changing standard textures

Started by eskoONE, May 05, 2014, 04:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eskoONE

hi guys,

im trying to dive into making textures for this game. im wondering if there is another way than editing the gamefiles itself to change the ingame textures for the standard items or can i do it somehow the xml way?

i feel like if i edit the gamefiles its kinda hard to distribute the texturepack for everybody since it seems it takes a bit time consuming to replace the textures one by one and im pretty sure not everybody is willing to do so.

if there is no way to do so, is it planned to implement a interface to do so?

mrofa

Yes you can replace the original textures by using the same def names, so basicly just copy item form the core to your mod and change the texture path to your texture.
All i do is clutter all around.

Architect

However that will result in the texture changes being incompatible with mods, as your defs would override theirs, or vice versa.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

eskoONE

ok, ty guys.

so it would be better to mod the game ressources and provide the files here. i saw a tutorial somewhere how to do that but it seems i cant find it anymore. can someone link me to the tutorial pls?

ty again!