[1.3] Animals Logic 🐾

Started by Oblitus, July 24, 2017, 10:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asquirrel

"Taming not training !!
Training isn't dangerous, taming and hunting is dangerous."

Not sure what you mean by that. I thought this mod would have the animals follow you when the animal is assigned to the pawn and the pawn is either out hunting or taming animals. 

"you should disable all QoL mods that don't add things to test it out."

I'm guessing here, but is QoL "quality of life" mods?  I'm not sure what mods those would be.

In vanilla, are animals supposed to follow their assigned master when the master is hunting or taming animals?

Canute

Quote from: asquirrel on October 07, 2017, 12:18:51 PM
"Taming not training !!
Training isn't dangerous, taming and hunting is dangerous."

Not sure what you mean by that. I thought this mod would have the animals follow you when the animal is assigned to the pawn and the pawn is either out hunting or taming animals. 
Yes, but you wrote training not taming.
Maybe just the typical error "i mean that but wrote that".

"you should disable all QoL mods that don't add things to test it out."

I'm guessing here, but is QoL "quality of life" mods?  I'm not sure what mods those would be.

In vanilla, are animals supposed to follow their assigned master when the master is hunting or taming animals?
Yes, this is a vanila behavior.

asquirrel

Hey Canute!  In vanilla, will the trained animals defend the master when the master is hunting or attempting to tame new animals?

asquirrel

Hey Canute! I disabled hauling mods (except hand me that brick). The animals will follow during hunting and drafting but not during training.  It's freaking bizzare.  Could you take a look at my mod list and see what you'd disable? Could it be that the mods that add animals is causing the problem? Like their behavior won't allow them to follow during training?

https://gist.github.com/0d0c1bcd7640206bfde84784876dc215

tobi1449

Quote from: Oblitus on August 27, 2017, 04:25:01 PM
Quote from: sirgzu on August 27, 2017, 03:57:15 PM
I have no idea if it has something to do with AL but my pawns stop training/shearing/milking after some time for no reason. Reloading the save makes them do it again for a little while until they decide to stop again. Taming of wild animals is unaffected.
Log?

Any idea what could cause this on B18 (no Pawns Play Together)?
Pawns Play Together is known to cause such problem.

Canute

Oblitus,
a suggestion for a next version.
When you rename an animal, the inputfield for the name should be activated. So you can enter/modify the name without to need to click into the field.
And when you press Enter, the name window should be closed like when you press OK.

CrimsonPhalanx

I wonder if there's gonna be a diamond floor in the future

I find it a little odd that diamond has a low sharp damage modifier, seeing that we have diamond tipped blades irl.
But then again it makes sense since sharpening it would be a problem without using other diamond tipped stuff

Canute

I think thats right, diamond are strong, but not sharp.
Unlike flintstones you can split them to have sharp edges, you need to grind them and would loose most of it at this way.

Yes diamonds are used at drills and blades, but not because they are sharp. It's more they are robust and don't get drained that much then steel.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: CrimsonPhalanx on January 16, 2018, 08:14:57 AM

I find it a little odd that diamond has a low sharp damage modifier, seeing that we have diamond tipped blades irl.
But then again it makes sense since sharpening it would be a problem without using other diamond tipped stuff

Are you talking about the diamond from the Carbon mod? I'm confused as to what this guy is talking about here ???

CrimsonPhalanx

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 16, 2018, 10:51:33 AM
Quote from: CrimsonPhalanx on January 16, 2018, 08:14:57 AM

Are you talking about the diamond from the Carbon mod? I'm confused as to what this guy is talking about here ???

Yes I am talking about the carbon mod

Kori

Hello Oblitus,

the Logistics mod makes all ocean tiles passable for caravans. If this is intended, could you make it optional, please?

wwWraith

There is a commit on GitHub fixing a typo in settings (convert_ruined_eggs instead of fight_back) for Animals Logic. May we hope to get it compiled?
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Oblitus

Okay, I've finally managed to reassemble myself from a puddle of toxic goo.

Some updates here!

Logistics:
No longer allows movement over water.

Animals Logic:
Fixed zone change handler and animal medical beds.
From pull request: fixed saving of fight back setting.

Carbon:
Production chain simplified - stuff is now produced directly from chemfuel.
Fixed chemfuel from hay recipe, removed skill requirements and work speed stats from recipes except for Diamond which requires 10 intellectual.
Carbon weave and composite deteriorate at 20% rate.
Weave is buffed a bit (except heat resistance), diamond hp multiplier nerfed to 10x.
Restored underwater power conduit.
Changed carbon tile texture so it would not flicker upon screen zoom or scroll.
Architect Sense intermod: Carbon Tile is in High Tech category.

Sky burial site:
WIP stuff. Just a small platform where you can leave a body to rot without having penalty from unburied corpse. Proof-of-concept stage.

matheryn

hey there,

just wanted to let you know if you didn't know already that the mod 'precise world generation percentages' completely overrides your 'my little planet' mod making it non usable if both are in the pack reguardless of order.