Died from infection at 87% ? Is this supposed to be possible?

Started by asanbr, August 12, 2017, 09:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asanbr

I have never seen this before. Poeple always die at 100% and from my expericne, that's how starving, blood loss, infection, hypothermia, heat stroke, everything works.

Today one of my people died of infection (the game said so literally), but his infection was at 87%

BoogieMan

Maybe with all the different penalties consciousness was reduced too much, especially if they took drugs. What did the actual death message say?

hoffmale

Cause of death: Torso efficiency went down to 0%.

This probably was caused by the infection advancing to 87%, reducing torso efficiency by a total of 70%. Together with the other injuries, that left the torso efficiency at <0%.

Beforehand, the torso efficiency reduction was only 50%, which left torso efficiency at around 12.5% (so barely functioning).

Canute

Your knight got alot of wolfs bites too, i don't think the infection comes from them.
Let me guess your knight was sick by the infection before, then a manhunter pack show up and you needed his fighting abilities.

Without the injuries from the wolfes, your knight would have survived the heavy infection. But the wounds weakend the torse so much that he simple die.

Infection isn't just simple to compare the two percent numbers, it got side effects too.

Panzer

We discussed such cases pretty much in detail a while ago, heres the link to that topic: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33166.0

asanbr

Thanks, interesting replies, thanks for the info.

Such a bummer to die from infection when 99% immune.

The message literally said that Frank died of infection, as I wrote in OP.

I don't remember all the details but I think the injection was older than the wolf bites.

He was downed from a raid or heatstroke and lying outside the base for a while, because no one had time to pick him up. Then a hungry wolf comes by and starts munching.

I got someone else with a knife to kill the wolf but poor Frank was in pretty bad shape.