[1.3] Animals Logic 🐾

Started by Oblitus, July 24, 2017, 10:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oblitus

Oblitus' stuff

Description:
Just some random stuff.

Carbon
Adds three new carbon-based materials that cover all major stuff categories (wood, metal, stone, fabric). Can be obtained by refining chemfuel. 600 points industrial level research after refining, uses refinery as crafting station.

Why yet another stuff mod:
* No new crafting stations (you only need Refinery), no overcomplicated production chain, single 600 points research.
* Will not replace mineable ores and deep resources. NPCs can use it sometimes, but you won't see much of it.
* Reasonable stats — it is a sound material, but not ultimately good, and mostly intended for construction.
* Versatility — it covers all general stuff categories.
* A sink to use tons of chemfuel you can find during deep drilling
* Chemfuel is a renewable, eco-friendly stuff you can produce from any plant matter - you'll never totally run out of it

Stuff:
* Carbon weave — textile stuff. Worse than devilstrand, but non-flammable and chemically inert (x2 hp multiplier, not flammable, x0.2 deterioration speed). Badass black color.
* Carbon composite — can be used both as wood and as metal. Not suitable for weapons (wood-like stats), but decent building material, on par with the stone in durability (x2 hp multiplier, not flammable, x0.2 deterioration speed). C-composite wall has 700 hp. Badass black color.
* Diamond — stony stuff. Cheap (relatively — it is expensive for raw resources category) and murky, synthetic diamond is still stuff that will last (x10 hp multiplier, not flammable, will not deteriorate). Diamond wall has 3500 hp. Serene sky blue color.

Also:
* Carbon conduit. 750 HP, not flammable, neutral beauty, has an underwater variant.
* Carbon tile with a signature chequered pattern.
* Balanced recipe to produce chemfuel from hay.

Pure XML mod. Safe to add to existing saves, but not to remove.

My Little Planet
Generate smaller worlds (configurable). More biome diversity around, somewhat better performance.

Harmony plug-in without detours. Safe to add to existing saves (for no effect), can be removed, but not recommended.

Animals Logic
Adds some logic to your animals.

Harmony patches without detours. Safe to add and remove without starting new game.

* Egg-layers will try to find a bed (or any other type of animal sleeping spots) in their allowed area to lay an egg. Unforbids eggs laid outside the home area.
* Animals who should follow master when doing fieldwork or drafted are notified to come immediately instead of after the end of the current task.
* Animals can own beds.
* Animal beds can be medical.
* Configurable animal hauling efficiency.
* Configurable tameness decay threshold.
* Configurable training decay speed.
* (Optional) Converts any ruined eggs into unfertilized chicken eggs.
* (Optional, default off) Converts any generic meat into chicken meat upon butchering.
* (Optional) Predators hunting your pawns (human-like or animals) will be considered hostile by all your pawns and turrets.
* (Optional) Prevents animals from eating random non-food stuff.

Download
GitHub - everything, including old versions and source code.

Steam Workshop:
Animals Logic
My Little Planet
Carbon
Logistics (discontinued)

License:
MIT.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

kaptain_kavern

I've said it in the other thread but again:

Many thanks for the pack animals fix! You rock  8)

Regardings this one:
Did you prefer we (modders) to link users to come here and download your mod, or should we integrate the DLL in our mods? And if not: Have you plan to put it on Steam? (the inevitable question ^^ )

Again thank you for your work/time  :D

Oblitus

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 24, 2017, 11:10:32 AM
Did you prefer we (modders) to link users to come here and download your mod, or should we integrate the DLL in our mods? And if not: Have you plan to put any of them on Steam? (the inevitable question ^^ )

Again thank you for your work/time  :D
1) WTFPL! So, whatever.
2) Dunno. I don't think I can provide a long-term suport for them.

kaptain_kavern

Okey dokey. Message received 8) I totally understand.

I will include the .dll in my mod then. It will be more convenient for everyone ^^

Thanks

SpaceDorf

On the topic of support,
the first improvement to "animals are different" would be to show the gender in your list.

If YetAnotherMuffalo36[B,T2] is still unnamed and not identifiable as female, it could have a not yet diagnosed condition.

If I had YetAnotherMuffalo36[F;B;T2] and YetAnotherMuffalo38[M,T2] I could leave my Milk Dispenser at Home.

Oblitus

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 24, 2017, 11:42:47 AM
On the topic of support,
the first improvement to "animals are different" would be to show the gender in your list.

If YetAnotherMuffalo36[B,T2] is still unnamed and not identifiable as female, it could have a not yet diagnosed condition.

If I had YetAnotherMuffalo36[F;B;T2] and YetAnotherMuffalo38[M,T2] I could leave my Milk Dispenser at Home.
Done!

Also, new addition to list: Lay Eggs In Nest. Chickens (or other layers) would try to find a cozy place to lay their egg, instead of leaving them in a middle of nowhere! Just make sure they have at least animal sleeping spot in their allowed area.

SpaceDorf

Oblitus

Do Not Forbid Slaughtered
Are your handlers butchering animals who-knows-where and leaving them to rot? No more!

Also, the similar change to Lay Eggs In Nest - eggs would not be forbidden even outside of the home area.

SpaceDorf

I think you should add : Savior of Sanity
to either your Signature or your Profile description :)

Oblitus

Made an all-in-one mod (except Logistics). Added another feature: now your pets won't munch your Luciferium stock! As well as any other stuff which is not food. Probably would still drink your booze, since it is considered food, but this could be sorted out by WM Smarter Food Selection. Needs some testing, though.

Oblitus

More stuff. Tamed that Thrumbo only to realize that you'll need all the time 'till the end of the world to train "the wisest creature in the universe" to follow you? Well, no more! Added slider which changes how wildness affects training, effectively reducing wildness up to half for training calculations. No changes by default.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Oblitus on July 26, 2017, 03:19:58 PM
Tamed that Thrumbo only to realize that you'll need all the time 'till the end of the world to train "the wisest creature in the universe" to follow you?

Can't be that wise if they keep wandering into my colony and sleep in front of my MG nests.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

faltonico

I can't stress enough how much sanity this mod will save me from losing.
Thanks a lot!

Soupy Delicious

Nice mods man. I rolled my eyes when I first saw it, imagining another mod claiming quality of life when it really meant 'make game easy'. I have a question: if I wanted to only take the 'snow tile movement' change out of the first 'module', would it be reasonably easy to enact?