How do I properly make a start in stock exchange?

Started by top_hat_tomato, July 27, 2017, 11:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

top_hat_tomato

I know the maths more than I know the technicality of getting started with everything. Dividends? Hedge? Also, generally what (reasonably priced) stocks or general fields are more safe than average and what should I stay away from?

SpaceDorf

If you know the maths, then you also know that you screw everyone else by stock trading.
You are helping to create money from nothing, speed up inflation and line the pockets of rich shareholders and high finance executives, while generating unrealistc expectations from the actual company.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Crow_T

Financial advice to/from strangers and friends is a slippery slope for sure. But, some good resources are:
http://www.investopedia.com/
and if you want to ask a community try https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/  there is also a ton of good reading in the sidebar. It's hard to give advice because everyone has different needs and willingness to take risks. What I would say is give it some serious research because there are a ton of options. Also, some investing websites have not only investing info but they show the returns/risks of their offerings pretty openly. And, although they can't give advice, some firms have really good phone support if you have questions about specific plans even if you aren't a customer.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Kegereneku

In theory: buy low, sell high
In practice: you are going to loose unless you have insider knowledge that escape the software from trading company. Those company AI have AI meant precisely to screw with everybody else.

Also, if you ask random stranger what to do over something like this, I would say you are not ready for trading.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

milon

Invest everything in the SlingShot water purifier!! *

* I know NOTHING about investments. Please don't take this seriously.