[1.1] Real Fog of War (v1.8.0) - The Unknown

Started by Luka Kama, July 29, 2017, 12:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luka Kama

Update 1.6.0

Change log:

• Various optimizations (balanced by some fixes).
  • Reduced memory usages.
  • Aligned the Field of View radius calculation to the game gun radius calculation.
  • Fixed out of screen fog not updating when moving the screen while the game is paused and reimplemented the fog fading algorithm to honor the game progression..

Steam page
Zip to manually install here

Bradley_

I'm playing with Combat Extended, and although there are no incompatibilities, CE is more long ranged than vanilla. Therefore, i'd like to increase view range for everybody, come on, 30 squares is ridicilously smzll even for vannila, well, imho.

The problem is that view range values apear to be hardcoded. Here they are:

Unfortunately, PC at wich i am right now wouldn't even install visual studio, and i have no idea how else to compile. Please someone increase those values by 2.5 and give me the compiled mod. I have no idea when am i getting to my normal PC, so thanks.

Also, i wonder, why those values aren't tweakable through the ingame mod menu? As well as all the modifiers for sight and weather and whatever else is there. That would be really convenient.

Luka Kama

Hi, hard-coded values are fine tuned for vanilla game gun ranges and for performances. Increasing them (mainly the non mech one) would have an exponential impact on performances. This is the reason why I didn't make them configurable. However, I could externalize them so that power users could try to find values that best work with their mods collection and PC configuration.

I will try to do it in the next couple of weeks.

wolfsilver00

I've encountered a real annoyance/bug.. When you mine a tunnel in a zig zag, when the miner gets to the "zag" he can't see over the corner, so the next rock to be mined is not shown and then he wont automatically mine it, I have to manually draft and send him there to show that area for him to mine... This is the pattern:

XXXXXO<
---------^
>>>>>^

He goes as the arrows point until the O, he mines it diagonally from the last ^ so the first X is not revealed.

Luka Kama

Quote from: wolfsilver00 on July 03, 2019, 12:56:05 PM
I've encountered a real annoyance/bug.. When you mine a tunnel in a zig zag, when the miner gets to the "zag" he can't see over the corner, so the next rock to be mined is not shown and then he wont automatically mine it, I have to manually draft and send him there to show that area for him to mine... This is the pattern:

XXXXXO<
---------^
>>>>>^

He goes as the arrows point until the O, he mines it diagonally from the last ^ so the first X is not revealed.

Reproduced and fixed. I will release a patch in the next few days, along with the possibility to extend the base view range trough the editing of the mod XML or with an XPath mod extension (like done by the mod "Real Fog of War Extended").

Luka Kama

Update 1.7.0

Change log:

• It is now possible to customize the base view range trough mod's xml file editing or third part XPath extension mods.
  • Fixed diagonal mining issue: colonist now will peek in the mined cell as soon as it is mined, revealing all the related areas.
  • Applied some additional control to prevent rare game errors.

Steam page

wolfsilver00

Quote from: Luka Kama on July 04, 2019, 05:14:35 PM
Update 1.7.0

Change log:

• It is now possible to customize the base view range trough mod's xml file editing or third part XPath extension mods.
  • Fixed diagonal mining issue: colonist now will peek in the mined cell as soon as it is mined, revealing all the related areas.
  • Applied some additional control to prevent rare game errors.

Steam page

Do you have a patreon or something like that? This mod is by far one of my favorite mods and the fact that I posted a problem and you solved almost immediately means that I want to donate to you. Thanks for your work and for one of the most unique and awesome mods out there. Its a whole new experience and Im not playing again without this.

Soupy Delicious

I agree, I would like to donate too.  This mod is always in my mind when I think about returning to Rimworld, and the fact that you're still updating shows that this mod wasn't just a 'fire n forget'.  :DD

Brightsideguy

What is the difference between the Mech and Non-Mech default baseview ranges?  Is it a matter of what you can see vs when mechs can detect that they should shoot at you?

Trying to sort out what number to increase it to in the xml piece you made for us (thanks!), and to understand if increasing the default too high gives me an advantage over the mech's viewing capacity. I don't want to make a mech fight to easy, ha
My main mod: Gerzee Race

Tocato

Quote from: bhongryp on November 28, 2017, 12:26:07 AM
Loving this mod; totally changes the way I play the game. I've been using restricted zones to keep 'sentries' at the entrances to my base so I don't get surprised by hostiles wandering around the village (absolutely essential if you play with this and zombies). This means I now have colonists specialized for combat, which is something I had never bothered to consider before. I do have a request though: would it be possible to have the watch towers work like research tables, where there is a never-ending task? I think it would be cool to have 'Sentry' as a job that pawns can be assigned to, rather than my current method with restricted zones and guard houses.
the guard for me mod has this kinda feature. Would be cool to integrate it with this for that aspect

Bradley_

Thanks for adding customisable base ranges, i have it set to 70, no noticable perfomance issues. This mod is running perfectly apart from minor issues like downed "!" and sleepeng "z" are always visible, but that's hardly an issue.

Also, i found an incompatible mod: Desynchronized https://github.com/Vectorial1024/Desynchronized/issues/22
Looks like its just a NullReferenceException, so it should be easily patchable. Giving a shout out here and if i'll succed in fixing it myself i'll make a pullrequest.

Luka Kama

Update 1.8.0

Change log:

• RimWorld 1.1 compatibility release
  • Overlays are now displayed only for revealed areas
  • Added RimWorld 1.0 backward compatibility using version 1.7.0

Steam page

hauvega

The current harmony version is 2.0.0.7.  I see that your mod is based on 2.0.0.5.  The Rimworld 1.1 can not handle more than one version of harmony.

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

Luka Kama