[Mod Request] Late game materials

Started by Oblitus, August 05, 2017, 05:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oblitus

Are there any good mods which add some decent materials to use in the late game? Plasteel barely feels good, since a savage with a wooden club can break through a plasteel wall in no time. Or set it on fire.

Alpha/Beta poly from Glitter Tech is good (though maybe too good), but the mod adds a ton of utterly crazy stuff.

ED-ReinforcedStuff is working weirdly, not allowing to control how much stuff you want to convert and is not well integrated into a game, being accessible from the very beginning.

Concrete by porohkun is kinda okay, but it is not that much stronger and is "stone" stuff only.

Omnicast

tonsrd

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30547.0

adds- some of what u want and a way to mine it ( end game )
New stuff
- concrete
- high-grade steel
- copper
- aluminium

New bench
- concrete mixer
- electric arc furnace
- deep mine

New power building
- industrial cable
- industrial battery
- neclear power plant (20kW power output)

New trader ship
- deep space mining ship

Oblitus

Quote from: Omnicast on August 05, 2017, 08:24:23 PM
This might be what you're looking for. Titanium+.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34372
Will try, though from the recipe it looks like some mod like deep core drilling is necessary, since it uses a lot of plasteel.

Quote from: tonsrd on August 05, 2017, 09:22:36 PM
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30547.0

adds- some of what u want and a way to mine it ( end game )
New stuff
- concrete
- high-grade steel
- copper
- aluminium

New bench
- concrete mixer
- electric arc furnace
- deep mine

New power building
- industrial cable
- industrial battery
- neclear power plant (20kW power output)

New trader ship
- deep space mining ship

Tried some time ago. New stuff is totally pointless, except maybe concrete and industrial cable, and deep mine is a cornucopia. HG steel is just a bit better than steel, and at the moment you can afford it you already want to move on to plasteel or better.

SpaceDorf

Metal walls are stupid, because they burn, go oldschool and build granite walls two tiles thick ..

Have you tried this one ?

Fertile Fields + Concrete Addon

my personal favorite.
And if the tribal dude with the club has time to attack your walls you are doing something wrong.
what is no time in your book anyway ? 
granite walls can usually take more than one rocket and several grenades ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

faltonico

The best late game materials are the ones from Glittertech. They are incredibly powerful but incredibly expensive, a door can have 750.000 HP if you make it out of Alpha Poly, twice that with Beta Poly. Those 2 materials also have a lot of offsets that make stuff made out of them to be very outlandish to say the least, like a 120 damage longsword.
The mod includes quite a lot of stuff, so it is not of everybody's taste.

SpaceDorf

What puts me off about glittertech is that there is no overview or general information on what the mod actually adds to the game ..

But the way you describe glittertech the "malfunction" mod seems to be the light version of it ..

Oblitus

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 05, 2017, 10:56:25 PM
Metal walls are stupid, because they burn, go oldschool and build granite walls two tiles thick ..

Have you tried this one ?

Fertile Fields + Concrete Addon

my personal favorite.
And if the tribal dude with the club has time to attack your walls you are doing something wrong.
what is no time in your book anyway ? 
granite walls can usually take more than one rocket and several grenades ..
Fertile Fileds seems to be very overcomplicated with production chain.

Well, maybe I'm wrong not having a proper turret protection for my fields and thermal generators, but I always have some part of the raid going to burn and break them, and, since I usually have no more than 6 pawns, I can't really play agressive enoug to fight in field late game, when I'm getting 50++ attackers.

Quote from: faltonico on August 05, 2017, 11:03:35 PM
The best late game materials are the ones from Glittertech. They are incredibly powerful but incredibly expensive, a door can have 750.000 HP if you make it out of Alpha Poly, twice that with Beta Poly. Those 2 materials also have a lot of offsets that make stuff made out of them to be very outlandish to say the least, like a 120 damage longsword.
The mod includes quite a lot of stuff, so it is not of everybody's taste.
As I've said, GT adds tons of utterly crazy stuff, and it's production chain is seriosly broken. I had to buy and deconstruct sculptures to get said poly.

SpaceDorf

not really overcomplicated .. you got two researches ..
farming(750) and terraforming(2000) .. then you can change every terrain to the one you like, with enough work.
and even get better soil to farm on ..

Compost is easy made from hay and insects, or rotten crap, or cremate raiders .. and fertilizer is quite cheap to buy.

making concrete is 4 single steps, which are easily automated .. make crushed rock from chuncks, make sand from crushed rocks .. ( until you have x .. ) at the rock mill  ( second research )  and make cement at the forge .. then mix concrete at the stonecutting table ..  .. not harder than smelting steel in DF  ;D or making medicine ..

or try the "malfunction" mod .. it adds graphene and some nano material, which are all craftable ..
I am not through that one yet .. so I can't tell you how balanced it is .. but I found a graphene sword once which was quite awesome.

Oblitus

Meh... As usual, want stuff done well - do it yourself...

faltonico

Quote from: Oblitus on August 06, 2017, 10:15:10 PM
Meh... As usual, want stuff done the way you want - do it yourself...
I fixed that for you.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: faltonico on August 08, 2017, 01:25:29 AM
I fixed that for you.

This may be the whole reason for the activity of the mod community here :)

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 08, 2017, 02:43:57 AM
Quote from: Oblitus on August 06, 2017, 10:15:10 PMMeh... As usual, want stuff done the way you want - do it yourself...
I fixed that for you.
This may be the whole reason for the activity of the mod community here :)

Yeah, I think that's a fair bet. I know the reason I mod is because I want things to work a particular way, and they don't, so I have to "fix" them. (Of course, then, I have to deal with users like SpaceDorf, who have their own disgustingly good ideas about how things in my mods should work, forcing me to make changes and upgrades to accommodate them.) ;)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Oblitus

I fixed that for you.
Where? I don't see any difference.

SpaceDorf

Don't guilt trip me, I was married once ..

And boy if I could keep my head together, the list of published mods would be as long as yours :)