[1.1] Real Fog of War (v1.8.0) - The Unknown

Started by Luka Kama, July 29, 2017, 12:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

DJMurtz could you please post your HugsLib error report so that we can help further? Error snippets don't always show the best picture. Also, for the comp oversized weapon, are you using Lightsabers or Forsaken mod? I think I remember them using those. Although I'm sure others do as well. Also, I would recommend that you try the game with only Core and Fog of War, and see if you still have the same issues. If not, then you have a mod conflict.

EDIT: Also to the author - could we get any rough estimates on how this mod affects performance? I feel like I am right at the threshold of what I would call performance acceptability. And I really want to play with this mod, but was curious about it's load on the CPU.

Also, could we ever have an option to start with the map "explored" but still have the fog of war? I ask because I almost always use a mountain base, and from what I can recall, I want to say it looked like I was going to have issues using my More Planning mod to plan out squares into the mountain where I had not yet mined, so there was still a fog over them. Don't quote me on that last part, but I want to say that's how I remember it looking, and thinking about how it may give me some issues down the line. However the more I think about it, I want to say that vanilla behaves this way as well, having any parts of the mountain "undiscovered" until you mine to them.

DJMurtz

I have another "bug" report that I am not sure is caused by this mod, but I will investigate. I figured I'd report it anyway, since it might be related, and it might be that you know what I'm talking about and know how to fix this.

It seems that if I mark multiple animals for taming, and the animals are not within line of sight, there's a constant stutter every x seconds due to (I guess?) some kind of extreme pathing calculations going on? As soon as I cancel the taming, the stutter goes away, and the stutter also becomes less as I reduce the number of animals marked for taming (I'm talking about 1 to 4 marked animals, with a noticable difference in stutter between having one or four marked).

DJMurtz

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 10, 2018, 01:35:27 PM
DJMurtz could you please post your HugsLib error report so that we can help further? Error snippets don't always show the best picture. Also, for the comp oversized weapon, are you using Lightsabers or Forsaken mod? I think I remember them using those. Although I'm sure others do as well. Also, I would recommend that you try the game with only Core and Fog of War, and see if you still have the same issues. If not, then you have a mod conflict.

Thanks for the heads-up about the HugsLib error report, I'll do that next time. As for the bug I reported, I didn't see your reply earlier, so I edited the original post, but I found out the issue was actually due to the latest version of "Jec's Tools", reverting to an older version solved the problems for me.

Luka Kama

Update 1.4.0

Change log:

• Updated to B19
  • Added Spanish language (thanks for the contribution)
  • Fine tuned surveillance camera building (terrain requirement, set minimal construct skill to 5, lowered required materials, lowered power consumption)
  • Increased required research points for surveillance camera tech
  • Increased watch towers HP and view distance bonus.
  • Made beauty scores not visible for undiscovered cells
  • The new wildlife tab now shows only visible animals

Steam page
Zip to manually install here

utotuto

Quote from: Luka Kama on September 08, 2018, 08:32:27 AM
How does mod affect on event messages? Did i get message about assault/blight/ambrosia etc. if its not in my FoW

Luka Kama

Quote from: utotuto on September 08, 2018, 12:11:22 PM
How does mod affect on event messages? Did i get message about assault/blight/ambrosia etc. if its not in my FoW

Messages are displayed, but they will point at the event starting position (vanilla game messages follow pawns).

Soupy Delicious

Ahhh, I was looking for this mod for ages!  Please update it!  It added so much to my campaigns :D!

Vitvox

Apparently you can play with B19 version.

Just change the "Target Version" on the About file in the Mod and you should be OK. Read about this on the steam page of the mod

bigheadzach

Maybe someone's asked this in the last 5 pages of the post, but what happens if you try to select something in the "visited but not currently visible" fog that no longer exists? Does this present any real exploitable advantage if you're told it's not there anymore?

Luka Kama

Update 1.5.0

Change log:

• Updated to 1.0
  • Optimized FoW updates triggered by doors opening/closing and elements construction/destruction
  • Optimized FoW graphic updates (CPU load reduced by ~70%)
  • Other little improvements

With latest optimizations, on a mid-rage PC playing a big sized map with ~10 colonists and ~40 animals, performances are almost the same of the base game without the mod.

Steam page

Luka Kama

Quote from: bigheadzach on October 26, 2018, 09:58:23 AM
Maybe someone's asked this in the last 5 pages of the post, but what happens if you try to select something in the "visited but not currently visible" fog that no longer exists? Does this present any real exploitable advantage if you're told it's not there anymore?

Once an object has been seen, it remains visible and you/pawns can interact with it normally.

Soupy Delicious

Thank you for another beautiful update.  Sleekest mod in Rimworld so far, baby :D

Luka Kama

Update 1.5.1

Change log:

• Fixed a bug which prevented the interaction of player and colonists with known and revealed things.
  • Restricted to the player's colonists only the knowing check for haul jobs.

Steam page

Codexehow

You fiend! I doubt I will be able to play Rimworld without this mod now. It's just too..epic. Especially when combined with the Real Ruins mod.