[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minami26

Quote from: audixas on September 17, 2014, 04:38:36 AM
Hey there! Really cool mod, I am enjoying it a lot. But there is one thing that destroys this mod for me: the need to rely on traders. It's already like a month and my pawns are still eating raw food (or the grilled stuff that they make once in a week), they cannot research, because the only research table must be used for comms console and the cluttery stuff is out question. 1100 silver for the fabricator? There isn't enough silver on the whole map! I don't feel any encouragement to play until this is fixed.

I did put on the title that this mod will annihilate you
So thats what it actually meant. I wanted to emphasize early game to be survival mode. You have to work hard to survive and craft sellable materials to be on top. So take your time this mod is a game changer. :)

thefinn

Goo Poni

Hey there! Really cool mod, I am enjoying it a lot. But there is one thing that destroys this mod for me: the need to rely on traders. It's already like a month and my pawns are still eating raw food (or the grilled stuff that they make once in a week), they cannot research, because the only research table must be used for comms console and the cluttery stuff is out question. 1100 silver for the fabricator? There isn't enough silver on the whole map! I don't feel any encouragement to play until this is fixed.
One. Grow berries. I'm pretty sure they don't inflict raw food mood debuffs.

Two. Hunt. Prepare meat at the food station, grill it, then cook it up into a dish. Otherwise, use the code done by minami, it's a few posts back, to allow the cultivation of agave and create salads. If you get a Buzzant hive appear through the custom events, don't destroy it. Pen them into an area with plenty of space (or just build a 5x5 room around the hive itself) and you will forever have a supply of meat long after you run out of deer/muffalo/iguanas/megascarabs. If you just cage them into the hive, they starve and you don't even need to hunt them. Just collect the corpses and dice them up, burn the dessicated ones.

Three. Disassemble the comms. Do enough research to unlock the regular research bench first. You will require a part bought from traders to finish building it, but don't make a comms console until then, you're only gonna end up needing to take it apart. Short on cash? Use excess metal to create the three tools (hammers, tongs, curtail tools) and then you can craft those tools into toolboxes. Sell toolboxes to traders. Lots of rubble? Use a stonecutting table to create figurines and sell those as well.

Four. You should probably leave fabricant stuff alone until you have a pretty hefty reserve of utility metal and regular metal. Placing trash cans everywhere, giving everyone better beds, building the second type of hydroponics because they can be walked upon and then laying down some decor will wreck your utility metal reserves. Make sure you have plenty of the stuff and that no other constructions or workstations need it or everything slows to a crawl as people make 8 utility metal at a time, carry it to a stockpile then immediately carry it to a construction in progress.

Five. You jumped into the mod and thought it'd be a cakewalk and it's not. Minami has done a decent enough job of explaining things in-game with tooltips and indicators of what parts are required in construction and where those parts can be obtained. It's not broken, you're not putting effort into it. I got banned from the last forum of a small indie game because there was always that one guy, same guy every time, who would shitpost in a mod thread complaining about game balance of things that were clearly stated to be not be balanced against vanilla or say that things are broken, dumb or need fixing without going into detail of their issues. Are you gonna be that guy?

audixas

Quote from: Goo Poni on September 17, 2014, 07:55:15 AM
One. Grow berries. I'm pretty sure they don't inflict raw food mood debuffs.

Two. Hunt. Prepare meat at the food station, grill it, then cook it up into a dish. Otherwise, use the code done by minami, it's a few posts back, to allow the cultivation of agave and create salads. If you get a Buzzant hive appear through the custom events, don't destroy it. Pen them into an area with plenty of space (or just build a 5x5 room around the hive itself) and you will forever have a supply of meat long after you run out of deer/muffalo/iguanas/megascarabs. If you just cage them into the hive, they starve and you don't even need to hunt them. Just collect the corpses and dice them up, burn the dessicated ones.

Three. Disassemble the comms. Do enough research to unlock the regular research bench first. You will require a part bought from traders to finish building it, but don't make a comms console until then, you're only gonna end up needing to take it apart. Short on cash? Use excess metal to create the three tools (hammers, tongs, curtail tools) and then you can craft those tools into toolboxes. Sell toolboxes to traders. Lots of rubble? Use a stonecutting table to create figurines and sell those as well.

Four. You should probably leave fabricant stuff alone until you have a pretty hefty reserve of utility metal and regular metal. Placing trash cans everywhere, giving everyone better beds, building the second type of hydroponics because they can be walked upon and then laying down some decor will wreck your utility metal reserves. Make sure you have plenty of the stuff and that no other constructions or workstations need it or everything slows to a crawl as people make 8 utility metal at a time, carry it to a stockpile then immediately carry it to a construction in progress.

Five. You jumped into the mod and thought it'd be a cakewalk and it's not. Minami has done a decent enough job of explaining things in-game with tooltips and indicators of what parts are required in construction and where those parts can be obtained. It's not broken, you're not putting effort into it. I got banned from the last forum of a small indie game because there was always that one guy, same guy every time, who would shitpost in a mod thread complaining about game balance of things that were clearly stated to be not be balanced against vanilla or say that things are broken, dumb or need fixing without going into detail of their issues. Are you gonna be that guy?
Woah! No need to jump to conclusions here! I'm sorry, I might have exaggerated a bit with that post, all I'm saying is if the mod wasn't so reliant on traders, I would be a happy man. And I know what I've signed up for by playing with this mod but I do not see how the inability to buy stuff would anihilate me. With that being said, thanks for the tips.

thefinn

You know the only issue with this mod atm, is there's no way for me to add other mods to it seemlessly.

I know that's asking a lot too - I'm wondering if there's a way though.

Would be great if the user him/herself could add say... Lantern to the mod and have it pop into the right part of the tech tree.

Kitsune

Quote from: thefinn on September 17, 2014, 05:26:54 PM
You know the only issue with this mod atm, is there's no way for me to add other mods to it seemlessly.

I know that's asking a lot too - I'm wondering if there's a way though.

Would be great if the user him/herself could add say... Lantern to the mod and have it pop into the right part of the tech tree.

Thats impossible. ;) And take it close, its possible for the user him/herself to add things from other mods if its not deep in the code from the mod and only in the xml files, you can easyly copy it and make it compatible. Its the way i worked on the clutter mod befor minami added it to the main mod. You only need a little bit understanding(as i started with the compatiblity patches i had no understanding^^) and patience.

But by the way i dont say its fast and easy sometimes its hard work. ;D

Killa

Hey I'm getting a problem activating the mod, the game stops responding and just freezes up. I've waited over 20 mins and it wont start back up, the game will run other mods fine and the same rimworld file will run fine on my laptop so I'm assuming it's not agreeing with something on my pc. Is there anything else you need to know to give me an idea as to what is wrong?

minami26

Quote from: Killa on September 18, 2014, 08:51:06 AM
Hey I'm getting a problem activating the mod, the game stops responding and just freezes up. I've waited over 20 mins and it wont start back up, the game will run other mods fine and the same rimworld file will run fine on my laptop so I'm assuming it's not agreeing with something on my pc. Is there anything else you need to know to give me an idea as to what is wrong?

Hello there, this usually happens when you unload mods and install TTM. You can try to refresh your RimWorld configurations by deleting the config folder in the ludeon/rimworld folder in the appdata/locallow location in your computer.
I just updated the descriptions in the Q&A part of the FAQ. You can follow the instructions in the FAQ section in the main post .

Killa

Thnx for the help but I've been deleting the Ludeon folder everytime I attempt to activate the mod as my rimworld crashes on startup while the mod is active. To clarify: I activate the mod, the game crashes and then continues to crash whenever I start the game until I delete Ludeon as I think the mod is still active.

Killa

Just left the game on not responding while I went out for about an hour and a half and it's loaded. No idea what's going on but if you could suggest something that would be great as it's going to take about that long every time I load the game up.

StorymasterQ

This sounds extremely familiar... Do a search on that program's name and see all the problems it's causing everyone.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Killa

Well deleting Hamachi seems to have helped somehow. Thnx for the tip.

minami26

Hello guys new update, please do try it!
it contains a lot of new stuff.

I'm gonna release this now in case someone wants to play with it. TTM will take a while to update in alpha7 because of massive changes in constructing things, and I will make TTM modular so that you guys can disable mods you don't want just like how I made MAI just a file with a patch, with this you can individually disable mods you dont want. I might separate TTM to more individual pieces too.

Here's a changelog on the new stuff, incase you want to know what the new stuff are and what they do:
v2.9 Power/Food/AnimHusbandry/New Textures + MAI!

New Textures by LordJulian!!

o Fabricator
o Advanced Modifier
o Signal Beacon
o Medicine Cabinet
o Missile Launcher
o Fear Tech Buildings
o Mechanoid Cocoon
o Net Trap
o T500 Turret
o WeaponsCache
o BlastDoor
o Machinarium

Added new mod:

Haplo's MAI.
- Research Unlocked after Machining
Added an Energy core requirement that is gained from Dissambling Mechanoids.

Added Well: Unlocked after Pneumatics
RainBarrel: Unlocked after HSRGD
MoistureBrellas: Unlocked after MakeshiftContraptions
The well yields water every few hours.
the RainBarrel will accumulate water for a day then you can eject water.
the moisturebrellas holds moisture from the air and from time to time provide little water in a few hours, can only build 3 at a time. Wells provide a constant water supply and you can stop it, can only build 1 at a time.

--Water is also treated as food but with very low nutrition.

Fish Pen: Unlocked after MakeShiftContraptions
or you can go get a net and build a "Fishing Net" on deep water near the edges of shallow water.
after half a day it will be loaded with fish, you can then right click on the net with a colonist to make it yield fish. make sure to follow the Arrow on it to know where the fish will drop. it has an automated function upgrade unlocked after biotech.

New Building:
Cooking Pot: Unlocked after HSRGD
- The Cooking pot makes soup! yummy soup.
Soup - Water, and any other ingredients.
Brothy Soup - Water, and 1 veggies and 1 meat.
Excellent Soup - Same as Brothy soup but needs higher cooking skill.
*Soup can also be made on the cooking station.

Comfortable Matt: A simple and comfier sleeping place than the ground. Unlocked after HSRGD
Rest Effectiveness: 84

New FoodRecipes: at the FoodPrepStation & Fireplace
Sashimi
Grilled Fish: Put fish in the fireplace!

New Power Generation Buildings:
Oil Refinery: The Oil Deposit can now be built on, using an Oil Refinery the Oil refinery will provide 4200Energy and will provide oilcans that will provide 3x more burning duration than regular oil. --Biotech

WindCompressor: Using the high wind velocity in RimWorld this windCompressor utilizes frequent strong winds that provide a strong push within its central turbine and turn this into energy. --Makeshift

DesertFilm: the Desert film siphons heat on portions of sand in turn boils filtered moisture within in core engine and provides ample amount of energy. --Makeshift

Machinarium: mechanoid cores are still powered why not harness this power to provide energy to the colony. --Machinery

Animal Husbandry v2
all RimWorld animals are now tamable and will breed.

Changes:
New ClassicalArt and ModernArt Texture.
Agave can now be cultivated in the hydroponics basin.
Reduced grilled food requirements to 6pieces.
Changed CompactBattery Requirements to metal.
Changed Weapons smelting into one whole general recipe.
Cotton plant will now yield Cloth instead of cotton.
Made Carpets require Cloth.
Made Beds require Cloth.
Metal Synthesizer Weapon Smelting is now generalized to all weapons to avoid missing weapons.

Fix:
Corpses not getting buried in a Grave.
Tribal Mask not craftable.
Fixed wrong worktable priorities.

Kitsune

Shiny new version, looks good. ;D I take a look on it if i get time and motivation to play rimworld. :-[

Karnej

I just encountered the Killing Darkness event and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I was able to safely get to light but the event lasted so long that all my workers just went crazy or starved to death. It was a good 7 or 8 mins before the last guy died. I could always try making a safe room with ample food and stuff but around a heat vent but I feel like that's overkill.