[1.3] Animals Logic 🐾

Started by Oblitus, July 24, 2017, 10:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

faltonico

Animal logic is not working for me =#
When enabled the game starts but it doesn't go the main page, instead it goes black indefinitely.
Only Core, HugLibs and the mod enabled. Fresh install of the game too.

Output log attached.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Oblitus

Quote from: faltonico on July 26, 2017, 11:26:25 PM
Animal logic is not working for me =#
When enabled the game starts but it doesn't go the main page, instead it goes black indefinitely.
Only Core, HugLibs and the mod enabled. Fresh install of the game too.

Output log attached.
Your version of the game is RimWorld 0.17.1557 rev1146
Get the last version of the RimWorld 0.17.1557 rev1153
I'm patching compiler-generated method there, and it would only work on the specific build. Updated version should work fine.

Quote from: Soupy Delicious on July 26, 2017, 10:06:56 PM
Nice mods man. I rolled my eyes when I first saw it, imagining another mod claiming quality of life when it really meant 'make game easy'. I have a question: if I wanted to only take the 'snow tile movement' change out of the first 'module', would it be reasonably easy to enact?
Without settlement modifiers? Easy, but would either require introducing config or making a separate version. Or you can compile it yourself. Just make GetSettlementMoveModifier always return 1f.

Oblitus

Updated Animals Logic. Should work on other game revisions now.

faltonico

Quote from: Oblitus on July 27, 2017, 01:50:44 AM
Your version of the game is RimWorld 0.17.1557 rev1146
Get the last version of the RimWorld 0.17.1557 rev1153
I'm patching compiler-generated method there, and it would only work on the specific build. Updated version should work fine.
Never knew about those revisions till now. I downloaded again the link sent to me when i knew of the "b" update. And there is the "This is the latest version" watermark on the top left corner, so i never bothered to get that revision Dx

Quote from: Oblitus on July 27, 2017, 02:29:50 AM
Updated Animals Logic. Should work on other game revisions now.

Thanks for the quick update!

Soupy Delicious

hey Oblitus. Im stoopid.  I mean to ask whether I could simply extract the changes made to snow tile movements that you made out of that first module and use them only.  Also the chicken laying module attracts me. I'll of course compile this myself, I just wanted to know what I'd be in for and perhaps a pointer! :)

A question about the movement in wintery tiles on the world map: I've not experienced the problem of moving through tiles at snow-speed yet, so perhaps you could answer whether you think that the vanilla implementation has some kind of subtler sense behind it being that way, or do you think it's just a case of an oversight/alpha problem on Tynans part.

I mean, if it's as you say it is (all year round movement as if it was snowing) then I'd say you have fixed a definite problem. Just wanna be sure, you know?

Oblitus

Quote from: Soupy Delicious on July 27, 2017, 02:51:19 AM
hey Oblitus. Im stoopid.  I mean to ask whether I could simply extract the changes made to snow tile movements that you made out of that first module and use them only.  Also the chicken laying module attracts me. I'll of course compile this myself, I just wanted to know what I'd be in for and perhaps a pointer! :)

A question about the movement in wintery tiles on the world map: I've not experienced the problem of moving through tiles at snow-speed yet, so perhaps you could answer whether you think that the vanilla implementation has some kind of subtler sense behind it being that way, or do you think it's just a case of an oversight/alpha problem on Tynans part.

I mean, if it's as you say it is (all year round movement as if it was snowing) then I'd say you have fixed a definite problem. Just wanna be sure, you know?
Well, it kinda makes no sense to have snow penalty on a tile which should not have any snow due to temperature. So I for me this as a certain oversight.

drakulux

Heyo, does your lay eggs in nest mod work for mods that add chicken nests?

Oblitus

Quote from: drakulux on July 27, 2017, 12:37:37 PM
Heyo, does your lay eggs in nest mod work for mods that add chicken nests?
It uses vanilla function which searches a valid bed. So it should.

drakulux

faltonico

I downloaded yet again the link from sendowl, it was the same i have now, ¿is it that revision 1153 is for steam users only? why??

Oblitus

Quote from: faltonico on July 28, 2017, 01:38:48 AM
I downloaded yet again the link from sendowl, it was the same i have now, ¿is it that revision 1153 is for steam users only? why??
Probably because steam release has its own stuff like workshop intergation.

RemingtonRyder

Hey there!

I'm not sure if it's Logistics or Animal Logic, but with the mods installed the game freezes up at the transition from 23h to 0h, then goes back to normal.

Oblitus

Quote from: MarvinKosh on July 30, 2017, 06:03:13 AM
Hey there!

I'm not sure if it's Logistics or Animal Logic, but with the mods installed the game freezes up at the transition from 23h to 0h, then goes back to normal.
I'm 100% sure it's not Animal Logic, it has nothing which can cause such thing. Logistics... Maybe, especially with many faction mods. It makes pathfinding on the global map more resource-heavy due to how faction base handling is done. If there is some daily task which invokes global map pathfinding, it can cause a problem.

Try attached assembly - I've cut out non-friendly settlement modifier and modifiers for adjacent tiles. It should drastically reduce overhead.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Soupy Delicious

If I downloaded that, would it give me what I want, too?  Are they the only things logistics change except for the snow-movement?

Oblitus

Quote from: Soupy Delicious on July 30, 2017, 01:34:54 PM
If I downloaded that, would it give me what I want, too?  Are they the only things logistics change except for the snow-movement?
Em... Not sure what do you mean. Logistics have:
— No winter penalty when it is not cold enough
— No winter/terrain penalty on player-controlled tiles, ever
— No winter/terrain penalty on tiles controlled by friendly faction, ever
— Reduced penalty on tiles with hostile faction bases
— Reduced penalty on tiles directly ajacent to tiles with any bases
Last two are probably causing large pathfinding overhead due to how settlements are handled by game (they are not linked to the map tiles) and I've cut them out in test build.