[1.3] Animals Logic 🐾

Started by Oblitus, July 24, 2017, 10:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oblitus

Quote from: CJoker3221 on July 08, 2018, 01:20:41 AM
Do you have any intentions of adding the configurable hauling to B18? That's such a needed feature for me, I'm playing on HCSK..
Just use Hardworking Animals. Even with config it is pretty much all or nothing.

CJoker3221

Quote from: Oblitus on July 08, 2018, 01:27:56 AM
Do you have any intentions of adding the configurable hauling to B18? That's such a needed feature for me, I'm playing on HCSK..
Just use Hardworking Animals. Even with config it is pretty much all or nothing.
Will it not conflict with one another?

Oblitus

Quote from: CJoker3221 on July 08, 2018, 02:10:04 AM
Quote from: Oblitus on July 08, 2018, 01:27:56 AM
Will it not conflict with one another?
After this change one would override another, so last in load order would affect hauling behavior. In 0.18 they have no intersection points and can be used together.

CJoker3221

Alrighty! Had a go with them both and it worked! My panda is hauling like the wind! Thanks for the awesome mod though, naming my animals was one of the thing I really wanted!

Canute

If i know a vanilia animal that could be a roomcleaner i would suggest that animal should be able to clean rooms.
But beside slimes which would eat the filt and dirt, maybe monkey's but i am not sure about that.
So i better don't suggest such a thing and stick with the Minion mod. :-)

Oblitus

Quote from: Canute on July 08, 2018, 06:14:16 AM
If i know a vanilia animal that could be a roomcleaner i would suggest that animal should be able to clean rooms.
But beside slimes which would eat the filt and dirt, maybe monkey's but i am not sure about that.
So i better don't suggest such a thing and stick with the Minion mod. :-)
I prefer Housekeeper Cat.

Syrchalis

Quote from: Oblitus on July 08, 2018, 12:08:12 PM
That's what I use all the time. But 1.0...
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Oblitus

Quote from: Syrchalis on July 08, 2018, 12:37:21 PM
Quote from: Oblitus on July 08, 2018, 12:08:12 PM
That's what I use all the time. But 1.0...
Try my unofficial update. Note, I removed their wool and ability to reproduce.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Syrchalis

The wool is sad, it was really great for Tuques. But I honestly had no issues with temperature in 1.0 since so much leather gives proper insulation now. Reproducing I really don't need. I neutered them anyway (there was a mod for that).
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Oblitus

Quote from: Syrchalis on July 08, 2018, 03:46:58 PM
The wool is sad, it was really great for Tuques. But I honestly had no issues with temperature in 1.0 since so much leather gives proper insulation now. Reproducing I really don't need. I neutered them anyway (there was a mod for that).
Vanilla wool is currently kinda messed up, so I have no idea how to properly update it. And original wool was so powerful that any apparel granted you temperature immunity.

Note that I had to rewrite whole cleaning logic from scratch, so they can behave differently. Also, now it should work better with other mods since the original had own body and thought tree while my version uses default monkey body and injects the required logic into default tree.

Syrchalis

Sounds really nice. And I agree. I honestly think the current wool is way underpowered. It is difficult to tame these animals and even if you buy them or get them from an event they still need to be fed and kept save. It takes a long time until you get the wool and then that wool is this bad? I honestly rather have the "broken" wool of B18 and before than ... I mean, let's face it, it's essentially silver they shed. Wool is still worth a lot (relatively), but by the time you get it you have everyone in full plain leather gear (or better if megasloths are around).

Aaaaaaaanyway, on topic: Update seems good so far. I noticed that animals fight back a lot in melee now, so I'm not surprised you removed that option. Could only add option so they DON'T fight back as much, haha. (jk)

Canute

I am surprised these houskeeper cat don't give milk and lay egg's :-)
You describe it like a mighty animal, can clean the rooms and can hunt muffalo kind mice as their food, not to speak abou the wool.

Oblitus

Quote from: Canute on July 08, 2018, 04:40:33 PM
I am surprised these houskeeper cat don't give milk and lay egg's :-)
You describe it like a mighty animal, can clean the rooms and can hunt muffalo kind mice as their food, not to speak abou the wool.
Wonders of proper genetic engineering!

Syrchalis

In my current playthrough they aren't useful though - I'm so lategame and I have rimfactory so my colonies (I have two) have drones all over them, doing ALL kinds of work (not just haul/clean but literally anything but hunt/craft really).

However, next game when they spawn fresh and I'm naked once more I'll surely appreciate having them.

ptx

Graphene Battery for Carbon mod?