Received Name in Game as gift, Backer tier not my email

Started by kronicpayne, July 27, 2017, 10:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kronicpayne

My husband gave me Name in Game as a gift.  I received the gift as an email months ago.  I finally tried to login to create my name, and it says that I have no backer tier associated with my email.  How do I go about getting my character name in the game?  Do I have to get him to do it?

Calahan

As far as I understand it, the system used to check email addresses is case sensitive in relation to how the email address was originally submitted. So for example if your husband submitted your email as "[email protected]", and you are inputting "[email protected]", then the system won't recognise it because of the capitalised letters in the second email address (compared to the first).

So first thing I'd suggest would be to try a few case variants of your email address to see if that is the problem (if your husband can't remember how he submitted it). If that doesn't get you anywhere then the next option would be to send an email to Ludeon Support [email protected] , explaining the issue you are having. I'm sure the latter will sort this out for you if the former bears no fruit.