[1.3] Animals Logic 🐾

Started by Oblitus, July 24, 2017, 10:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

Yeah, I think you're on the money with the non-friendly settlement thing, because I started a 50% coverage world which has high rainfall, and as you might expect there's a lot of settlements generally.

I'll give the new assembly a try. Thanks. :)

Edit: Testing the new assembly, it cuts down the pause to a mere hiccup, so it definitely did something. :)

Oblitus

Quote from: MarvinKosh on July 30, 2017, 02:04:35 PM
Yeah, I think you're on the money with the non-friendly settlement thing, because I started a 50% coverage world which has high rainfall, and as you might expect there's a lot of settlements generally.

I'll give the new assembly a try. Thanks. :)

Edit: Testing the new assembly, it cuts down the pause to a mere hiccup, so it definitely did something. :)
I'm quite sure that hiccup is vanilla stuff. Try without the mod (it is safe to disable).

SpaceDorf

Same for me, the new Dll sped up the game quite a bit.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Oblitus

Okay, I've done some code refactoring (read: moved checks for impassable tiles before heavy stuff... I'm sure I did it that way for a reason, but have no idea what reason), and it should work smoothly now. Updated release.

Brave souls can also try new Animals Logic assembly, which should make animals less passive when someone is attacking them in melee (Are you tired that your wargs are not fighting back when some tribal is decided that he came to to kill your animals? I am.), but that stuff is very difficult to test.

Oblitus

More animals logic!
— Now you can assign animal beds to animals, so you can make your favorite pet elephant always be with you!
— You can assign animal beds to be medical, so you won't have to operate your pets in a dirty barn, where other animals are continually nuzzling you, breaking your concentration!
— Animals are less passive when attacked in a melee. Since their awareness (or more like lack of one, TBH, can be fixed, but would probably be too CPU-expensive) would not let them flee until it's too late, they would at least try to fight more often.

Note: those are kinda experimental.

Lay Right Here mod is kinda related to this, but my implementation is totally different.

SpaceDorf

Why do bravery and insanity live so close to each other ?

I tried the new .dll and while assigning sleeping spot worked really good.
The new animal behavior has my system stuttering and waiting like nothing else :(

Oblitus

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 03, 2017, 02:44:03 PM
Why do bravery and insanity live so close to each other ?

I tried the new .dll and while assigning sleeping spot worked really good.
The new animal behavior has my system stuttering and waiting like nothing else :(
Very strange. Are you sure it isn't something else? It should have little to no impact.

SpaceDorf

I am trying right now .. if loading was faster I could tell sooner :)

Oblitus

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 03, 2017, 04:03:26 PM
I am trying right now .. if loading was faster I could tell sooner :)
Note, I've also added some options to disable parts of the mod. Also, that part with bed assignment only should affect anything if you have medical/assigned beds (basically, all I've done is removal of checks which does not allow this, since all support alredy is in the game - bed behavior for humanlikes and animals is handled by the same code).

Simmin

omg I've always wanted to designate my pets to specific beds, no more muffalo sleeping in peoples bedrooms, only dogs

Oblitus

kaptain_kavern

J_Dawg_27

Weirdest thing, downloading v1.4 from Github and it had an incompatibility version error with my non-drm version.  Subscribed to the mod through Steam and copied it from there to my normal mod folder and it was happy.

Oblitus

Quote from: J_Dawg_27 on August 04, 2017, 05:03:34 PM
Weirdest thing, downloading v1.4 from Github and it had an incompatibility version error with my non-drm version.  Subscribed to the mod through Steam and copied it from there to my normal mod folder and it was happy.
They should be exactly the same. I'm creating Steam release by commiting my work directory to git and downloading it to another folder to get rid of VS junk. Are you sure you have the right folder structure? You need "AnimalsLogic" folder, not whole "RimworldMods".

rambo