[1.3] Animals Logic 🐾

Started by Oblitus, July 24, 2017, 10:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oblitus

Resurak

Hi, just letting you know that there is an issue with the carbon mod, waterproofing research prerequisites no more needed for the underwater carbon conduit :D

Oblitus

Fixed. Also updated Animals Logic: zone awareness is now fixed in vanilla.

Also, some unofficial updates (no future support warranty)

[attachment deleted due to age]

zizard

great mod, esp. not eating random stuff. overdosing animals is only funny the first time.

Oblitus

Animals Logic, Carbon and My Little Planet are updated for B19.

Warning: only a bare minimum of testing is done.

Animals Logic changes:

Removed (now vanilla):
  • Adds rename button for animals.
  • Tags bonded and pregnant animals in caravan and trade interfaces.
  • Pack-able animals without a load will be considered a sellable chattel by the caravans.
  • Unforbids slaughtered animals.
  • When allowed zone is changed animals react immediately instead of after the end of the current task.
  • Minor starvation (below 60%) cannot cause miscarrying.
  • Pet type animals (all which can be starting pet) and bonded animals do not disturb sleep.
  • (Optional, default off) Mitigates wildness penalty for training (but not taming) animals with high wildness.
  • (Optional) Animals (wind included) have greater chance to fight back when attacked in melee

Added:
  • (Optional) Configurable animal hauling efficiency.
  • (Optional) Configurable tameness decay threshold.
  • (Optional) Configurable training decay speed.

wreckcelsior

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with your mod, but since it has to do with tamed animals and it's driving me insane, I thought I would just throw this question your way... (I know you are busy, thank you for your time.)
Is there a way to stop the game from auto-naming new-born critters?
I have a rather large animal population and spend a lot of my time clicking and deleting the newly given name. 
I do give names to some of them, and I have those names showing on screen so I can quickly find them, but when every single new-born gets a human name, it becomes a bit arduous removing them.
I can't seem to find any info on my particular problem(annoyance).

Thanks in advance to any and all help.
cheers.

Oblitus

Naming on birth/tame is a vanilla function for some animals, mostly canines.

wreckcelsior

Quote from: Oblitus on September 04, 2018, 11:50:04 PM
Any ideas on how I can stifle it? 
Sorry for pestering you... you seemed liked the logic choice to ask...
If it can't be done, it can't be done.

cheers.

Oblitus

Quote from: wreckcelsior on September 05, 2018, 05:02:48 PM
Quote from: Oblitus on September 04, 2018, 11:50:04 PM
Any ideas on how I can stifle it? 
Sorry for pestering you... you seemed liked the logic choice to ask...
If it can't be done, it can't be done.

cheers.
You can make a simple XML mod. As far as I remember, you need to set nameOnTameChance to 0.

wreckcelsior

Quote from: Oblitus on September 05, 2018, 05:07:45 PM
You can make a simple XML mod. As far as I remember, you need to set nameOnTameChance to 0.

Yep... if you could see me right now, you'd see a man jumping up and down and kicking his heels!!!
I didn't know how to make an XML file that worked, but I found the specific animal's XML (honey badger) in the ACP mod I'm using and there it was "<nameOnTameChance>1</nameOnTameChance>".. changed it to 0 and HuRRAH!!!!  Un-named Honey Badgers for days!

Thanks a ton Oblitus.

Canute

Oblitus,
with the B19 the new taming decay i notice a new odd behavior.
A tamer wanted to train a dog and the dog wanted to eat (a corpse).
The dog start to eat, then interrupt and turn to the tamer, start to eat, turn to tamer, ...
This happen serveral times now.
I think the tamer don't use food for the training and the dog is very hungry (so i can understand the dog :-) ).
So the question is, is this behavior from your mod, or more a vanilla bug ?

Oblitus

Not from a mod. Animals being trained are doing their business between training sessions, it is not something new.

Canute

Ok, then i think i will post a bug report then.

Flimflamshabam

It's been a while since i messed with rimworld, for some reason i remember animals logic being the mod i used that made alpaca's milkable and let all egg laying animals lay eggs with or without fertilization or being part of the colony or am i thinking of another mod?

Oblitus

Quote from: Flimflamshabam on September 18, 2018, 10:11:15 PM
It's been a while since i messed with rimworld, for some reason i remember animals logic being the mod i used that made alpaca's milkable and let all egg laying animals lay eggs with or without fertilization or being part of the colony or am i thinking of another mod?
Nope. It was something else.