Please make double clicking item, that results in (various), show a count?

Started by Rock5, August 03, 2017, 01:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

When you double click an item such as "Cloth" it selects all cloth on screen and shows the message "Cloth x6000" for instance if you have 6000. When you double click something that has variable names such as colonists or pets it show "(various)" with no count. I can understand that it shows various because they have different names but why can't it show the count?

Firstly, I understand why it shows "various", it's because they have different names. But if I double click a cow, for example, it knows to select all cows even though they don't share the same name because they are the same type i.e. cow. Why can't it use this "type" and show a message such as "Cow x2"?

I can live with it saying "various" but the main reason for this post is to request that a count is shown regardless. Why can't it show "(various) x2"? For that matter why can't a count be provided when selecting multiple different items? I understand that some items don't stack so you would effectively be counting the items whereas items that stack you would be totaling the stacks but surely it's not that difficult to merge the two.

What do you think?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Toast

Would make it easier to gauge the size of certain manhunter herds, so I'm in favor.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Toast on August 03, 2017, 03:04:39 AM
Would make it easier to gauge the size of certain manhunter herds, so I'm in favor.

Or Invaders .. I vote Aye
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

NeverPire

Is it already possible to get the count with the click and drag selection ?
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Draconicrose

I have a Rimworld Let's Play for you -> Let's Play Rimworld Playlist

Bakar

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Jibbles

I'm on board :)

Another QoL for me.  There are hotkeys that switch the selection between your colonists (the comma and period key.) Would be useful to have some hotkeys for raiders as well.