New Method of disposal

Started by Coenmcj, May 07, 2014, 01:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coenmcj

So I noticed that noone has brought this up during other threads and I thought it was something similar to Sion's Construction/shooting range. thought it should be shown to the community. :D

Edit : Yeah, I completely forgot about grenades, I suppose this is good for theatrics or the whole story aspect of it?

The Method of disposal is to simply crush it, Build a large open room, Large enough that in the centre it should collapse and eliminate everything below. build a dumping zone in the area it should collapse in and put everything you want destroyed there (Bodies, Materials, Excess food)  have someone shoot out the support from a distance or destroy it with other means (Blasting charge for instance) and then simply dig it out and replace the support to repeat.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Celthric Aysen

I used this strategy before, but its a'bit time consuming, Burning corpses is much more easy.
Edit: Just my opinion
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Coenmcj

When you have those obnoxious things like oversurplus food for example though... You can't burn them.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Coenmcj on May 07, 2014, 02:37:34 AM
When you have those obnoxious things like oversurplus food for example though... You can't burn them.
l don't usually throw away good potatoes, i just sell them for silver or let the squirrels eat it

Coenmcj

I Tend not to do it either, however when you have in excess of 2000 Potatos, 1500 berries and whatever then you kind of need a way to dispose of them, Especially with no trader's in sight.

Someone may of set the plains on fire and killed all the squirrels we apologise to the RWSPCA

edit: Why there no 4PT or 6PT font sizes?!

Celthric Aysen

Geeves

Quote from: Coenmcj on May 07, 2014, 02:45:24 AM
I Tend not to do it either, however when you have in excess of 2000 Potatos, 1500 berries and whatever then you kind of need a way to dispose of them, Especially with no trader's in sight.

Someone may of set the plains on fire and killed all the squirrels we apologise to the RWSPCA

edit: Why there no 4PT or 6PT font sizes?!

Time to turn off the Hydroplonics bays Imo...
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

Coenmcj

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on May 07, 2014, 03:02:31 AM
Grenades.....

Derp. Completely forgot about grenades... Ill just be in the corner....
But oh well, it's another way for people to get rid of stuff. It's like graves, it's there for storing bodies but everyone just burns them.

Quote from: Geeves on May 07, 2014, 03:56:30 AM
Time to turn off the Hydroplonics bays Imo...
If I can't kill my colonists through the normal means I'll kill them by overfeeding them. ;D

Darkfirephoenix

How about making an compostation/Bio-Gas mod wich will use biomaterial (plants, meat...colonists) to make Bio-gas wich then in turn can be used to generate power?

Coenmcj

There are a few mods at the moment that incinerate or repurpose alot of stuff, but this is purely Vanilla.

Now that I've overthought the whole disposal thing and forgot about grenades, now I need to forget about hydroponics and grow bays and find some really stupid way of getting food.