[1.3] Animals Logic 🐾

Started by Oblitus, July 24, 2017, 10:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oblitus

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 11, 2017, 04:49:21 PM
Quote from: Oblitus on August 11, 2017, 04:43:56 PM
This mean... I'll have to update all my links? There are a lot of them - here, on steam... Two is many, right?

No, in Troll-Math three is many.

One, Two, Many,

Many-One, Many-Two, Many-Many
That's standard troll math. Troll programmers are using own math: None, One, Many...

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Oblitus

Canute

I just download the archiv from github and just find these rimworldmods, but where are the Animals Logic mod ?

Oblitus

Quote from: Canute on August 12, 2017, 03:13:52 AM
I just download the archiv from github and just find these rimworldmods, but where are the Animals Logic mod ?
Er... Inside folder?

Canute

Oblitus

Canute

Sorry i am blind *going to the doctor for new glasses*.

But, can't you made it that the mod folder are the main folders at the archive like all other modders do too. Then you just can unzip them straight into mods rather to move them after.
Nvm. i see yout github isn't organized right, and the archive is just the regular github format. Too bad.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Oblitus on August 10, 2017, 08:10:45 PM
Hotfix: mechanoids, apparently, do not taste like a chicken. What a surprise.

Since I haven't said this yet : AWESOME ! Never has Chicken tasted so good. My freezer has never been so uncluttered.

Oblitus

Quote from: Canute on August 12, 2017, 05:56:26 AM
But, can't you made it that the mod folder are the main folders at the archive like all other modders do too. Then you just can unzip them straight into mods rather to move them after.
Nvm. i see yout github isn't organized right, and the archive is just the regular github format. Too bad.
Yes, I don't have separate projects for each mod. Github is more of a... Well, version control system, rather than a release platform for me, so it is organized for development convenience. Though I probably should make proper release packages, it is simple, but I'm lazy.

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 12, 2017, 01:51:38 PM
Since I haven't said this yet : AWESOME ! Never has Chicken tasted so good. My freezer has never been so uncluttered.
But now we have a problem. Do snakes taste like chickens, or chickens taste like snakes?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Oblitus on August 12, 2017, 05:53:09 PM
But now we have a problem. Do snakes taste like chickens, or chickens taste like snakes?

If only all questions were as easy to answer as this one  ;D

Not only does the Species of Serpentes existed previous to the Species of Aves, they both descended from the larger families of Reptilies. In addtion to that Chicken and other small flightless Birds are common prey for Snakes.
Based on these facts it stands to reason, that the taste of Chicken and Snake was similiar to begin with.
From there it is easy to deduce that by evolutionary selection Chicken and Chicken Egss tasting similiar to their serpentile Predators where less likely to be eaten by them.
In conclusion. Chicken does in fact taste like Snake.
It is only our personal Human perception, often having tasted Chicken long before Snake, that we compare the new taste to something allready known to us.

Oblitus

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 12, 2017, 09:01:43 PM
Quote from: Oblitus on August 12, 2017, 05:53:09 PM

If only all questions were as easy to answer as this one  ;D

Not only does the Species of Serpentes existed previous to the Species of Aves, they both descended from the larger families of Reptilies. In addtion to that Chicken and other small flightless Birds are common prey for Snakes.
Based on these facts it stands to reason, that the taste of Chicken and Snake was similiar to begin with.
From there it is easy to deduce that by evolutionary selection Chicken and Chicken Egss tasting similiar to their serpentile Predators where less likely to be eaten by them.
In conclusion. Chicken does in fact taste like Snake.
It is only our personal Human perception, often having tasted Chicken long before Snake, that we compare the new taste to something allready known to us.
Yes, but the taste is subjective. Doesn't it mean that this personal perception is more important?

SpaceDorf

There can be no definity answer if you bind the answer to personal experience.
Then we could start to argue if quail tastes more like rattlesnake or cobra.
Or if a Anaconda tastes like Cabybara.

And from a pure logical point of view, if our taste tells us that snake and chicken taste identical,
they become interchangeable, and a person who has tasted snake first has to agree with a person who tasted chicken first, that the taste is indeed the same and the future experience of both persons will be, that it does not matter if they eat snake or chicken.

Still you could try and reverse the evolutionary argument by saying Snake tastes like Chicken, because of their diet.
Snakes just ate so many Chicken that the orginal taste of Snake changed.

This could mean neither Snake nor Chicken taste like the true animal anymore but both have merged into a single taste.
Not quite Chicken, not quite Snake but SnaCk.

And suddenly it just seems so obvious. Even the words merge seamlesly into each other.
The Universe itself was searching for the ultimate taste and consistensy of SnaCk Meat and only the combination of two species made this possible.

Canute

Hmm where in germany you can eat snakes that you made these expierence ? :-)
I don't think you got snakes at your pathfinder camps, and i don't think you ever was at one of these camps ! :-)

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Canute on August 13, 2017, 04:40:47 AM
Hmm where in germany you can eat snakes that you made these expierence ? :-)
I don't think you got snakes at your pathfinder camps, and i don't think you ever was at one of these camps ! :-)

I haven't eaten snakes yet .. I do not speak out of experience but form logic conclusions :)
There are novelty restaurants though where you can eat ostrich, alligator and other meats.

But as a matter of fact. I visited summer camps several times and did my military service with the Bundeswehr.
And I did see some of the indegenious snakes here. Which are for once to small to eat and also forbidden :)