[Mod Idea] anit drop pods

Started by Austintrollinski, July 26, 2017, 02:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austintrollinski

there need to be a mod to add a AA turret or something like that to shoot down raiders drop pods if they try to land on your base and only a few drop pods that try and land in your base can make it so instead of 10 that land its 4 that make it. the AA should be able to at lest destroy 6 drop pods so if you had 2 AA turrets it be 12 destroyed drop pods so it be useful in big raids using drop pods

Canute

You should try Ed-shields
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18995.msg207264#msg207264
It even can block incoming droppods even these from traders so be careful to turn the shield off.

SpaceDorf

The Idea sounds sensible.

Especially when I can place them in reach of a Siege and shoot down their supplies.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

jamaicancastle

This sounds great (MST3K Crew: "At first!"), but then they get anti-radiation missiles to perform SEAD raids against you, so you have to have fighters on standby, and they send up interceptors and pretty soon RW has turned into Command: Modern Air and Naval Operations.

[edit because I somehow misspelled "MST3K" like an utter chump]

Canute

Don't forget when the Orassan's start to drop their stones on your head (orbital bombardment).

SpaceDorf

That reminds me .. the Star Wars Mod needs a special eclipse event .. "Nope .. It's not a moon "
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.