[MOD] (Alpha 4) Start With more Colonists (discontinued)

Started by Cala13er, May 05, 2014, 05:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cala13er

Start With more Colonists Mod

THIS MOD IS DISCONTINUED

Description:
    As this has been requested many times by many different people, I thought I would make it. This mod gives you the ability to spawn with more than 3 colonists.

The extra colonists will spawn around the edge of the map as their pods landed in different locations to the main 3. ALL extra colonists will spawn with a gun equip.

ChangeLog :
    //v1.1
    --> Now spawns more beds to match the amount of colonists.
    --> Now spawns more food depending on the amount of colonists.
    --> Start with 6 colonists now changes stockpiles to 7 by 7 instead of 5 by 5 (Personal preference)

Downloads:
    Old Versions:

Request another version:
    If you want more colonists just comment below how many colonists you want and I'll make it :)

[/list]

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
    Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Bodog999

Pretty nice. I've always wanted some more colonists to get at the spawn. But I always copy my 3 favorite colonists and replace them with the 3 random starter ones

longbyte1

How about showing a dialog, something along the lines of "How many more colonists should be added?" right after/before they spawn.

Cala13er

Quote from: longbyte1 on May 05, 2014, 07:13:55 PM
    How about showing a dialog, something along the lines of "How many more colonists should be added?" right after/before they spawn.

Hahaha 1 step at a time bro ;)

Vas

I won't use this unless it lets me choose the colonist setup in the starting menu of the game.  So I can rename them and such.  :P
    Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Vas on May 05, 2014, 11:08:14 PM
    I won't use this unless it lets me choose the colonist setup in the starting menu of the game.  So I can rename them and such.  :P
    LOL haha.....
    My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
    "♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

lazerlogic

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

ItchyFlea

Are you able to reduce the number of starting colonists? Would be an interesting challenge to start with just one person.
    All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
    Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

mrofa

Oh damn he cant, just looked at the .dll, but damn thats a sneaky way to get more colonists :D
    Unless to add a extra event where two of colonists get killed.

Lumetta

This Mod doesn't seem to work for me

Mod doesn't seem to work when using Fertile Plains map

ENE

Quote from: ItchyFlea on May 06, 2014, 12:59:02 AM
    Are you able to reduce the number of starting colonists? Would be an interesting challenge to start with just one person.
    you might want to use this http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1646.0 its very very easy to use what you need to do is go to 'Colonist editor' then choose any colonist you dont want and edit their health to '0' - save then go back choose 'file' then save---- finish :D-------- hope this useful ;)

mrofa

Quote from: Lumetta on May 06, 2014, 02:52:44 AM
    This Mod doesn't seem to work for me

Mod doesn't seem to work when using Fertile Plains map

Becouse both mods use map generator xml.
    You would need to replace line 257 in fertile plains with line from more colonists in BaseMapGenerators.xml

ENE

Could you mod this to 20 colonist at start (If possible)