(FIXED) Caravan/Transport pod load list blank I'm trapped on one grid of map.

Started by ChampBurgundy, July 26, 2017, 02:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChampBurgundy

Hello. After 175 hours working on this colony I would really like to be able to leave my base.
I am new to this forum. have been playing Rimworld since A15 but this is first time needing help.
I'm sure I will not have all required information in this post but if you can tell me what is missing I will try and supply it.

Problem-- I have 12 launch pads with launch pods. they are fully fueled with 150 chemfuel. I also have 4 pads and pods not attached to original group fully fueled. When I select the group of 12 pods and select load launch group the list is blank other than the  reset, accept and cancel. Both tabs show no people or items to load.
What am I doing wrong?
I would like to load the load pods with my attack wave and supply them with blocks,beds and food.

Past Problem-- I have hauling bots. at some point in the game the Bots and my people stopped hauling, they would sit idle when items needed to be hauled. Selecting the items and using "haul urgently" or making them move items manually would get people to move but still not bots. I have dogs that will still move all items around but this could be an issue.
I tried messing with the animal zones but everything would stop hauling and putting the areas back did not restore dog hauling so kept current zones.

Any help would be a bonus and pls tell me any info you could use to help. Thanks for reading all the trash I wrote.
I am sending out a walking party and going to see if I need more than one "base" open to send pods.

The answer to sending out a group to another tile and building launch pods is a bust now.

As it turns out I cannot form a caravan that list is blank as well. my old save from the start of the month is also having the issue.
Started new game with exact same setup, formed a stockpile and went to make a caravan. The new game with all the same Mods and settings will let me form a caravan but not my current game.

this is what is copied from dev mode window

Exception drawing MinifiedFurniture3077508: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.MinifiedThing.DrawAt (Vector3 drawLoc, Boolean flip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings (Verse.DrawTargetDef drawTarget) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.DynamicDrawManager:DrawDynamicThings(DrawTargetDef)
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Loading game from file San Diego trying with mods Core, Miscellaneous 'CORE', Misc. Robots, Misc. Robots++, Mad Skills, HugsLib, Better Workbench Management, Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.0, EdB Prepare Carefully, Refactored Work Priorities, Efficient Light, Medical Tab, Hospitality, Tilled Soil, Hand Me That Brick, Path Avoid - A17, Hardworking animals A17, Set-Up Camp, I Can Fix It!, Less Rebuff, Vegetable Garden , More Trade Ships, LT-DoorMat, Increased Stack, QualityBuilder, RT Fuse, RimFridge - A17, Barbed Wire, RT's Weapon Pack, Realistic Rooms, Allow Tool, Notifications Archiver, A Dog Said..., [A17] Trading Spot, More Vanilla Turrets, Wildlife Tab, JTReplaceWalls [A17], ED-Embrasures, [sd] advanced powergeneration, and Reasonable Components
Verse.Log:Message(String)
Verse.SavedGameLoader:LoadGameFromSaveFile(String)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__84F()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

QualityBuilder added property to '0' things
Verse.Log:Message(String)
QualityBuilder.ModInitializerComponent:FixedUpdate()

Exception drawing MinifiedFurniture3077508: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.MinifiedThing.DrawAt (Vector3 drawLoc, Boolean flip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings (Verse.DrawTargetDef drawTarget) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.MinifiedThing.CanStackWith (Verse.Thing) <0x0007f>
at RimWorld.TransferableUtility.TransferAsOne (Verse.Thing,Verse.Thing) <0x00639>
at RimWorld.TransferableUtility.TransferableMatching<RimWorld.TransferableOneWay> (Verse.Thing,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.TransferableOneWay>) <0x000a6>
at RimWorld.Dialog_FormCaravan.AddToTransferables (Verse.Thing,bool) <0x0001d>
at RimWorld.Dialog_FormCaravan.AddItemsToTransferables () <0x00056>
at RimWorld.Dialog_FormCaravan.CalculateAndRecacheTransferables () <0x00044>
at RimWorld.Dialog_FormCaravan.PostOpen () <0x00030>
at Verse.WindowStack.Add (Verse.Window) <0x00068>
at RimWorld.Planet.MapParent/<GetGizmos>c__Iterator103.<>m__413 () <0x00064>
at Verse.Command_Action.ProcessInput (UnityEngine.Event) <0x00026>
at Verse.GizmoGridDrawer.DrawGizmoGrid (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Gizmo>,single,Verse.Gizmo&) <0x00823>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0 (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>) <0x00469>
at RimWorld.Planet.WorldInspectPane.DrawInspectGizmos () <0x000cd>
at RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility.ExtraOnGUI (RimWorld.IInspectPane) <0x00062>
at RimWorld.Planet.WorldInspectPane.ExtraOnGUI () <0x00010>
at Verse.WindowStack.WindowStackOnGUI () <0x00065>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x000d7>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x000c6>

Exception filling window for RimWorld.Dialog_FormCaravan: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Dialog_FormCaravan.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4.<>m__1B1 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4:<>m__1B1(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.MinifiedThing.CanStackWith (Verse.Thing) <0x0007f>
at RimWorld.TransferableUtility.TransferAsOne (Verse.Thing,Verse.Thing) <0x00639>
at RimWorld.TransferableUtility.TransferableMatching<RimWorld.TransferableOneWay> (Verse.Thing,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.TransferableOneWay>) <0x000a6>
at RimWorld.Dialog_FormCaravan.AddToTransferables (Verse.Thing,bool) <0x0001d>
at RimWorld.Dialog_FormCaravan.AddItemsToTransferables () <0x00056>
at RimWorld.Dialog_FormCaravan.CalculateAndRecacheTransferables () <0x00044>
at RimWorld.Dialog_FormCaravan.PostOpen () <0x00030>
at Verse.WindowStack.Add (Verse.Window) <0x00068>
at RimWorld.Planet.MapParent/<GetGizmos>c__Iterator103.<>m__413 () <0x00064>
at Verse.Command_Action.ProcessInput (UnityEngine.Event) <0x00026>
at Verse.GizmoGridDrawer.DrawGizmoGrid (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Gizmo>,single,Verse.Gizmo&) <0x00823>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0 (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>) <0x00469>
at RimWorld.Planet.WorldInspectPane.DrawInspectGizmos () <0x000cd>
at RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility.ExtraOnGUI (RimWorld.IInspectPane) <0x00062>
at RimWorld.Planet.WorldInspectPane.ExtraOnGUI () <0x00010>
at Verse.WindowStack.WindowStackOnGUI () <0x00065>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x000d7>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x000c6>

Exception filling window for RimWorld.Dialog_FormCaravan: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Dialog_FormCaravan.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4.<>m__1B1 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4:<>m__1B1(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

ChampBurgundy

Issue resolved thanks to unlimitedhugs(Hugslib) and OrionFive (Hospitality mod).

An issue is known and will be fixed with the next hospitality mod update. a "MinifiedFurniture" error was causing the issue and by editing the save file I was bale to remove the error.
I can now form a caravan and leave my base :~)

Outwise

Can you expound on what edit you made to your save file? I think I'm having the exact same error!

Kale Allerion

[expound]
Ok, I found the issue based on @ChampBurgundy's description.

In my logs i found this issue:
Exception drawing MinifiedFurniture425787: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Hospitality.Harmony.MinifiedThing_Patch/DrawAt.Prefix (RimWorld.MinifiedThing) <0x00016>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.MinifiedThing.DrawAt_Patch1 (object,UnityEngine.Vector3,bool) <0x00014>
at Verse.Thing.Draw () <0x00047>
at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () <0x00010>
at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings (Verse.DrawTargetDef) <0x003f6>

this is the MinifiedFurniture Error he was talking about

i was confused at first but then i looked at the mention of "MinifiedFurniture425787".

i then found in my save file the following:
<thing Class="MinifiedThing">
    <def>MinifiedFurniture</def>
    <id>MinifiedFurniture425787</id>
    <map>0</map>
    <pos>(121, 0, 87)</pos>
    <health>100</health>
    <stackCount>1</stackCount>
    <innerContainer Class="Verse.ThingOwner`1[Verse.Thing]">
        <maxStacks>1</maxStacks>
        <innerList />
    </innerContainer>
</thing>

Notice that it's inner container doesn't have anything in it? this is the null error it was complaining about.
A normal minified thing looks like this:
<li Class="MinifiedThing">
    <def>MinifiedFurniture</def>
    <id>MinifiedFurniture643231</id>
    <health>100</health>
    <stackCount>1</stackCount>
    <innerContainer Class="Verse.ThingOwner`1[Verse.Thing]">
        <maxStacks>1</maxStacks>
        <innerList>
            <li Class="Building_Storage">
                <def>CCPSS_MedicineCabinet</def>
                <id>CCPSS_MedicineCabinet643150</id>
                <health>40</health>
                <stuff>WoodLog</stuff>
                <quality>Normal</quality>
                <taleRef IsNull="True" />
                <desiredMinQualityReaced>False</desiredMinQualityReaced>
                <settings>
                    <priority>Important</priority>
                    <filter>
                        <disallowedSpecialFilters>
                            <li>AllowCorpsesColonist</li>
                            <li>AllowCorpsesStranger</li>
                        </disallowedSpecialFilters>
                        <allowedDefs>
                            <li>Ambrosia</li>
                            <li>GoJuice</li>
                            <li>Luciferium</li>
                            <li>Penoxycyline</li>
                            <li>Flake</li>
                            <li>Yayo</li>
                            <li>SmokeleafJoint</li>
                            <li>WakeUp</li>
                            <li>Beer</li>
                            <li>HerbalMedicine</li>
                            <li>Medicine</li>
                            <li>GlitterworldMedicine</li>
                        </allowedDefs>
                        <allowedHitPointsPercents>0~1</allowedHitPointsPercents>
                        <allowedQualityLevels>Awful~Legendary</allowedQualityLevels>
                    </filter>
                </settings>
            </li>
        </innerList>
    </innerContainer>
</li>

After removing the abnormal minified thing, I reloaded, and voilĂ  my caravans were working again.

[/expound]

TheAndrew1997

Hey dude, i just went trough 170 items with the  <thing Class="MinifiedThing"> modifier to check if any of them are empty like in your case but i couldnt find anything. whats weird in my case is that it works perfectly fine in any tile other then my home tile, where i minified a transport pod, sorry for replying after such a long time.