[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minami26

Quote from: Kumai0214 on May 29, 2014, 12:00:54 PM
I love the random events. Especially the meat jerky one, that one made me laugh. Also the rescue event freaked the hell out of me. I thought something happened when I wasn't looking and all my colonists died in an instant.

I know right! even I love reading the messages when I play a colony. I really love the Prisoner messages and Colonists, they make me fuzzy inside knowing what they think, and sometimes they fit too! hilarious!
and the events! URGHH! makes you go WTF! hahaha. thanks for checking out my mod!

Quote from: spatula on May 30, 2014, 01:35:17 AM
I don't mind the complexity, but is there any way to simplify this just a bit? Like, instead of "medieval weapons core" and "comms unit module", just "computer chip". I like all the elements in there except the confusing nature of all the part-specific resources.

other than that, the game semi-freezes (still goes, but i can't do anything except watch) when i go to the loyalty panel on the colonists... maybe something to do with the fear tech? Not sure if others have this as well.

Yeah, Everything can be daunting at first. The mod needs getting used to. I had that complexity feeling too when I first played the mod with Rimcraft.
What I had in mind when using a "medieval weapons core" and "comms unit module", is you need to have the Machine first, but you also have to buy its data. Like a Desktop computer has the hardware and software. plus the Covering or case of the machine in which case is the construct of a particular building.

About that game-freezing, it's in the Thoughts Tab in each colonist right? I've never experienced that, can you give me the save file for that?

Thankyou so much for the feedback! after all the text incident and others are your ideas kudos to you too!

Quote from: loc978 on May 30, 2014, 04:16:35 AM
I have quite literally never seen a trade ship with this version of the mod enabled.

Pardon the lack of trader ships in version 2. it was my lack of testing that made that happen, Version 2.1 now has increased trader ships passing by.

JinxWolf

I must say, even though I myself have not downloaded this mod yet, it seems fantastic! You've really got something here. I'll probably downloading this in the near future or so.

I do have a question though, will there any stage be compatibility or integration with any other mod? Just so that they may all coincide?

minami26

Quote from: JinxWolf on May 31, 2014, 11:53:09 AM
I do have a question though, will there any stage be compatibility or integration with any other mod? Just so that they may all coincide?

For compatibility to happen, It will first focus on the techtree.
it would need to make all other mods have the techtree configuration.
making it automatic just like how Tynan did with the mod integration is very hard. because I don't know how it works yet. in the near future when Tynan Adds more configurable stuff on the core game then it might be a possibility. But putting it in their specific research tree, is in another level.
For now it will just focus on itself.

The features (customevents,oil,meds) are a different story though, im going to make separate downloads on them if everybody asks for them.

I might consider getting the popular mods and work them together, or is that cheap? :D haha.

beeeeber

Please make a proper presentation of your mod. Seems nice, but my eyes are crying when i read your post ! Delete the old stuff, dont center your texte and make a proper list of your addition :)

steveuk

I am having another test game with your excellent mod and will post any bugs/suggestions. Glad you fixed the trader and look forward to wood appearing in game.

SpiritedCanine

I'm not using adfly or anything that requires me to download "software". I had an earlier version and loved it but I can wait.
Don't get mad at me for stupid stuff!

Tuvka

I would like to know whether this magnificent mod be updated for alpha 4?

madpluck

Jeeze. Give the mod creators some time, dude. The update came out a day ago and they have lives. You'll know when the 20 mods you're playing with are updated because the title of the post will be updated to say "Alpha4" instead of "Alpha3."

spatula

i played again (pre-oil release) and found it a bit better that time (turned off all other mods- didn't get crashes)... i really like this mod, but i think it would be so much more powerful to release these as smaller, more cross-compatible mods.... and then have the "tech tree" be a main mod that ties them together with the majority of your specialized items so it's more the "game-changer" and your smaller-but-very-cool creations could get more play.

Like, if the medbay and text events were their own mods, one could mix and match those with other mods easier.

It's a case where I really like the ambition in this mod- I don't see any other single modder that is digging as deep as you at this stage which is awesome, but I have to chose to play this mod or play a combination of others.... and that's my biggest holdback on playing more (literally having to click off all mods sounds so lazy, but seems like work).

Gameplay wise, it took a LONG time to get everything up and running and I'm pretty sure I cheated (only a bit though) with dev mode to get some items. If there is a way to hail trader ships at least...

Crazytoast42

I was doing really great, and this mod is amazing. I love the tech tree and all the stuff. The reliance on traders is really frustrating at the start, but once you gather enough stuff and the right trader swoops in, you're set for what you need.

I was doing great when a random event happened. "An unknown calamity" caused all but one of my colonists to go hostile. There was not a thing I could have done.
Now, I love all of the random events, and the moon meteor one was scary, but exciting. This one? It completely gutted my thriving colony, and there wasn't some strategy to prevent it.
It completely killed the fun of the mod with one roll of the dice. Could that event be removed or toned down to maybe a handful of colonists defect? I enjoy this mod, but that was greatly frustrating to have happen.

minami26

Hi Guys!
As promised here is Alpha4E Compatible Tech Tree Minami v2.2
I have tested it thoroughly, hope that there would be no problems anymore. If you encounter any errors please post here!

I have separated the Tech Tree Minami [Custom Events] here!
It is not bundled with this mod anymore.

I have changed a lot of things in this version, due to many additions on Alpha 4. Look at the Changelog for notes on what I have added!

Check out the main page for New Features!

Here's a changelog for v2.2
v2.2
Changes:
Alpha4 compatibility
Changed Some requirements to wooden planks and logs
Put buildings in respective categories
replaced fireplace texture
removed ttm fertilizer pump
removed "de-synthesize slag debris" option in metal synthesizer
removed MedicineCabinet, Research Console
Rubble wall now needs scattered rocks
Some buildings now need WoodTables and Metal Tables.
Im so hungry and im making this changelog.
Equipped with Project Armory v2.06!
Pilum/Pila can now be made in the NeolithicWeapons Kit
Removed Medieval Weaponator and Research
Moved Crossbow to NeolithicWeaponsKit
Removed FoodPack, switched to MealSurvivalPack which can be sold to traders.
Re-Added Gun Sounds to their weapons:
Barrett GunSound
Crossbow GunSound
MA5D GunSound
M41A GunSound

Moved Tech Tree Minami [Custom Events] to a Separate Mod:
Check it out on:
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3859.0

NEW:
Utility Device
moved Medicine Cabine and Research Console uses here.

added new Option:
CALL ORDER VESSEL costs 400silver to Signal.
-Calls for an CallOrder Vessel that sells all of the trader items at high prices.
All trade item prices are now normalized for passingships.

Scattered Rocks:
This is required for rubble walls.
Can be made at the stonecutting table.

Put the new buildings and researches to their respective techtree branch.
Made the new buildings also have their respective item requirements.
Reduced WoodPlank Making time in HandSawmill

Icemourne

Got this mod for the first time. I cant seem to find any Makedo Tools? I also have 3 drop pods just sitting there. So I'm stuck.

Edit: I also can't get the fireplace to work. I have 3 grills to the left, right and top of it filled with food. Nothing happens.

Tuvka

Quote from: Icemourne on June 06, 2014, 12:13:06 PM
Got this mod for the first time. I cant seem to find any Makedo Tools? I also have 3 drop pods just sitting there. So I'm stuck.

Edit: I also can't get the fireplace to work. I have 3 grills to the left, right and top of it filled with food. Nothing happens.
I spent so too, and then explained to me that these should sell 3 drops pods.
So sell them and get pleasure from super fashion :)

Icemourne

Quote from: Tuvka on June 06, 2014, 02:21:59 PM
Quote from: Icemourne on June 06, 2014, 12:13:06 PM

I spent so too, and then explained to me that these should sell 3 drops pods.
So sell them and get pleasure from super fashion :)

That made very little sense. At least i found out you had to deconstruct the drop pods. Still dont know how to get my fireplace going.

Tuvka

When it points to the thing you're going to build, then you lack the words and where taken. There are details that you can sooner or later create itself, and there are details that you can only buy from the merchants.