Clean immediately

Started by faltonico, August 08, 2017, 06:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

faltonico

I have noticed that there is a delay (a noticeable one) between one pawn releasing filth onto a floor and the possibility to force a pawn to clean it.
I want my pawns to clean the floors the moment blood or any kind of filth hits them.

Is there a way to remove that delay? can it be done in xml?

jamaicancastle

I'm 99% sure the delay has to do with how often the game registers cleaning jobs, which would be a C#-side effect and one I'm not totally sure I'd be comfortable tinkering with (presumably that delay exists for some reason, whether performance or because it confuses the AI to not have it).

SpaceDorf

I often see bleeding animals or pawns surrounded by minions or robots following them arround and cleaning every drop of blood as soon as it happens.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

faltonico

Quote from: jamaicancastle on August 08, 2017, 10:44:42 AM
I'm 99% sure the delay has to do with how often the game registers cleaning jobs, which would be a C#-side effect and one I'm not totally sure I'd be comfortable tinkering with (presumably that delay exists for some reason, whether performance or because it confuses the AI to not have it).
I don't think that would be the case because all of the filth patches would be eligible to be cleaned at the same time, regardless of when they were produced. eg, if one filth is produced it takes lets say 3 seconds (?) on speed 2 for you to be able to clean it, if another filth is produced one second after the first one right next to it, if the game is delaying the time it searches for filth to clean and assign jobs, both of the filths would be able to be cleaned at the same time, but what i see is that, they are both delayed the same time, i am almost certain it is not a performance issue but a weird balancing decision.

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 09, 2017, 02:44:03 PM
I often see bleeding animals or pawns surrounded by minions or robots following them arround and cleaning every drop of blood as soon as it happens.
Which mods are you using to do that? i want them! Dx

SpaceDorf

Minions and/or RimSlaves and Robots++

Real funny is seeing a social fight get pushed around by the circle of cleaners around them .. it looks more like a cheering crowd :)
5 Silver on Ray ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

faltonico

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 09, 2017, 03:47:38 PM
Minions and/or RimSlaves and Robots++

Real funny is seeing a social fight get pushed around by the circle of cleaners around them .. it looks more like a cheering crowd :)
5 Silver on Ray ..
I'll go for RimSlaves... Minions, i don't like the way they look xD
Thanks!