Need help with mod list

Started by Syotic, July 28, 2017, 08:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syotic

So i'm not sure if its because I have too many mods or a bunch of them conflict in some way but every time I redo my mod list something goes wrong with the game where either clicking on menus makes it crash or it just crashes randomly whenever it feels like.

So if anyone knows the best way to order my mods so it doesnt happen and/or if there are mods I don't need or could get rid of I would appreciate it greatly thanks.

Mod list screenshots:
https://ibb.co/album/d3Npka

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

milon

I think this will get a better answer in the Mods subforum, so I'll move it over there.

Syotic

Quote from: milon on July 28, 2017, 08:13:13 AM
I think this will get a better answer in the Mods subforum, so I'll move it over there.

Yeh I wasn't sure where would be best so thanks :)

Hikitsune-Red

You appear to have quite a few mods, and I don't have time to sift through them myself.

That being said, a previous post of mine can might help lower your chance of issues, or at least get you visualizing what may be causing the issue.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34657.msg355143#msg355143

SpaceDorf

I found the problem !

It's right there :

Module 16
G:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\steam_api.dll
Image Base: 0x65590000  Image Size: 0x00031000
File Size:  186560      File Time:  2017-02-11_000548
Version:
   Company:    Valve Corporation
   Product:    Steam Client API
   FileDesc:   Steam Client API
   FileVer:    2.89.45.4
   ProdVer:    1.0.0.1

seriously though .. pics of the modlist and the error log you posted don't help ..
What would be more helpful was if you included the modlist.xml from the ludeon folder ( next to your savegames )
and screenshots or copy of the error log you get on startup or by using the devmode log ingame.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Syotic

Okay so I've had a look and cant find a modlist.xml all I can see is a modsconfig.xml and it just contains a list of numbers as all my mods are steam workshop.

here is the link to the devmode log though https://gist.github.com/308c8d016f30837a5f578a9dbc2ab8ca

and this is a screenshot of what happens the most when rimworld loads https://ibb.co/bDhkkQ

I hope this is of more help.

SpaceDorf

First .. Congratulations. Your List is longer than mine.

If you read the output log, there is your modlist with names ...

This is know to make problems with minions/RimSlaves and other animal mods ..
-> Pawns Play Together: PawnsPlayTogether(1.0.0.0)
as does this
-> Hardworking animals A17: (no assemblies)

also i think I saw something, that does not play well with, but I am not sure .. 
-> Mad Skills: 0Harmony(1.0.9.1), MadSkills(0.0.0.0)

obsolete with fertile fields
-> Tilled Soil: (no assemblies)

I think this is not stable yet as well ..
-> Yes, Vehicles: (no assemblies)

also I did'nt see help tab in the list, but the init log implies it is there, does not play nice sometimes and disturbs or resets overwritten defs ..

finally psychologie does not play nice with the skill change and less doomed mods .. and maybe some others.
I have to admit, there are some mods on on steam I don't know .. yet

there are multiple robot mods, that make each other obsolete in my oppionion ..
and after reaching the end of the log it looks like you managed to install to many mods.

the game crashes because it can't allocate enough memory ( more than 4gigs ) as it seems ..

DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 1 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 48392427.
DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 2 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 48392427.
DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 3 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 48392427.
DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 4 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 48392427.
DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocation 48392427!
Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 48392427B with 16 alignment. MemoryLabel: TempOverflow
Allocation happend at: Line:177 in
Memory overview
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.