[1.0] Medieval Times + Combat Extended Compatibility Mod (03/12/2019)

Started by Tamias, July 30, 2017, 02:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamias

Overview
The purpose of this mod is to make Medieval Times compatible with Combat Extended. To this end, this mod makes the following changes:
1. Adds bodkin arrows for the Longbow (craftable at the tier I blacksmith's forge).
2. Adds bolts for the one-handed crossbow, crossbow, and arbalest (craftable at the tier I blacksmith's forge).
3. Adds flaming bodkin arrows and bolts (craftable at the medieval crafting station).
4. Adds musket ball ammo for the smoothbore musket.
5. Adds ballista bolts as ammo for the ballista (craftable at the tier I blacksmith's forge).
6. Adds fully CE functional heater and pavise shields (craftable at the tier II blacksmith's forge).
7. One-handed crossbows, crossbows, and arbalests can now be loaded with a single bolt ahead of time for immediate use when needed. In addition, one-handed crossbows can be used with shields.

All weapons, artillery, and armor have also been converted for use with Combat Extended.

If you have feedback on weapon balancing or anything else, feel free to leave a comment on the Steam Workshop, or get in touch with us through the Combat Extended discord!

Suggested Load Order:
1. Core
2. Medieval Times
3. Combat Extended
4. Medieval Times + Combat Extended Compatibility Mod (Links below)
5. Medieval World (Optional: Use if you want to give your game a no gun/low tech setting).

Credits and Acknowledgements
- Mod Team: Tamias, N7Huntsman, and Arty

- Vindar, the creator of Medieval Times. He graciously provided the wonderful artwork for all the new items, and was fundamental in the original creation of this mod.

- NoImageAvailable, XeoNovaDan, and the rest of the Combat Extended Team. Through tireless effort, they have created the definitive Rimworld combat experience, and it was their guidance and resource documentation that made this mod possible.

Download
Steam Workshop
ModDB

License
You're welcome to include this mod in a modpack, provided you give us credit and/or a link to the original post. Other than that exception, this work should not otherwise be distributed, reproduced, or uploaded elsewhere (in part or full) without our expressed written consent.

Rellicus

I'm getting the following error whenever I try to shoot one of the weapons you added ammo to (longbow or any crossbow). I have tried it both with ammo usage enabled and disabled. My pawn's name is Mantis. The animation plays up until the moment the arrow or bolt should leave the weapon (they still aim and everything), but the pawn just freezes right there.

Exception ticking Mantis: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at CombatExtended.Verb_LaunchProjectileCE.TryCastShot () <0x000fb>
at CombatExtended.Verb_ShootCE.TryCastShot () <0x000a9>
at Verse.Verb.TryCastNextBurstShot () <0x00040>
at Verse.Verb.WarmupComplete () <0x00028>
at CombatExtended.Verb_LaunchProjectileCE.WarmupComplete () <0x00123>
at CombatExtended.Verb_ShootCE.WarmupComplete () <0x00274>
at Verse.Stance_Warmup.Expire () <0x00017>
at Verse.Stance_Busy.StanceTick () <0x00020>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Stance_Warmup.StanceTick_Patch1 (object) <0x0025e>
at Verse.Pawn_StanceTracker.StanceTrackerTick () <0x00044>
at Verse.Pawn.Tick () <0x0012a>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x002c0>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Gleerok

Any news if this is fixed :( ? I'm having the same error

Actually, its this one:

Exception ticking Huntsman: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
at Verse.Verb_LaunchProjectile.TryCastShot () <0x00274>
at Verse.Verb_Shoot.TryCastShot () <0x00014>
at Verse.Verb.VerbTick () <0x0005c>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.VerbTracker.VerbsTick_Patch0 (object) <0x00043>
at Verse.Pawn_EquipmentTracker.EquipmentTrackerTick () <0x00053>
at Verse.Pawn.Tick () <0x0028c>

Exception ticking Skye: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
at Verse.Verb_LaunchProjectile.TryCastShot () <0x00274>
at Verse.Verb_Shoot.TryCastShot () <0x00014>
at Verse.Verb.VerbTick () <0x0005c>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.VerbTracker.VerbsTick_Patch0 (object) <0x00043>
at Verse.Pawn_EquipmentTracker.EquipmentTrackerTick () <0x00053>
at Verse.Pawn.Tick () <0x0028c>

Exception ticking Huntsman: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

mythal

Vane

Quote from: mythal on November 22, 2017, 12:10:47 AM
Looking forward for the update to B18!

Is there any progress on this? Would love to combine these 2 mods!

Tamias

Tamias

Updated 5/16/18: Fixed the issue of overly low armor penetration values on Medieval Times melee weapons.

Tamias

Updated 5/18/18: Fixed all functional issues with the ranged weapons, added ammo recoverablity stats to all relevant ammo types, and moved the crafting of the musket balls over to the fueled and electric smithies from the reloading bench.

Pupun2542

Quote from: Tamias on May 18, 2018, 10:09:28 AM
Updated 5/18/18: Fixed all functional issues with the ranged weapons, added ammo recoverablity stats to all relevant ammo types, and moved the crafting of the musket balls over to the fueled and electric smithies from the reloading bench.

Thank for do that
but where are those ranged weapon issues? I didn't notice that

supershutze

Getting an error when I mouse over other nearby pawns when I have a pawn with a ranged weapon added by medieval times selected.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at CombatExtended.Verb_LaunchProjectileCE.ShiftVecReportFor (Verse.LocalTargetInfo) <0x002b7>
at CombatExtended.Harmony.Harmony_TooltipUtility_ShotCalculationTipString_Patch.Postfix (string&,Verse.Thing) <0x0042f>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.TooltipUtility.ShotCalculationTipString_Patch1 (Verse.Thing) <0x004dd>
at Verse.TooltipGiverList.DispenseAllThingTooltips () <0x00322>
at RimWorld.MapInterface.MapInterfaceOnGUI_BeforeMainTabs () <0x000c5>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x00056>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x000c6>

Tamias

Updated 03/12/19: Various bugfixes, and updated the steam requirements to include CE 1.0 instead of CE B18.