[B18] Ultimate Survival

Started by Ryan123220, July 30, 2017, 12:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umbreon117

Quote from: Ryan123220 on November 28, 2017, 01:07:51 PM
The majority of the errors ended up just being capitals where they should not be since that matters now. Everything else was an easy fix, just time consuming. Not a big deal overall but due to the size of the mod the amount of errors it threw made me think it was going to take longer than it did.

I do also plan on doing another series for the mod but I would like to finish the next update first, which will be fixing all the stuff I found from the current series, which is a pretty long list and some major changes like how raids work and how enemy pawns function since the double health thing isn't the best solution for the mod.
Fair enough.

Would just heavily increasing their armor work better than just there health? Or maybe increase their HP by 1/4, and their armor by Half?...The latter would probably be better that the first out of what i suggested.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Ryan123220

I could give the pawns more base armor as a race, but that just moves one problem to another. The double enemy health thing works well but its main flaw is having 2 types of humans. The best way would be to only have 1 type of human but its hard to make enemies stronger without giving the player that same ability.

TryB4Buy

Question: how did you disable recruiting/buying colonists?

In general this is an interesting idea. I did something similar in my vanilla playthroughs. I never played the game on anything less than the highest difficulty. I suppose if others want it I can release a light modpack later. Generally the win condition is when you can 'outpace' the game's difficulty. This is usually accomplished by having sufficient tech/money and more manpower than the game expects. Then you can survive indefinitely, guaranteeing a win outside catastrophic RNG.  Basically my playthroughs progressed like this:

1) good-guy industrial start (normal cold playthrough without being evil/brutal but wins upon capturing raiders)
2) tribal start (slower disease-infested jungle playthrough wins upon buying slaves)
3) Rich explorer (but with tribal tech) with all the map negative conditions I could manage: drugged up super raiders, constant diseases, constant drone, constant fallout, constant extreme weather, etc
4) a raid a day plus psychic/poison ships (wins upon getting rich from ai cores)
5) 2-3 raids a day (wins via getting factions to fight one another)
All of the above is cumulative after removing the victory method. So the 5th campaign had every single colonist fighting off every disease from the 3rd campaign and the 4th campaign had tribal tech levels, etc. I'm considering a hardcore, multi-map, no pause challenge next.

One of the ways I found to make raiders far stronger is by basically making them immune to shock (extreme pain) with drugs. They can start spawned on drugs that you would never give to your colonists. Basically they only go down if they die, get their legs blown off, or rarely, slowly bleed out from a longer raid. The latter only happened twice in a rescue-able fashion after three seasons of in-game play (100+ raids). I figured 2% was a good enough reward rate, especially when you realize that the pain immunity allows crash landed "Free" colonists to instead get up and walk off the map before you can capture them (they don't start downed).

leeadriancatfox

This mod is awesome! But it is lacking something... A heavy duty Meat Grinder that acts like a corpse storage only ground the enemies into one common sludge! Where all your foes meet their final fate. And a Scrap Shredder where all your things can be scrap even at a cost of 50% loss of salvage material. What we need is a horde disposal. I know we can burn them or cremate them but we don't yield much to it, the map is so disgusting and an sanitary. And I am running out of psychopath chefs and 20x20 morgues. :(

SpaceDorf

I suggest using fertile fields for that.

You can cremate corpses into raw compost without a penalty.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

dragothdu381

Hello, i was wondering if it would be possible to acquire previous versions of the US mod