[1.3] Animals Logic 🐾

Started by Oblitus, July 24, 2017, 10:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maculator

Well I don't know how much work implementing those files would be (translating them would be a walk in the park), but if you say it's too much I guess its kind of your mod and kind of your choice^^

shadowstitch

I love Animals Logic, I've been using it for some time and I consider it indispensable.
One question, though: Could there be a way to restrict animals from drinking my beer?
They stay away from my drugs just fine, but when it comes to meals, they will jump on my booze if they get half a chance.
I've been trying to find a way to tweak the definitions of the foodtype categories to prevent it, without having to download an entire in-depth mod like Wishmaster's Smarter Food Selection (or create entire new areas disallowing only the areas that might hold beer.) The dogs are crafty -- if a pawn accidentally puts beer where they can get to it, they will get to it.

THOSE ARE MY BEERS
Give them back you are a dog
you can't even open bottles

Oblitus

Quote from: shadowstitch on September 23, 2017, 01:10:40 AM
I love Animals Logic, I've been using it for some time and I consider it indispensable.
One question, though: Could there be a way to restrict animals from drinking my beer?
They stay away from my drugs just fine, but when it comes to meals, they will jump on my booze if they get half a chance.
I've been trying to find a way to tweak the definitions of the foodtype categories to prevent it, without having to download an entire in-depth mod like Wishmaster's Smarter Food Selection (or create entire new areas disallowing only the areas that might hold beer.) The dogs are crafty -- if a pawn accidentally puts beer where they can get to it, they will get to it.

THOSE ARE MY BEERS
Give them back you are a dog
you can't even open bottles

Beer is a food, so they would consume it. So it is either WM SMF, zones or switch to smokeleaf. Smokeleaf is not a food.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Oblitus on September 23, 2017, 10:26:34 AM
Beer is a food, so they would consume it. So it is either WM SMF, zones or switch to smokeleaf. Smokeleaf is not a food.

But my Grazers eat it anyway. At least the raw smokeleaf.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Oblitus

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 23, 2017, 11:49:25 AM
Quote from: Oblitus on September 23, 2017, 10:26:34 AM

But my Grazers eat it anyway. At least the raw smokeleaf.
Well, unless you use pigs as haulers, you probably should restrict your grazing animals to the pasture and barn. Otherwise they would also eat your meals and bring filth to your floors.

SpaceDorf

I do that.
And a lot of other useful things with zone restrictions and animal settings :)

I just wanted to point out the fact that grazers eat smokeleaf.
Which is a nice to know fact if you need emergency rations for your animals.
I am not sure if grazers eat other plant matter raw ressources .. but it may be worth a try.

shadowstitch

Quote from: Oblitus

Beer provides nutrition, but it's also classified as a drug, in both the Drug Policy and the Manufactured>Drugs category. 
I thought that your mod changed the eating behavior to exclude items of the drug category, but I guess it only forbids eating items without nutritional value, which just so happens to include drugs.

I'd like to patch the definition of the foodtypes to specifically exclude liquor, but I can't find a def that defines it, which means it's probably declared in the core code, which is above my paygrade. I guess Smarter Food Selection is my only viable option as an ignorant enduser. Thanks for the reply, Oblitus. And thanks, Tynan, for another intentionally dumb design choice.

Oblitus

Quote from: shadowstitch on September 24, 2017, 12:37:05 AM
Quote from: Oblitus

Beer provides nutrition, but it's also classified as a drug, in both the Drug Policy and the Manufactured>Drugs category. 
I thought that your mod changed the eating behavior to exclude items of the drug category, but I guess it only forbids eating items without nutritional value, which just so happens to include drugs.
There are two cases when animals can eat something in vanilla. First - when they are hungry they would eat something with nutrition value found within their allowed zone. I have not changed this behavior (I'm using WM SMF to manage it, and due to quite destructive SMF approach can't really make it compatible should I do something with it). Second - they have random chance to eat something ingestible disregard the hunger, nutrition value, item type or zone restrictions. This one is disabled entirely by the mod since it is an unmanageable bs without lockable doors and humanlike-only operatable containers.

TheWrongColonist

Oblitus can you add a feature that sets the animals designed to "Slaughter" to not be rescued at all? A lot of times i set some animals to be slaughtered and put them in the fridge zone, sometimes the Handler doesn't come right away and after some time colonists start to "rescue" the animals supposed to be killed and feeding them...

Oblitus

Quote from: TheWrongColonist on October 02, 2017, 02:48:55 PM
Oblitus can you add a feature that sets the animals designed to "Slaughter" to not be rescued at all? A lot of times i set some animals to be slaughtered and put them in the fridge zone, sometimes the Handler doesn't come right away and after some time colonists start to "rescue" the animals supposed to be killed and feeding them...
Would require a very dirty transpiler patch.

asquirrel

Running this mod and vanilla animal overhaul.  Are these two mods compatible?  For some reason my animals don't go hunting with me?  I've been training them but how do I know they've been trained to follow for hunting?  Does the training thing need to be gold across the board for them to follow me while hunting and training to protect me?  Thanks! :)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Oblitus

asquirrel

Quote from: Oblitus on October 04, 2017, 01:06:33 AM
VAO has a bug with training.

Hey dude!  What bug does Vanilla Animals Overhall have with training?  Thanks!

Oblitus

Quote from: asquirrel on October 04, 2017, 03:20:37 PM
Quote from: Oblitus on October 04, 2017, 01:06:33 AM
VAO has a bug with training.

Hey dude!  What bug does Vanilla Animals Overhall have with training?  Thanks!
Animal's master can't train it if animal is assigned for fieldwork. Afaik still not fixed.

SpaceDorf

If I turn of field work for the untrained animals the bug is a non-issue. ?!?

=== EDIT ===

Clarified that I meant it as a question-