[A17] (v1.0) Rambo Weapons Pack

Started by masterjamie9, July 24, 2017, 07:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masterjamie9

Release
Moving the mod to the release section because I feel like it's sufficiently filled with weapons. Well, technically it's never sufficiently filled but you get the point.

Here's a weapons pack I've been working on for a while. If you like unreasonably large weaponpacks that include any variant on certain guns and want a machining bills menu so big you'll want to shoot yourself, you'll like this. It adds about 187 or so guns, variants and such included. At the moment, a lot of these are either popular modern weapons and WW2 guns, though I intend to add even more, like weapons from WW1, vietnam, more modern weapons, etcetera.

The pack modifies vanilla weapons, so if you have any other mod that changes the vanilla weapons, it may conflict with this pack.

But dad, you have a lot of guns, how can it be unfinished??
First off, the pack still needs to be tested on balance, which is where you come on, I need feedback on this. Besides that, I also feel certain categories of weapons are still lacking at the moment. Like the anti-material rifles or revolvers. Along with that, there may be a large amount of small updates and fixes for the moment, which is also why I won't put it on steam yet. (Auto-updates from steam fuck with saves) When I consider the pack to be enough to be "finished", updates will slow down to a weekly-or-longer-schedule.

Anyways, if you've got feedback on balance or suggestions on new weapons, you can post them in this thread or hop on to a discord channel I made for the mod, here:
https://discord.gg/CKK9uHT

Hey, version 0.2 is out, while I didn't notice any savefile corruptions when loading 0.2 on a save with 0.1, I would totally suggest backing up those savefiles.

Weaponstats Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14Z028qPCNGVSagf1gpX6KMaJnilg5JvXG1A3hDXmdPs/edit?usp=sharing
Theres two pages, one with everything in one big messy list and one that places all weapons in categories.

Future features:
-Research perhaps, so that we can move the problem of a too large bills tab to a too large research tab.
-Revolvers
-Anti-material rifles
-More guns
-Better guns
-Worse guns
-Guns

Here's some rather large and lazy screenshots

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SpaceDorf

And yet you forgot the most important thing ....

THE KNIFE !
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Dragoon

Dude nice. And +1 that we can craft them.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

GngBngBus

holy shit sooo many guns! but, does is work with combat extend ??

Dragoon

Btw the all the variations of the famas cost more than the l85a1 even though it is worse. It has less range, accuracy, and a longer warm up. With a slightly less shorter cooldown.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

masterjamie9

I've been away for a while, mainly being addicted to Playerunknown's Battlegrounds and Escape from Tarkov, however I've certainly not abandoned this!
I've made a few guns inbetween time when I felt like it, and somebody has pointed me to a spreadsheet which can be used to set up Combat Extended weapons, so I'll probably get to that eventually.
I've also redone the AK's as their proportions were a bit off:
Old

New

A sneakpeek on some of the guns coming up next update:

Quote from: GngBngBus on August 09, 2017, 01:41:48 PM
holy shit sooo many guns! but, does is work with combat extend ??
No, currently this is vanilla only, but I do plan to eventually make a Combat Extended version.

Quote from: Dragoon on August 10, 2017, 03:02:10 PM
Btw the all the variations of the famas cost more than the l85a1 even though it is worse. It has less range, accuracy, and a longer warm up. With a slightly less shorter cooldown.
The FAMAS has a better DPS output than the L85A1/L85A2. Along with that, the L85A1 has rather low durability (55, instead of 100). I'll probably increase the L85A1's pricing to somewhere 400 silver, though.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

masterjamie9

Eyy, here's that update I was talking about. Version 0.2.

--Changelog--

New weapons:
A whole lot of about 40 guns.

-Pistols
Tec-9
UZI Pistol
Nagant M1895
Colt Anaconda
S&W Model 500
Remington Model 95
-Submachine Guns
American-180
MP7
MP5A1
MP5SD1
UZI
Mini-UZI
Micro-UZI
PP-91 Kedr
PP-9 Klin
PP-91-01 Kedr-B
Thumper Heavy SMG
-Assault Rifles
AK-101
AK-102
AK-103
AK-104
AK-105
AK-74M
AKS-74UB
OTs-14-1A-01 Groza-1
OTs-14-4A-01 Groza-4
SA vz. 58 P
SA vz. 58 V
TKB-022PM
F2000
F2000 Tactical
Galil AR 5.56mm
-Rifles
Winchester Model 1873
-Machine Guns
PKP Pecheneg
RPD
-Sniper Rifles
M21
-Anti-Material Rifles
Barret M82A1
VSSK Vykhlop
-Shotguns
TOZ-34 Sawed-off
TOZ-66 Sawed-off

Balance Changes:

-Increased the accuracy and value of the PTRS-41 and PTRD-41:
PTRS-41
Value 453 > 583
Acc-T 5 > 5
Acc-C 15 > 20
Acc-M 30 > 44
Acc-L 10 > 34
PTRD-41
Value 448 > 578
Acc-T 4 > 4
Acc-C 14 > 23
Acc-M 29 > 41
Acc-L 12 > 31

-Increased .44 Magnum damage from 12 to 13.
-Increased .22 Long Rifle damage from 3 to 4.
-Reduced 9x39mm damage from 14 to 13 (It was also erroneously set to 7, though I suppose that's fixed now)
-Reduced damage for the Charge Rifle from 15 to 12. This was initially set like this because I felt it was underpowered to other rifles, but I think I should leave it as is and instead balance the other weapons around the charge rifle instead of the other way around. May increase pricing on 9x39mm Assault Rifles and Battle Rifles
-Reduced range of the SCAR-L Long Barrel from 35 to 34.
-Reduced range of the SCAR-L Standard from 34 to 33
-Added generateCommonality (0.3) to VSS Vintorez, this was erroneously left out.

Other changes:

-Updated the textures for the Kalashnikovs
-PP and PPK renamed to Walther PP and Walther PPK.
-MP5SD shots are now suppressed, instead of the default SMG sound effect.
-SVU shots are now suppressed.
-Renamed the Charge Rifle to R4 Charge Rifle.
-Halved the speed of all bullets. All bullets now go at 0.125 times their real-life speed. For record, 2 speed in Rimworld is the equivalent of 1 m/s. (Or 1 square per second) 9x19mm goes at a speed of 360 m/s (720 ingame speed), but is set to 90 speed.

--End Changelog--

For now, plans for now are to add a bit more guns, do proper previews of the weapons instead of shitty ingame screenshots, redo some weapon balances, then release as 1.0 and on steam. Then work on CE patches or ideas on research.

Oh yeah, also, you may have noticed that the Thumper Heavy SMG isn't a real gun. Well, you probably didn't because I don't expect anyone here to be a walking gun encyclopedia.

The Thumper Heavy SMG will be the stand-in for the vanilla Heavy SMG, allowing the Tec-9 to be a regular 9mm Tec-9. The Thumper will serve as a simplistic, Rimworld designed submachinegun, chambered in .44 Magnum. The idea itself sounds stupid, to use rimmed cartridges in a submachinegun, which seems to fit perfectly into the supposed mindset of an average Rimworld gunsmith, as I doubt they would know any better.

Download link's in the OP. Remember to backup old saves if you're loading up v0.2 over a save working with v0.1. I didn't come across issues when I've loaded v0.2 over my v0.1 save, but better safe than sorry.