Help With Mod Load Order

Started by bolbies, July 25, 2017, 08:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bolbies

I recently started a new colony after updating to A17 and as my colony grows I get more repetitive errors. I'm hoping it's just due to my load order. Does this look fine?

Core
HugsLib
Psychology
AllowTool
Autoclose Event Notifications
Cooks Can Refuel
Hand Me That Brick
ICanFixIt
StackXXL
Mending
ReclaimFabric-ReclaimFabric1.9
TechAdvancing
WM Reuse Pods
LongRangePodLauncher
Miscellaneous_Core
Miscellaneous_Robots
Robots_PlusPlus_Misc_Robots_Xtension
Miscellaneous_Objects
StackMerger
QualityFix-1.0.17b.0.0
[A17] XeoNovaDan's Surgery Tweaks
Organ thoughts
More Vanilla Turrets
[A17] Shooting Skill Rebalanced
MadSkills-A17-2.0.0
PowerSwitch
Quicksaver
RBSE - Lite Edition 1.7
ADogSaid-full A17
Blueprints
FollowMe
TilledSoil
RT_Fuse-A17-1.0.6
VeinMiner
Harvest Everything!
EdBPrepareCarefully
Antimatter Power
Hospitality
MiningShaftA16
Furnace-0.17.1546
Miscellaneous_TrainingFacility
RW_RefugeeStats
Cruise Missile Turret
sns
SimpleSidearms-1.2.0
Glitterworld Medicine Crafting
JTDrill5Eva
MoreTradeShips
OHU-Dropships-1.34
BillysCaravanFormation
BillysLoadTransportPods
QualityBuilder
OmniLocator
Miniaturisation
RuntimeGC

SpaceDorf

I can see nothing out of the ordinary,

but I would put misc tools in front of the robots and have a look at that mod with a16 in front of it :)

Without a more detailed description of which errors you get it is pretty hard to tell who is the culprit and why.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

skullywag

Would be nice if we could see said errors, you got logs you can post?

o/ - hey again Spacedorf.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

milon

See link in my sig if you need help finding the log file

Canute

Or just use the "share log" button from hugslib. :-)

bolbies

Here is the whole output log. They include "started 10 jobs in one tick", which happens when visitors come. Obviously that comes from the Hospitality mod. The other is when an ER or Omni bot from Misc Robots ++ tends to a patient, they drop it after treating each wound. The last has something to do with making meals. Thank you for helping out!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzd6iujet7v6psc/output_log.txt?dl=0

Hikitsune-Red

If you want a small and quick tip, try putting the mods in order of what they change.

While I haven't had too many mods that conflict with each other (user of 98 simultaneous mods, myself) I can say that there are a few things on your list that I would (at least) reconsider, like letting Psychology be so high in the load order, or Prepare Carefully not being last.

My load order in full...

Before I get ahead of myself, back to my first comment; Consider using ModList Backup, as this will allow a little more flexibility in maintaining load order, as well as backing-up your current LO so that it isn't ruined if you choose to add a new mod.
When ordering the mods, consider using a similar model to the order I go in (I even added "empty" mods as separators to look nice, they are the mods in the above list that start with "======")  :

• Core ~ The "Core" mod, as well as Libraries and tools required by other mods
  • Base-System Overwrites ~ Mods that overwrite base game functionality in a small way, such as map generation, camera control, animal behavior, et cetera
  • Pawn Customization Additions ~ Mods that add hair, clothing, or only a couple traits, as these create small changes
  • Additional Content ~ Mods that add considerable assets such as new rocks, furniture, or weaponry
  • Additional Systems ~ Mods that add considerable new code such as EPOE, A Dog Said..., or Hospitality
  • Things That Must Go Last... ~ Mods that either claim to need to go last, or only logical require such, things such as Psychology, some of Rainbeau's mods, Prepare Carefully, and patches

The unfortunate truth is that there is often not a "one-size fits all" solution, as everyone is going to a have a varying LO that works for their setup. That being said, keeping your LO more organized than your room is a great place to start.

I hope that this helps you mitigate your issues in some way. Good luck troubleshooting and bug-squashing!

SpaceDorf

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Omni Bot (Tier 5), Job=TendPatient A=Thing_Human4180065 B=Thing_HerbalMedicine4180216, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at[color=red] Psychology.Harmony.TendUtility_TendPatch.BleedingHeartThought [/color](Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn) <0x00015>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.TendUtility.DoTend_Patch1 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,RimWorld.Medicine) <0x004b6>
at RimWorld.Toils_Tend/<FinalizeTend>c__AnonStorey260.<>m__53 () <0x000e4>
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () <0x002d9>
lastJobGiver=AIRobot.X2_JobGiver_Work, curJob.def=TendPatient, curDriver=RimWorld.JobDriver_TendPatient

This one looks like a cross between robots++ and psychology, because of either a trait that the medical able robots gained, or a sickness that they try to treat but can't
maybe in addition to that on a guest defined by hospitality.

Mays started 10 jobs in one tick. newJob=GuestImproveRelationship A=Thing_Human3663210 jobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work jobList=(GuestImproveRelationship A=Thing_Human3663210) (GuestImproveRelationship A=Thing_Human3663210) (GuestImproveRelationship A=Thing_Human3663210) (GuestImproveRelationship A=Thing_Human3663210) (GuestImproveRelationship A=Thing_Human3663210) (GuestImproveRelationship A=Thing_Human3663210) (GuestImproveRelationship A=Thing_Human3663210) (GuestImproveRelationship A=Thing_Human3663210) (GuestImproveRelationship A=Thing_Human3663210) (GuestImproveRelationship A=Thing_Human3663210) (GuestImproveRelationship A=Thing_Human3663210)  lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work

this one is a bug of hospitality which is worked on at the moment,
it applies to colonists rushing visitors without stopping ..

bolbies

@SpaceDorf: What's weird about that is none of the patients have the bleeding heart trait to treat, so I don't know why they're trying to.

@Hikitsune-Red: I am trying it out now!

Edit: reorganizing my load order seems to have fixed the error about the meals so that's one down. Thanks Hikitsune-Red!

SpaceDorf

Not the Treated Pawn, But the Medi-Bots seem to have problems with the call on the trait, or the check if they have it ..
but since they have no traits at all psychology throws a exception.

Ask in the robots++ or Haplos Misc. Obj. Thread for help ..

bolbies

Well that's weird because in the load order Psychology was above Robots++ so I don't get why they have a problem with it. I put the error on the forum a couple days ago but so far there hasn't been a response yet.