[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveuk

After playing V2 of this mod a couple of times now, I will give some feedback based on the two games I played. I use to mod games (mainly Paradox titles) and know how important it is :)

1) I love how more difficult this mod makes the early game, especially for me as I always take the three colonists selected at start.

2) Creating a foodpack returned a string error.

3) I do not recall any friendly factions visiting.

4) I have only had one hostile encounter which was in my first game, apart from the syndicate ones.

5) In both games, my one additional colonist turned on me with the above syndicate (Maybe lower the chance of this happening).

6) After barely surviving the syndicate in my second game, my three original colonist went mad and killed each other lol The only one that did not was the traitor who was locked up. Perhaps add a condition that will prevent this happening?

7) I have only noticed one trade ship which turned up around day 50 in my second game. I bought much needed equipment and then my colonists went mad.

The only other mod I used was Psyckosama cremation chamber. I also picked Randy Random as you suggested.

Keep up the good work with this mod. I may try it out with the zombie mod although that would be a really short game.

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 27, 2014, 09:29:24 PM
Not sure if it's a bug but I am using minami with just wood economy and cremation inc installed, and right from the beginning I was able to build everything... Orbital trade beacon, research table... Solar generator... EVERYTHING... The only things I couldn't build were the things added by this mod..?

I am thinking, do I either need to A. Just disable core..? Which makes less sense or B. Disable core and minami, close the mods tab, reopen the mods tab, select minami, close the mods tab again, then open and enable core?...

mrofa

If he disable the core all the buttons will vanish and he wont be alble to enter mod tab again.:p
All i do is clutter all around.

steveuk

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 28, 2014, 06:36:30 PM
Not sure if it's a bug but I am using minami with just wood economy and cremation inc installed, and right from the beginning I was able to build everything... Orbital trade beacon, research table... Solar generator... EVERYTHING... The only things I couldn't build were the things added by this mod..?

I am thinking, do I either need to A. Just disable core..? Which makes less sense or B. Disable core and minami, close the mods tab, reopen the mods tab, select minami, close the mods tab again, then open and enable core?...
Would you not do better to disable wood economy & cremation Inc. There is no need to disable the core. Apart from the issues I reported above, the mod seems to work quite well.

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: steveuk on May 28, 2014, 07:42:21 PM
Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 28, 2014, 06:36:30 PM

I'll give it a go without but I don't see how they affect minami so far as the vanilla items go....

Would you not do better to disable wood economy & cremation Inc. There is no need to disable the core. Apart from the issues I reported above, the mod seems to work quite well.

Haplo

From your description I think that something overwrites the mod.
I would try to disable Minami, leave the mod page and then re-enable it, so that it is loaded last in your mod load list.

minami26

I'm really sorry about the incompatibilities, I changed a lot of core items, because you know I put [Overhaul] at the title. I'm so ashamed of forgetting to update the Compatibility words. in the mainpost :-[.

You can pick the things you want though because I arranged the new buildables with separate xmls and just plop in the ttm.dll maybe I'll do a tutorial for that.

What I wanted to do was take all the original buildings into their own tech tree, so whenever you add in a new mod, it doesn't put into a research so it will show up right at the start. I have overwritten basically the original defs of the game, so if you use a mod that overwrites it too, then it will likely mess up TTM. :)

so if you know how to configure the xmls, you can easily put the Other Mods buildings into a tech tree Research with the <researchPrerequisite> tag. :)

Quote from: steveuk on May 28, 2014, 06:20:19 PM-snip-
@steveuk thankyou for checking out the mod! I'll be sure to update it with your suggestions!
Oh yeah, right. Whenever I play randy random, I guess I'm playing it for the survival mode and not attackers. so raiders and visitors are rare. I guess I'll put up another notes. if you want more enemies and traders  you should play classic :D
Quote from: WolfgangPolska on May 27, 2014, 01:12:53 PM
Add embrasures please :)
@WolfgangPolska hmmm.. we have the embrasures mod right? or you mean to integrate it to TTM? :D

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 27, 2014, 06:15:45 PM-snip-
@Crimsonknight2 dude, thanks for the idea. :D
I'm really sorry about the incompatibilities, the mod changes a lot of core defs. Its meant to be played alone. and I don't know how to make it auto like how Ty made the xmls.

as for now, I was doing this so I couldn't go check the forum out.
Ciao, I'll update this when I get back. Thankyou so much everybody!

spatula

wow, thanks for the inspiration kudos.

i'm going to try this out tonight... but I'd love to see a version broken down into elements.. specifically if medbay, "new events", "tech tree" were separate mods.

anyway, I'll play tonight and let you know how it goes!

Kumai0214

I love the random events. Especially the meat jerky one, that one made me laugh. Also the rescue event freaked the hell out of me. I thought something happened when I wasn't looking and all my colonists died in an instant.

rutefly

Im kind of stuck at the start. Trying to make a workstation. It says it needs a MakeDoTool and a drop pod beside the metal. Got the metal. Where do i get hands on this tool thing ?

Kumai0214

To get the MakedoTools, you need to sell the drop pods that are given to you in the beginning of the game and not destroy them

rutefly

Quote from: Kumai0214 on May 29, 2014, 05:49:54 PM
To get the MakedoTools, you need to sell the drop pods that are given to you in the beginning of the game and not destroy them

It is always what is right infront of you that seems the farthest away ^^. It was driving me nuts. Thank you. And this mod is fantastic. Looking forward to see how it develops and interacts with the rest of the mod community when next big patch comes along.

spatula

so i finally played this... and it's fun with some really cool ideas. my favourite were all the random text events- just adds fun flavour to the game, well done. Tech tree felt more organized than stock. Love the turrets, art pieces, torture, medbay... earthquake made me jump. I turned off most of my usual mods (except shield) and it was refreshing to go back to simpler gameplay (ie. no 100 items to build) and in a much more challenging progression...

What I can't do with, is needing a gajillion different parts to build different things, with some only being available via traders who might not even have the bloody one part you need. It took so long just to figure out what I needed for each piece and where to build it- I think it was day 30 before I had solar (using dev mode to supply panels) and still didn't even have a battery because I needed some "battery charging unit" that could only be purchased from a trader...

I don't mind the complexity, but is there any way to simplify this just a bit? Like, instead of "medieval weapons core" and "comms unit module", just "computer chip". I like all the elements in there except the confusing nature of all the part-specific resources.

But really, what I'd like to see is you do a mod just dedicated to text events that could be compatible with other mods. Those were definitely the highlight for me- simple, yet they add so much spirit to the game. Not only did I have a laugh, but grew endeared towards the colonist who kept trying to eat cactus.

other than that, the game semi-freezes (still goes, but i can't do anything except watch) when i go to the loyalty panel on the colonists... maybe something to do with the fear tech? Not sure if others have this as well.

But Bravo! I like the mod overall.

loc978

Three playthroughs in with v2 (Cassandra Classic) and I have quite literally never seen a trade ship with this version of the mod enabled (previous ones worked fine). I finish all of the research, scrap my mini research terminal for the comms station part, and wait... so far I've survived a little over 100 days on my 3rd colony (the first two failed) with scrounged weapons, 3 makeshift solar panels and a few scrap batteries. Sure would be nice to be able to build the rest of it.

Am I doing something wrong? I love the concept of having to buy parts that are beyond our ability to manufacture, but it doesn't do me much good when there's no one to trade with.

Addendum: only other mod enabled: power switch
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2890.0

minami26

Hello Guys, Update v2.1 is now Out! get it while its hot! it addresses the issues left in v2 and Balanced the traders so that they will appear as often as needed! do tell if you think that they are appearing too often.

Check out the main post to know how to use these combustible structures!

Here's a changelog for v2.1:

v2.1
-New-
Oil! although I'm treating it as gas, but it's combustible so legit.
get it from an OilDeposit near you!
New Buildings:
Grill,Fireplace,OilTank,OilLamp,GasGenerator.
New Food:
ApobeSalad,BasicDish,GrilledFood,SmokedMeat.
New Resources:
PreparedMeat,Oil.
Added Oil as trading material.
Added Chronicled Artistry and TTM FearTech Custom Thoughts.
Added Custom Thoughts based on events.
Added First Set of Research upgrades:
+FireProofLifeSupportSystems
+BioEfficiencyII
+GunPostHP+
+ImprovisedTurretHP+
+T500Hack

-Fix-
Fixed Sunlamp inconsistencies.
Put Creating Sunlamp construct to Advanced Modifier only.
Tweaked EclipseSubEventA(Feral) Incident to not say "Mechanoids"
Tweaked Annihilation(DestroyerofWorlds) Incident Letter condition checker.
Fixed FoodPack string error.
Tweaked incident favorability factor and added incident intervals.
Tweaked RageVirus(UnknownCalamity) Incident to make uncontrollable colonists automatically controllable again.

-Balance-
Increased Traders Chance
(They now come as often)
Increased Raiders Chance
(They attack more often in RandyRandom)
Increased Eclipse and SolarFlare Subevents chance
(so that they are more scary when Eclipse and solar flares happen)
Increased Visitor Incidents chance.
Medicine Cabinet HP heal reduced to 10-35hp per click.
(it shouldnt really heal you that much.)

Changes:
Food Preparation Table is now using a new recipe in use for the new Food with the Fireplace and griller.
reduced sand fertility to 0.0001
(I like my desert clear as pearls and you are going to be too.)
Removed corny comments on research.
Rubble Walls doesn't drop slagdebris anymore.

Also, can somebody suggest any kind of Research Building Upgrades that you'd like to have? the first research set is the only ones i'd really like to have upgraded.