[A17] Architect Menu Becomes Empty

Started by KrimsonXG, November 03, 2017, 02:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrimsonXG

This has started plaguing me recently, but basically after about 5 minutes I lose the ability to see anything in the Architect menus. I haven't added any new mods but have actually removed some trying to fix it. I am using new games but it doesn't change anything. I can get access again if I save, exit, and reload...but after 5 minutes or so it just bugs out again.

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/NEQP5Bx.png
Modlist: https://pastebin.com/B70yLYVp

Jordan Bear

Having the exact same problem man!

I'd just installed some new mods (the Rim Of Madness series) so I thought it was that, but after uninstalling them and some other things, the problem persisted. Unless you've already solved it, my guess is that something we're both using has recently updated, and is causing a conflict with something else we're both using. It's the only thing I can think of that would cause a previously working load order to suddenly bork out.

Here's my own load order:

https://pastebin.com/iffGUBzb

And here's the mods I can spot that we have in common:

Quote-Core
-Hugslib
-Camera +
-EdB Prepare Carefully
-Jecs Tools
-RomanceDiversified
-Xeva's Rimhair (A15,A16,A17)
-Allow Tool
-Hand Me That Brick
-Less Rebuff
-Efficient Light
-RT Fuse
-More Furniture (A17)
-Please Haul Perishables
-LT-DoorMat
-Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.0
-Haul to Stack
-Pawns Play Together
-I Can Fix It!
-JTReplaceWalls [A17]
-Fluffy Breakdowns
-Color Coded Mood Bar
-While You're Up
-Humanoid Alien Races 2.0

Assuming that it is one of those mods causing an issue, I'm going to go through their steam pages and see if any have updated recently and if anyone is posting about problems. On the other hand, my load order is pretty huge and probably pretty unhealthy, so it's possible I just have too many mods installed for rimworld to cope at this point :L

Good luck fixing it, let me know if you work anything out!

KrimsonXG

Quote from: Jordan Bear on November 05, 2017, 05:06:58 PM
Having the exact same problem man!

I'd just installed some new mods (the Rim Of Madness series) so I thought it was that, but after uninstalling them and some other things, the problem persisted. Unless you've already solved it, my guess is that something we're both using has recently updated, and is causing a conflict with something else we're both using. It's the only thing I can think of that would cause a previously working load order to suddenly bork out.

Here's my own load order:

https://pastebin.com/iffGUBzb

And here's the mods I can spot that we have in common:

Quote-Core
-Hugslib
-Camera +
-EdB Prepare Carefully
-Jecs Tools
-RomanceDiversified
-Xeva's Rimhair (A15,A16,A17)
-Allow Tool
-Hand Me That Brick
-Less Rebuff
-Efficient Light
-RT Fuse
-More Furniture (A17)
-Please Haul Perishables
-LT-DoorMat
-Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.0
-Haul to Stack
-Pawns Play Together
-I Can Fix It!
-JTReplaceWalls [A17]
-Fluffy Breakdowns
-Color Coded Mood Bar
-While You're Up
-Humanoid Alien Races 2.0

Assuming that it is one of those mods causing an issue, I'm going to go through their steam pages and see if any have updated recently and if anyone is posting about problems. On the other hand, my load order is pretty huge and probably pretty unhealthy, so it's possible I just have too many mods installed for rimworld to cope at this point :L

Good luck fixing it, let me know if you work anything out!
Alright, I think I found what is causing it, I believe it is Pawns Play Together. I have removed several mods over the course of my attempt to discover what was causing this bug, so there is a chance that it may have been a sort of too many mods thing. However the problem continued to persist with each removed mod.

I discovered that the mod page for PPT on the workshop was completely gone so I couldn't see if others were having issues and posting them on the mod page, but removing it has yet to yield the bug and I've been playing for about 15 minutes. In my search I have found that a few mods have given people similar issues (though I don't know if these issues have been fixed) like a color mood bar mod.

EDIT: Also PPT was the only mod left that dandanthemagicman, Jordan Bear, and I still had in common (minus the basics like Higs, EdB, and Camera+ which are highly maintained).

Jordan Bear

Awesome find, I never even noticed that the page was missing! If it's been took down from steam, it seems pretty plausible it was causing problems for a few people.

Glad you got it sorted on your end- I ended up abandoning the build and moving over to a18 after a couple of days of trying :L

It definitely seems to be the case that a few different mods have caused this, so I guess the best people can do is test mods when adding them to load orders to make sure they aren't causing problems. That, and searching for bug reports/missing steam pages :P It normally seems to be an incompatibility between two mods, though maybe with PPT there was just a bug in the code somewhere. It just sucks that this one takes 5-10 minutes before it rears its head, and doesn't leave any evidence in the debug logs. Makes it pretty hard to spot.