Indoor Steam Geyser

Started by DynaSchool, July 26, 2017, 09:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DynaSchool

Hello,

I found this bug already reported twice in 2014 and 2015. Tynan mentionned it was fixed, but i just found it again it seems. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12450.msg125384#msg125384

I tried to build a base around a geyser generator inside a mountain. I GodModed the geyser, but that's the only "non vanilla" I've done. The geyser is the very center of the base and is double walled for insulation cause the freezer is just around it.

The temperature when only the geyser was present in an empty room 6x6 with double walls went up to 150°C (crazy hot !) because it was indoor inside the mountain.

As soon as I built the generator above it, it suddenly became outdoor, and the temperature went to normal outdoor temp.

PS : the attachments are 600kb. So, no screenshot. No saved game. Sorry.

lost_RD

I tried to reproduce and failed.

• Mine out an area in a mountain and seal off with walls/door
  • Dev place a geyser
  • Build a geothermal on it

Still indoors

Calahan

Quote from: DynaSchool on July 26, 2017, 09:13:14 PM
PS : the attachments are 600kb. So, no screenshot. No saved game. Sorry.
What format is the screenshot? As if you save it as a .jpeg file then it should be small enough to attach (whereas a .pgn file has no chance).

Likewise for the save game. As a .rws file it will always be too big to attach, but if you compress it using a utility such as 7zip or WinRAR, then you might be able to shrink it enough. If not then please can you use a third parry service such as GoogleDrive or Zippyshare to host the file and then post the download link. This is not an easily reproduced bug, so if you can provide a save game where it's occurring it would really help a lot.

BlackSmokeDMax

Did you build the geothermal to fit within the room with no spare space? If so, that is probably the problem. I think because the geothermal kind of acts as a wall (can't move over it with a pawn) having that next to two deep walls counts as three deep, which I believe by design reverts to outside temps.

Basically... try building the room with at least one tile walking space around the geothermal footprint. Then roof the building. Important that you roof it before building it, they won't be able to roof over the middle once you have built the geothermal generator. Once the roofed room is built with a minimum of 7 x 7 interior space, then build the geothermal generator and see if it is working.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding something.

ison

ison

I think what happened here is that there was no free space left after building the generator. I think it's ok for now, fixing it could be quite tricky. Thanks for reporting.