Comms Console not functioning for orbital traders

Started by BoogieMan, August 01, 2017, 07:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoogieMan

I saw a post that makes me think this was fixed awhile back, so perhaps it's mod related.. The factions listed all have leaders and I can contact them normally, just not trade ships. The pawn goes up to the comms console, it throws an error, then they walk off. I started a new game with the same mods enabled and it works fine. I also went a few autosaves back it it works fine. I'll also attach a picture of the mods I'm using.

Here is a list of active mods that have updated since I last played when it was working fine though like I said, old autosave is fine:

RimFridge - A17
[RF] Smooth Stone Walls [a17]
Hospitality
JecsTools - accidentally left this one enabled.. I don't think I'm running any mod that requires it.

I installed this mod after I had already played this save but it doesn't seem to be at fault:
Don't stop the music

It's not a super big deal at the moment since the autosaves seem to be working at present so unless it reoccurs, and I'll report it if it does, I can keep playing this save. But in case in may be of help to you or someone else who encounters the same thing I figured I'd make a thread about it.

Here is the error message that pops up when I try to contact an orbital trader:

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Kharus, Job=UseCommsConsole A=Thing_CommsConsole196725, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.TransferableUtility.TransferAsOne (Verse.Thing a, Verse.Thing b) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TransferableUtility.TransferableMatching[Tradeable] (Verse.Thing thing, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 transferables) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal.AddToTradeables (Verse.Thing t, Transactor trans) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal.AddAllTradeables () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal.Reset () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeSession.SetupWith (ITrader newTrader, Verse.Pawn newPlayerNegotiator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Dialog_Trade..ctor (Verse.Pawn playerNegotiator, ITrader trader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeShip.TryOpenComms (Verse.Pawn negotiator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_UseCommsConsole+<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator42.<>m__BB () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  lastJobGiver=, curJob.def=UseCommsConsole, curDriver=RimWorld.JobDriver_UseCommsConsole
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:TryEnterNextPathCell()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]