[1.3] Animals Logic 🐾

Started by Oblitus, July 24, 2017, 10:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolfgangPolska

My animals do not nuzzle anybody, I wonder if it is game related issue or with Animals logic.
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

Oblitus

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on February 21, 2019, 09:49:29 AM
My animals do not nuzzle anybody, I wonder if it is game related issue or with Animals logic.
Very unlikely.

Canute

Since you can deactivate Animal Logic without breaking the safegame, you could try it out.
But Animal Logic is one of my favoured mods i allways use, and never encounter this problem.

DAOWAce

So all these features are great and all but, there's one that's hampering the mod for me.

The list of animals is showing some tier system? in front of the names on some screens:

There does not appear to be a way to turn this off.

This is 'information overload' to me, really hurting my ability to read the lists of animals.

The weird thing is this is only displayed under the caravan screen and the trading screen.  On the main animals tab it's all normal, as is when you select an animal in the world.  Almost makes me think this is some sort of dev thing left in by mistake. I don't see this in the features list.

Are you able to add an option to disable this, or direct me as to how I may do so?  Edit: It's the AnimalsAreDifferent.cs part in the source code, but I don't have the capability to compile anything, so I guess I'm SOL on my end.

Oblitus

This is information about animal status, not tier. Tn shows training level, Wn% shows wool growth. Can't be disabled in a current version.

vovik

So, about wood-like stats - its perfect for prison revolts when i dont want to unintentionally destroy eye or jaw of prisoner i want to recruit.
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

Chibisuke

Oblitus is there any way to force stop an animal from doing it's current task and add to queue. When it's being trained? Poor pawn chasing modded animal with high movement across the map and never catching up trying to train them n ignoring all other needs.

Oblitus

Quote from: Chibisuke on April 29, 2019, 10:22:30 PM
Oblitus is there any way to force stop an animal from doing it's current task and add to queue. When it's being trained? Poor pawn chasing modded animal with high movement across the map and never catching up trying to train them n ignoring all other needs.
Due to how tasks are implemented, it is very difficult to patch them. I've tried to do something with this problem several times, but it requires a detour.

Canute

Maybe take a look at GiddyUp or ask Roolo.
At GiddyUp pawn's can mount animals, and when a pawn want to ride an animal this animal stop his task and wait for the pawn to mount.
I allready asked Roolo about an intercept of the animal towards the pawn, but Roolo mean that would be to complicate with the pathfinding.

Oblitus

Quote from: Canute on April 30, 2019, 05:30:39 AM
Maybe take a look at GiddyUp or ask Roolo.
At GiddyUp pawn's can mount animals, and when a pawn want to ride an animal this animal stop his task and wait for the pawn to mount.
I allready asked Roolo about an intercept of the animal towards the pawn, but Roolo mean that would be to complicate with the pathfinding.
Mounting is a custom task. Handling is a vanilla task.

zenn

[Animals Logic] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationReplace(/Defs/ThinkTreeDef[defName = "Animal"]/thinkRoot/subNodes/li[@Class="ThinkNode_ConditionalHasFaction"]/subNodes/li[@Class="ThinkNode_ChancePerHour_Mate"]/../li[@Class="ThinkNode_ChancePerHour_Constant"]) failed
file: D:\Game\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\1098354593\1.1\Patches\patches.xml
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.PatchOperation:Complete(String)
Verse.LoadedModManager:ClearCachedPatches()
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.<>c:<Start>b__6_1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

Oblitus

Quote from: zenn on April 26, 2020, 06:50:18 PM
[Animals Logic] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationReplace(/Defs/ThinkTreeDef[defName = "Animal"]/thinkRoot/subNodes/li[@Class="ThinkNode_ConditionalHasFaction"]/subNodes/li[@Class="ThinkNode_ChancePerHour_Mate"]/../li[@Class="ThinkNode_ChancePerHour_Constant"]) failed

Don't use Hardworking Animals, it has a very dirty patch. And AL already has its function within.

gendalf

Animals Logic makes fenced alpacas lose tameness, they aren't supposed to.

Also my "growth time" stat on all animals now is showing "0 years", even without the mod, idk what's up with this one.

Oblitus

Check mod settings for alpacas - mod allows to set animals to lose tameness even if they have 0 wildness.

And the second one is just how vanilla works - rounds down to years, which means 0 for the vast majority of animals. Stats added by this mod are under the "misc" category. I left them even after the base game added productivity stats exactly because it was done poorly.

gendalf

Oblitus,
I'm only seeing global training decay and wildness threshold settings, but not per animal.

I'm pretty sure when I've just installed the game it was showing in a format "0.222 years" like that for all animals, but it's gone and is showing 0 now smh.

Also idk what ALConfigTamingAgeFactor setting does.