempted to access a protected or invalid memory address, but I could be wrong about that.  The other thing I noticed was that you're using an NVIDIA graphics card.  Make sure the drivers are up to date, and if it has the notorious Screen Share feature, please disable that.  It's caused a LOT of grief for Unity games (like RimWorld).