Option To Change Default Ingredient Range

Started by PreDiabetic, July 25, 2017, 12:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreDiabetic

It's easy. 9999 Range is not realistic in anyway. Maybe in option menu you can change DEFAULT range to something like 20-30 so they will not walk all the way to end of map to grab some chunks to craft stone.
Of course you can make it 9999 if you want from bill menu but default need option to change.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

BlackSmokeDMax

+3

And...

As long as we are talking about changing that, I'd love to see the ability to just type in a number as well. Once I know the exact number I want for a bill, (and assuming similar bills at the same bench will be the same range) it would sure be a lot easier to type it in rather than drag the slider and have it get all jumpy right around where I want to set it.

Aerial

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on July 25, 2017, 02:59:33 PM

As long as we are talking about changing that, I'd love to see the ability to just type in a number as well. Once I know the exact number I want for a bill, (and assuming similar bills at the same bench will be the same range) it would sure be a lot easier to type it in rather than drag the slider and have it get all jumpy right around where I want to set it.

This applies to everything with a slider.  For example, setting up drug policies is incredibly tedious due to having to finagle the sliders around rather than just being able to type in the numbers.

And +1 to the OP's suggestion.  As well, when you type in the number, a circle should be drawn on the map showing what that range looks like, visible only when you have the bill open.