[B18] Advanced Cabinets

Started by macicka, August 04, 2017, 06:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macicka

Hello there!

Just my small personal mod that adds 3 new cabinets since there are no mods for that and I saw a lot of you asking about that kind of mod.
Cabinets have just recolored texture of vanilla cabinet.

Tool Cabinet Mk II:
Steel: 500
Component: 10
Research preq: Machining
Speed Factor: 15%
Max. simultaneous: 2

Tool Cabinet Mk III:
Steel: 600
Plastee: 100
Component: 15
Research preq: Machining, Macroelectronics Basics
Speed Factor: 20%
Max. simultaneous: 3

Tool Cabinet Mk IV:
Steel: 600
Plastee: 150
Gold: 50
Component: 20
Research preq: Multi-analyzer
Speed Factor: 35%
Max. simultaneous: 3

Don't really know if it's balanced or not, I tried to make it as balanced as I could. Should work with almost all workbenches even from other mods (they are working with Electric Stove and benches similar to that as well).

As far as I know it is compatible with every other mod (I am using about 150 mods and no conflicts) so you should be good, but keep it on the bottom of your modlist (load it last).
It is save compatible, of course if you wanna uninstall, first deconstruct all added cabinets in your save, then you can safely remove it.
You can do whatever you want with it, so just go for it :D
If you have any suggestions just tell me, I will try my best

June 12, 2018
xml change => changed root element from buildings to defs

June 7, 2018
Updated to beta 18!

September 10, 2017
Did little update based on @Sixdd advice. Everything works fine, no errors found. Also did few more tests with other mods, as long as Advanced Cabinets was on last positions everything went well.

For the Rim!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

macicka

I am sorry, but I have to inform you, I am not the guy :D I don't even have steam version of the game. I just saw that you and some others was looking for this kind of mod, same as me, so I tried to make it and it worked, so I just wanted to share.

Dellamorte

Well I am glad to hear that and in that case am happy to use your mod, am glad you took your time to make this contribution to the community. I did try to look to see if you were the same author but the mod was removed from steam so I did not know for sure.

I assumed you were the author of the previous mod and that was a mistake on my part and for that I apologise, I guess I made an ass of myself with that "ass"umption.

katbarf

Thanks so much. The former version by another author broke my save that I had been slaving on for a long while. I appreciate this!

macicka

Absolutely no problem :)
And one of the reasons I made it (or share it) was that I saw some posts about some kind of mod with cabinets that breaks saves (but as I said, I don't use steam so have no idea which mod was that). So you are really welcome, I am glad you like it :)

Positronium

Experienced 4 errors saying the patch failed making the cabinets not connect to anything, moved it towards the top of my mod list. 3 of the 4 errors disappeared afterwards, on second restart its the same 1/4 errors appeared but generally no other bugs found...

This is still generally OP and could definitely use a research for each one of these considering they have the "MK I, II, III, IV" marks on them.

Dellamorte

Try moving this mod to the very top of the mod list, just under CORE.

Sixdd

@macicka If you add

<success>Always</success>

elements above <xpath> elements in the patch you can make it fail silently. This would stop the errors from showing in the log if it doesn't find anything with the xpath. Helps to prevent false positives, just remember to comment out the <success> tag when you are testing new things otherwise you won't see any errors if there are any. Other than that it looks great except that you would want to load it last in your order in order to allow the patch to patch everything properly. Definitely replacing More Linkables with this.

macicka

Thanks for the tip, I will add it as soon as possible (vacation time :D).
And I am glad you like it :)

Dellamorte

If anyone is interested I have made compatability patches for Cybernetic Storm and Right Tool: Rebalanced, I also have one for Electric Stone Cutting. I will upload them if you people are interested in them.

Sixdd

@Dellamorte Actually I'm the maintainer of Right Tool for the Job and it shouldn't need a patch of it's own, at least from what I've seen it should already be patched by this mod without issue. Thank you though :)

Dellamorte

I have not been playing for a few weeks so I do not know off the top of my head for sure but I am rather sure it did not work without a patch.

EDIT: I did a quick test and the toolbench did not link without my patch. It might be my mod load order but doubt it as I run Advanced Cabinets at the very top of my mod list.
EDIT2: I guess I am stupid, I am not using this mod I am using More Linkables, my mistake I guess that is what happens when I keep swapping mods, I feel like a fool now :P.

Sixdd

Yeah more linkables needs a patch for Right Tool, I need to get to that. If you wouldn't mind posting the patch in that thread I'll add it to the mod when I get a chance, with credit of course.

Dellamorte

I hate to spam this thread with stuff not directly relevant to this mod but I can not find the thread for More Linkables on this forum so if you could link me to it I will be glad to post it over there.
EDIT: I added it to a post on your mod thread.

macicka

Quote from: Sixdd on September 10, 2017, 03:26:07 PM
@macicka If you add

<success>Always</success>

elements above <xpath> elements in the patch you can make it fail silently. This would stop the errors from showing in the log if it doesn't find anything with the xpath. Helps to prevent false positives, just remember to comment out the <success> tag when you are testing new things otherwise you won't see any errors if there are any. Other than that it looks great except that you would want to load it last in your order in order to allow the patch to patch everything properly. Definitely replacing More Linkables with this.

Thanks again, just updated the mod.