[1.3] Animals Logic 🐾

Started by Oblitus, July 24, 2017, 10:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asquirrel

How do you turn off field work?  Thanks!

SpaceDorf

The strange signs next to the training designations are

follow when drafted and follow when doing fieldwork.

Which can be toggled for every animal trained in obedience.
Only triggers when assigned to a master and the master is either drafted or doing fieldwork.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

asquirrel

Hey Spacedorf!

The problem I'm running into is that none of my animals follow the master when they are out training or hunting animals.  If I shut it off then they won't do it.    How can they train for field work if the checkbox is unchecked?

SpaceDorf

They don't need to train for fieldwork, it is included in the obedience training.

But if your trainers can't train with a field working animal assigned to them,
then you have to turn it off or remove the animal from the trainer.

Then it is a matter of which further skills you want to train ( release, rescue, haul )

Release allows the master of an animal to give an attack order to the animal
rescue allows animals to carry downed pawns into medical beds
haul .. the most precious training. Allows Animals to carry stuff into stockpiles and free your pawns from this.

asquirrel

Based on the screenshot I put up on the previous page, shouldn't my muffalos and snow leopard follow Cass when hunting or training?  I got the green check mark so they should be trained and doing this, right?  They aren't following her and she's getting attacked while hunting and training.

Are you saying animals can't train with the person they are assigned to?

Canute

They should follow for hunting and taming, but not training since this isn't dangerous.
QuoteAre you saying animals can't train with the person they are assigned to?
I think that only related to VAO, i don't know this bug by myself but i think it happen when an animal follow its master for field work, this animal is unable to be trained.

asquirrel

I'm going to try disabling vanilla animal overhaul and see if this changes anything.  If I got green check marks across the board for my trained animals, shouldn't they be following me when I go out hunting and taming?

Newp.  They still aren't following me when I go out to either hunt or tame animals.

Canute

Ok, i just tested it myself and it worked well.
The megasloth was following his master, but before the megasloth arrived the master allready finished the taming process, not to speak the master was much faster then the animal (5 vs 3.5 m/s).

When this happen to you, you maybe got another mod-conflict. Any other mod that change anything with animal/pawn behavior ?
Here is my current modlist, you can compare it with yours.
https://gist.github.com/0c694a83bb18ac982bae06444f6f8dc6

asquirrel

I tried disabling vanilla animal overhaul again and moving animals logic to the bottom of my load order.  When I did that my game didn't load so I'll have to start from scratch.  Canute, when your megasloth was fully trained do you have gold checkboxes across the board?  I have gold checks except for the last two (drafting and field work) which are green. 

I have a metric crap ton of mods running.  Here is a link to my log:

https://gist.github.com/78278a539f28158e4d542f7ca20e05a8

No red conflicts but I do have some yellow error messages.  I have a mod that changes hunting for the pawns.  It basically looks at your pawn and the target, and then decides whether or not it is too dangerous to hunt the target.  If it is then the hunter will look for something else to hunt.  It's called "Hunting Restriction" by MarvinKosh.

Canute

My megasloth arn't full trained, because they can't be trained  well.
But it worked with a full trained grizzly previously too.

Since you got modlist backup, safe your curret modlist.
Disable all these mod that change behavior, and corrected workgiver.
Check if something change at.
Since they don't add any item to the game, it should be safe to remove them for testing.

And not sure, shouldn't you move
A Dog Said...:
before
LBE's A Dog Said Easy Patcher
?

asquirrel

Oh crap.  I didn't know I had ADS easy patcher before adogsaid. I switched the order and some of the errors I was getting disappeared.  Maybe I'll try disabling that hunter mod but I'm not sure how it would affect animals.

Oblitus

Quote from: asquirrel on October 06, 2017, 02:11:10 PM
Oh crap.  I didn't know I had ADS easy patcher before adogsaid. I switched the order and some of the errors I was getting disappeared.  Maybe I'll try disabling that hunter mod but I'm not sure how it would affect animals.
It shouldn't. I'm using it too without issues.

SpaceDorf

Thats a general rule for ordering a modlist :

Start with the basic mod :

Animals Aplenty
A Mod Said
A Mod Dependent Mod
A patch to rule them all

Later Mods can overwrite stuff from earlier mods .. in case of patches they are required too ..
The other way around would be installing the "Windows Service Pack" before "Windows" itself.
And before you tell me that this is actually possible .. I tell you the correct answer to that :
It is possible with mods too .. even the process and amount of work is similiar :)

Now lets go Inception on you :

Does my little Planet have access to the Factions placed on the surface ?

asquirrel

Do you folks see anything that might be causing the conflict?  What about refactored work priorities?  I'm just running animals logic and they still don't follow my pawn when they are assigned to him and he is either hunting or training.  What kinds of mods that I have installed would stop animals from following him?  I have zone set to unrestricted. Also tried just home area.  Doesn't matter.  The animals will follow and release when drafted. They will just wander when he is hunting or training.  Animal logic is at the end of my load order.   Is there a minimum intelligence level for the animals to follow during training and hunting?

Canute

Quotehe is either hunting or training.
Taming not training !!
Training isn't dangerous, taming and hunting is dangerous.

But i have no clue, that why i said you should disable all QoL mods that don't add things to test it out.