Steadfast and Iron-Willed traits' effect is clamped to a small effect

Started by DarkAleks, July 24, 2017, 12:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAleks

Steadfast and Iron-Willed traits have only 4% decrease since A15. They should have 9% and 18%. I belive they got broken when "Extreme Break" was introduced. 5% chance extreme break can only be decreased to 1% (hence 4% decrease) and game uses this value instead of 9% and 18%.

ruddthree

A pawn's mental break threshold can never, and has never be able to reach 0%, despite the traits yielding a number below 0%.

DarkAleks

Quote from: ruddthree on July 24, 2017, 05:37:23 PM
A pawn's mental break threshold can never, and has never be able to reach 0%, despite the traits yielding a number below 0%.

I know, but minor break threshold normally is 35% and major break threshold is 20%. Both Iron-Willed and Steadfast decrease them to 31% (minor) and 16% (major).
But it should be for Steadfast: 26% (minor) and 11% (major). For Iron-Willed: 17% (minor) and 2% (major). As it was before A15.

ison

It's because MentalBreakThreshold defines the extreme mental break threshold and can't be lower than 1%. I'll leave this for Tynan to decide.

DarkAleks

Steadfast and Iron-willed are still bugged in A18. Please fix.

Description says, it decreases mental break threshold by -9% and -18%.
On person without traits mental break thresholds are: 5%, 20%, 35%.
On person with trait (Steadfast or Iron-willed) mental break thresholds are: 1%, 16%, 31%. (!!!)
But it should be:
On person with Steadfast: 1%, 11%, 26%.
On person with Iron-willed: 1%, 2%, 17%.

XeoNovaDan

Steadfast and Iron-willed (especially the latter) only see a lot of use when in place with other traits that increase mental break threshold, such as Too Smart and Neurotic.

DarkAleks

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on November 09, 2017, 06:47:22 AM
Steadfast and Iron-willed (especially the latter) only see a lot of use when in place with other traits that increase mental break threshold, such as Too Smart and Neurotic.
On normal difficulty may be. But early in the game on extreme difficulty my pawns mood rarely go over 20-30. Mid-game when some disaster strikes or something bad happen during the raid (husband died, drugs destroyed, etc.), mood going under 30 again. Withdrawal, resisting psychic drones, pain from new scars on hunter (who rarely go to town and can break when hunting too much), there are alot of uses for these traits.

Anyway, they worked properly before, now they are bugged. It shouldn't be too hard to fix them, isn't it?

XeoNovaDan

Fair enough. However, this game shouldn't be balanced around top difficulty, since the lower down difficulty levels (e.g. intense and rough) will be trivialised.

DarkAleks

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on November 10, 2017, 04:29:38 AM
Fair enough. However, this game shouldn't be balanced around top difficulty, since the lower down difficulty levels (e.g. intense and rough) will be trivialised.
There are similair traits: Optimist and Sanguine. They give mood bonus which is a bit better than decreasing mental break threshold, but they give a little less in terms of numbers. Which is alright and balanced, if Steadfast and Iron-Willed were not broken. But right now SF and IW give only 4%, which is wrong, doesn't follow description, unbalanced and should be fixed.

DarkAleks

bump

I think it'd enough to make minor break threshold as "base" threshold, so all 3 threasholds can freely go up and down (but no lower than 1%). Right now extreme break threshold is "base", and it created this problem. I can be wrong.

DarkAleks

Just checked, still not fixed in 1.0. Steadfast tooltip: "Decrease mental break threshold -9%" and pawn has 31% mental break threshold, pawn without trait has 35%. Same for Iron-Willed, 31% despite tooltip saying -18%.

DarkAleks